Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Wars: Outlaws

Options
  • 13-06-2023 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,366 ✭✭✭✭

Initial impressions: The UI is clean and not cluttered, VERY unlike a Ubisoft game. Ill reserve judgement until the game is out for them to ruin it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

First impressions were good alright - it's great to be playing a smuggler/scoundrel type, there's decent VA work and dialogue, a cute sidekick, it's visually stunning, etc.

Ignoring that it's Ubi and they may make a mess of it entirely, my main reservations are for the space combat which looks overly simplistic, and the likelihood of part of the game being set on bloody Tatooine. Seriously, enough with Tatooine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,074 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Seriously. Yeah F*ck that place 😀.

This does look fun though but, as has been said... Ubisoft.

I'm sure the neckbeards are losing their sh*t about the protagonist being..... FEMALE!!! but it looks fun. However those graphics look suspiciously too good to be true. If it lives up to that sample it really has potential and there is definitely space (no pun intended) for an Open World Star Wars game. But ABSOLUTELY stay away from Tatooine.

One of the best things about the AWESOME Andor series was that there was no Tatooine, (Also no Lightsabers, Skywalkers, Sith or Jedi at all. It was FANTASTIC)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I thought it looked really good, I hope we'll see more gameplay soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,917 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

August 30th release date, looks brilliant, looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,101 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was expecting them to delay after all the people commenting about it being good to see a Star Wars game that doesn't revolve around jedi. I thought the delay would be them changing the reveal that she is actually a jedi.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I get the outrage over the pricing, but this is the Ubi model so I don't know what people expected. Yeah, a season pass on single player games is stupid imo, but its been like this since Odyssey (earlier?).

It looks good, but I'll wait for reviews. I'm not a massive SW fan, in fact I dislike the mainline films, and only like a few SW things (Mando, Rogue One), so I can wait to ensure its not a buggy MT driven mess.

if you have an Xbox, just buy a month of Ubi plus and you'll get access to the ultimate edition. That's what i did for avatar and prince of persia

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah but then I'd have to use the Xbox controller... so that's a no from me. As I'm not a big fan, I can wait. Probably oick it up physical and trade but will wait for reviews first.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Really really liked the look of that. Definitely on my to get list.

I'll probably just sub to ubi + for a month to play this. Handy way to play new ubi games for half the cost

Advertisement