Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

He currently owns about 65/70% of the stock but none of his shares are in circulation.

Only about 25% of the current total shares are actually available to trade as all the rest are under lock-out agreements for the next 6 months.

And he has deals in place that will give him 90% of the stock if the stock price meets some criteria ($17 or better for any 20 days over the next 6 months).

It's not a real company and it's not a real stock - It's utterly unheard of for that much of the stock to be held by the board.

The tiny amount of shares available is what is inflating the price - Once the other shares become tradeable the price will plummet immediately if not long before.

It's "real" value based on any normal valuation calculation is probably something like 35 or 40 cents per share or about 100 times less that todays price.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,970 ✭✭✭Christy42

Pretty much all on the money being bet. They try and get it so they will win money no matter what and adjust the odds to encourage betting one way or another. So if Biden shortens it means he has more bets recently and they are adjusting.

They had Trump to win long into the last election night and wanted to do so because they had a lot of bets on Trump. They are not making a prediction.

Polls now have crazy errors as it is still early.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

And the simple question is, what has Trump done to gain any voters that he didn't have in 2020? If anything, he's surrounded with more scandal including a rape and an insurrection. It seems more likely that he's lost voters in that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,714 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump has become more extreme, if anything, and he doesn't even appear to want moderate Republican voters, if his comments about Nikki Haley's voters is anything to go by. The subtext of that is pretty worrying. Does he and his team have a plan to usurp the 2024 election with a minority of voters (following on from Michael Whatley's declaration about widescale hiring of partisan election workers) or is it just that enough people in the contentious states are ready to vote in someone who has openly bragged about taking revenge? If either of these are accurate, November will be fraught.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gneel

Has he got anything to do with The Fifth Column podcast?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

• Registered Users Posts: 82,412 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 14,705 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Both actors actually look pretty similar to the characters they are playing.

There is the makings of a very good film from Trumps career in the 80's and 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Alibaba

Next week going to be interesting as he becomes the first former President to go on trial in New York.

Gonna be some razz mattaz around that !

I’m not familiar with Strong but Stan is a solid talent

• Advertisement

RFK Jr fires the campaign strategist who admitted on camera that the goal of the campaign was to defeat Biden (not Trump)

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/rfk-fires-staffer-endorsed-trump-reelection-1235002839/

• Registered Users Posts: 16,615 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Most of the GOP commentary has been about spoiler votes and third candidates, very little on why someone would vote GOP.

The general stupidity of their candidates and supporters seems to be getting to them (remembering that these supporters, including those on this forum, believe utterly ludicrously stupid stuff like 2000 mules and puts them off voting).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Maybe, but he is also the first former president to be... insert list of achievements so it is almost just like another day

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭gneel

You have to watch Succession. Given how much you're into American media and politics, I think you'd like it. It's incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

… but the hostage release was only part of the situation …. like Israel v Hamas today ….

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Detritus70

Ooh, stock dipped briefly below 30.

It's almost like it's just about to fall off a cliff and thousands of magats spend their last pennies buying as much as they can in order to prop up the share price.

It's stubbornly circling the drain about 30. Usually once it falls below the next 10 dollar mark, it drops fairly quickly to the next one.

"I'm not a Trump supporter, but..." is the new "I'm not a racist, but...".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,442 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You need to give Succession a watch, he's pretty good in that.

I really need to read to the end of the thread before I post, but agreed, it's a good fit for Overheal.

I've seen it said if DJT drops any lower Matt Gaetz will to **** it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Not sure what Gaetz has to do with this particular arc of the discussion? Is he a big $DJT holder? A candidate to be on Succession?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it's more about if it drops below 18, Gaetz will be more interested in it (because of the accusations and investigations about him and underage girls).

which service is that on - damn I even subscribe to HBO, alright. Still have to try and will myself to get back into the wire. Loved season 1 but thrown by the apparent change of plot in season 2, I thought we’d stick with Idris and the gang. I mostly sub to HBO for this reason right here, this man spends every precious dollar wisely and wonderfully:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Not to go too far off topic, but keep going with The Wire if you get a chance too. It's jarring at the start of Season 2 with the new setting and characters, and that happens in each season with a new aspect of the city added in, but it's so worth it. The first half of each season can feel slow because of it, but it always comes together in an incredible way. If you do get past Season 2 (which is actually my favourite but that's a minority opinion), the show starts to deal more with politics and media. Succession also incredibly worth watching.

Succession in many ways also clearly mirrors a lot of the Fox and Trump stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,278 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The other "not good thing" for Rapey McRapist about Corcoran is that he is a man that keeps copious contemporaneous notes of all his interactions.

So , he has massive amounts of details notes, provably taken on the dates stated of every single one of his interactions with Trump and team.

Those notes could do very serious damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Kalyke

I think the below was posted before. Apologies if so. But still, he needs to be repeated! My favourite is " he is a Shakespeare of sh!t"

Republicans against Trump@RpsAgainstTrumpSubscribeNate White, a British writer penned the best description of Donald Trump I’ve ever read:

“Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?”

A few things spring to mind. Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem. For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed. So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump’s limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever. I don’t say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman. But with Trump, it’s a fact. He doesn’t even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers. And scarily, he doesn’t just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It’s all surface. Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront. Well, we don’t. We see it as having no inner world, no soul. And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist. Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that. He’s not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat. He’s more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully. That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead. There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think ‘Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy’ is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don’t need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss. After all, it’s impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of ****. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid. He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart. In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish: ‘My God… what… have… I… created?' If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.”

• Registered Users Posts: 19,412 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump having a normal one last night...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Rawr

You’d wonder if the looming spectre of next week might be pushing him a little over the edge. Assuming the courts don’t give yet another baffling & undeserved break (or he somehow scores an actual bond in the next few hours), next week will see him starting a criminal trial that could see him convicted and he might also lose all his assets. All starting off in the same week.

So this weekend must be tonnes of fun for Donnie. Would love to be a fly on the wall at Mar-a-lago today to hear his desperate ranting to his “Best People”; demanding that they somehow get him off the hook.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement