Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

this is fast becoming the story of my life . Sitting in my underwear watching tv .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Nearly half way through shift 4/7, tonight has been on my last nerve quite a bit.

there’s a programme on tv about Jamie Bulger . I honestly can’t watch anything about it . I remember when my son was 3 he took off running from a Tesco , because he lost sight of me . Scariest moment of my life all because they had stupid Halloween stuff up

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Feeling the irritation today

….about everything.

Wondering, would I eat better if I knew I had to post a pic of my meal every day? (like some do here, I mean their meals look incredible!)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sorry to hear that. Very scary in the moment. My lad used to be terrified of Halloween masks too when he was that age. I used be very annoyed that the play school never considered children with those fears when they did scary fancy dress.

If the programme tonight referred to him as Jamie Bulger, that's lazy journalism. His mum, Denise has always emphatically said his only name was James Bulger. RIP.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

• same!! I think everyone is. I wonder what’s going on?
    like everyone in work was in such a bad mood all day. I actually nearly walked out at one stage I was so fecking sick of having the chef nitpick and argue about stupid shite.
    customers were a huge pain as well.
    everyone was just annoying the hell out of me. 🤣

in better news.. signed the paperwork for car finance and dealer is confident it’ll be ready for collection by Monday evening. Hoping I’ve the day off Monday to prepare my car for trade in and say goodbye to the 2010 civic. She’s been a divil for the last few months and I’ve lost all confidence in it to be honest. Starting problems were sorted out with a new battery and it’s sort of a pain to let it go after spending a few hundred quid but after the episode at the Motorway services and paying €120 for a guy to come jump start me cos the battery died.. I’ve had enough. 🤣

Will say no more about the new bus til Monday. But she’s a beauty. 😎 almost went with a Jaguar but stuck with something more reliable and economic to repair. Was told by a co worker their neighbour had a taillight replaced on their jag, 2 months to source the part and €2.5k between parts and labour.. yikes. 😦

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Go you 👏 A few months ago you hadn't even passed your driving test. Now you are the owner of a fancy new (ish) motor 😉

I've been watching some Hell's KItchen lately with Gordon the tyrant. Do head chefs actually behave like him irl??

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

It might have to do with the moon cycle.

I googled it and it was 1993 . But the fear I felt ( as did he ) never left me

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

the images of the news reports never left me.

• Advertisement

• yeah i sort of couldn’t be arsed with a “fancy” whip as a learner cos the Gardai would seize your car for driving unaccompanied.. not that I ever did. 😨🤣 ahem.

As for kitchen drama 🎭

Yes and no. It does happen insofar as there are absolutely chefs who are so arrogant they think it’s acceptable to behave that way. Most good chefs will have a calm attitude and remain cool under pressure that’s sort of essential.

It’s mostly for TV but all that said I have worked with plenty of people who genuinely respond better to getting yelled at than they do gentler approaches. Theres enough commis chefs I’ve tried to teach things to who think they know better than everyone because they’ve watched a few Marco Pierre White videos or read a Delilah smith book.

I once had a commis chef tell me my ragu bolognaise needed lemon juice. He also lied everytime he made an error and became belligerent when you pulled him up on anything. I learned the best way to deal with him was zero tolerance. If he F’d up I went mad. He learned pretty fast to shut up and pay attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I purchased myself a beautiful donut today and I do not feel guilty 🍩 it was just perfect 👌

I too have also purchased a new car 🚗 absolutely gorgeous it is ❤️

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Did you go for a Merc? We need details.😁

Heading off shortly on a 4 (at least) hour journey with someone who thinks they're a rally driver...dreading it,a friend gave me xanax but I'm too nervous to take it so I'm having half a glass of wine, for once it really is medicinal...😭.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm like an antichrist too, I'm more in the mood to drive into a wall than change my car.

Worst week of the year so far where everything and nothing is just wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

In our old banger 😁on the way home from hospital appointment and the traffic is mental. Think we hit school pick up time or something. Was beautiful weather earlier, wet now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

The only thing I'm driving these days is a desk…

Just got good news though. My new glasses are ready to picked up. The first new set since early 2012. Can't wait to pick them up tomorrow! 🤩😀

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Looking forward to hearing what Auto got despite me not driving in a million years

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭suvigirl

I hate rain, sigh 😞

Biblical here plus two major traffic dilemmas have the town snarled all the way up..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭suvigirl

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@autosport what car did you get ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,149 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Work night for me, tired as fe5k, time for an IV of coffee.

Isn’t there a ground power unit at the airport they can hook you up to? 😇

Just got home. Knee is messed up again, but despite the pain, grey weather, muggy air and encroaching darkness, I feel good for some reason. Long may it last!

That the knee you had so much bother with?. Feck it, feet up

Nope, that was the starboard one. This is the other one, because of course it is…

Ahh ouch, I compensate frequently and it's a bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

With all those knee references, I am reminded of this joke:

How many ears does Spock have?

Three: the left ear, the right ear, and the final frontier

• Advertisement

Bed, one more night. Proper exhausted

Advertisement