Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

both minors and 20s were good in the second halves of either games , both looked out of shape position wise in both games first half , when adjustments were made we took over in both

i would be happy enough with last night , harry doherty looks like a star in his second year minor , a long way to go of course and looking at the other game between cork and tipperary , in terms of intensity we will have to find another gear against both

tonight we could have lost , or won comfortably by 6 points , soft enough goal conceded in the first half , poor penalty miss in the second , some very poor wides at times too , and some very questionable selection calls at the start of the game

the line got it right midway through the second half and we just about done enough , michael collins loos better nearly at this grade already then last year at minor , but the line really do need to put our best players in there best positions and build the team from there , with the likes of Evan mixtad and james orgin coming off the bench tonight and the likes of senan dunford and diarmuid stritch to come back later on in the championship .there is the makings of a strong panel to go one better n munster this year

firstly , lohan never gives anyone a straight answer so that interview could mean anything , if a fella was on crutches or wheelchair bound he would still be touch and go as far as lohan is concerned in his interviews…

dont worry about the weather , we had the lads training back in west clare all week to get acclimatised to the storm tomorrow night ,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Training in the west. Taking it serious so.

As for the original forecast I posted from earlier in the week, it's nowhere near the levels of rain forecast now. No way the game would have been played if that level of rain happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

if the game was to be called off due to weather, pitch or something…then the fixture makers find themselves in quite a pickle

Woo hoo!

A national title !

Worked out nicely, we got the win but still plenty to work on

David Mac and SOD got game time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭KIB4Life

Great day for KIB a man with a Kilmurry mother captains the team and a man with Kilmurry Father scores 2-10. All joking aside great win for Clare especially delighted for Aidan McCarthy an absolutely gentleman that has had tough periods over the last 2 or 3 years but tonight he showed his class.

so important to get the monkey off the back , since our last league final win in 2016 , we have lost 4 munster finals , 1 league final and two all ireland semi finals , we were starting to come under serious scrutiny in podcasts, print media , the sunday game ect , i know its only an 8 year period and what the media never mentions is the amount of obstacles we had to jump through to get to some of them finals or semi finals , the amount of stuff gong on behind the scenes in the county board before we finally got rid of the purple jumper and his yes men , lohan deserves great credit , the players do but the real winners tonight are the likes of deidra chaplin , deidra murphy , and kieran keeting , the work they have done in the last few years in unreal , we were in the pits only 3 or four years ago now we are one of the top counties in the country ,

the underage work that has gone on has been sensational as proven over the last few days also , we really have a springboard to jump from now heading into the championship , the monkey is off the back and we can now give munster a proper rattle without the outside noise , great night in fairness

on the game its self , maybe a few pints tonight , but some serious improvements needed for two weeks time , david fitz is well entitled to have an off night tonight , but the likes of aidan mccarthy , peter duggan , cathal malone , john conlon and at times diarmuid ryan all need to step up two gears for tomorrow week and the munster championship , the fact that we won without so many key players under performing at times is huge testament to adam hogan and conor clearys performances tonight, along with davy mc, shanagher and the outstanding shane o donnell after being introduced

not sure did the camera pick up o donnells movement off the ball but he was just everywhere , its not often you see huw lawlor getting such a run a round like he did in the first ten minutes of the second half , that was the catalyst for the win tonight , it was a league final played with plenty of league hurling mistakes at time tonight , we need to up the gears a bt for two weeks time with or without tony kelly

a great day for all us west clare supporters who have been traveling up and down the country for years supporting the county team without a hurling club to shout for , delighted for conor , as i am sure you well know one of the soundest lads you could meet too had a fantastic game tonight too to be fair to him

i like how you managed to type that post without a hint of praise for his club or parish 😂

i walked across it at the end of the game , the pitch is in super condition , after a minor game thursday night and a league game tonight it was perfect , it would have nearly passed a Noah's ark pitch inspection had it came to that , the few weeks work was worth it

• Advertisement

few interviews from tonight , adam hogan outstanding and daragh lohan, conor leen who was just as good over the campaign both look like they couldn't care less at the end , darragh lohan is his own trademark at this stage , a bit like his uncle the future is bright

great media work tonight by kilnamona's nicholas rynne .

Ah yeah no tis great makes it extra special for the west Clare people to have lads from around the West Clare area playing and having connections to the West Clare area. Ah Conor Cleary is another gent as well from whenever I have met him as you said.

Michael Collins is another star who scored 2-01 for the U20’s who has a Kilmurry father. He’s another with big links to Kilmurry. Before that we had Jonathan Clancy playing whose father is also from Kilmurry, while also Seanie McMahon and Diarmuid McMahon who have links to the Coore area which is in the eastern side of the parish.

As the saying goes an ounce of feeding is better than a tone of feeding.

If any of these lads were actually living in Kilmurry I actually highly doubt they would be playing hurling to be honest, as football is king back our area and basically a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭fire_man

Has Lohan connections in KIB too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭caddy16

Ah jaysus don't be claiming connections with Coore and ye hardly let them play the big ball from that far east!

Ah I’d be closer to that side of the parish I’d be closer to the Eastern side of the parish, ah we do let them play football, but the quantity comes from Quilty and the quality comes from Mullagh and Coore. Sure Aidan McCarthy’s father is from Coore which is half the reason why he is so good.

Not sure if Lohan has any connections to KIB. Sure I’m like Pat Spillane claiming Dublin players who had Kerry parents.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭global23214124

I'm not part of gaa club but was wondering what the easiest way to get a ticket for clare v limerick would be. I know demand will be huge. Would it be worth turning up outside cusack park and seeing if anyone is selling one?

Up the Ennis pubs on the day, I'd say. Kilmurry men only.

sorry

clare 3-5 limerick 0-9

the u17 footballers are through to the munster semi final wth a game to spare after another tough battle , tonight in ballyagran , the home side led 0-6 to 0-1 at half time with the aid of the strong wind , conor burke got our only score of the half with 2 minutes remaining

goals from clooney/quinns david cahill and a brace from kilrush's sean fennell edged clare ahead along with 2 fennell frees and abrace of points from conor burke , they play tipperary next week in quilty to confirm who tops the group

clare scorers

sean fennell 2-2 (1pen-2f)

conor burke 0-3

david cahill 1-0

Post edited by windy shepard henderson on

Poor affair last night for Clare U20 footballers.Anyone at it?

• Advertisement

It sounded grim.

Only 2 points from play, and only 5 points in total is never going to threaten a team like Kerry.

it was simply a dreadful display of pass the buck football, even with a gale force wind at our backs in the first half we had a number of lads going sideways and backwards cluless as to what to do

there are a couple of lads that will make the senior inter county set up , i felt sorry for josh moloney in particular ,who constantly made great runs up field but never got any support around him , the amount of players willing to go sideways and backwards and not willing to make the hard support runs would suggest to me that this is possibly our poorest under 20/21 team in a long long time

scored five points in the first half with a strong wind at our backs , took them 15 minutes to get into the game by which time kerry were 1-1 to no score up , kicking against the wind from any more then 25 yards out from goal was a no go , as several shots were dropping short so with the score at 0-5 to 1-2 at half time the writing was on the wall , kerry outscored us 0-11 to 0-0 in the second half , there was nothing brave about this team or its performance

Who is coaching the team?

Michael neylon, the same as last year, not his fault however, big drop in standard from last year by the looks of it

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭caddy16

Embarrassing call from the linesman in the u20 game after a shocking dive from the Cork player. Battled away in the 2nd half but the extra man was too much to overcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭supernova5

there's a long history of Clare [in all grades] being the victims of very bad officiating while playing Cork on their home soil, tonight was disgraceful and that call completely changed the whole course of the game, having that said Cork were the slicker team over all

When you go full screen it looks like two dives to me:
    https://x.com/UpDeBanner/status/1778875480449466594

Hate seeing diving creeping into the game, which is happening for ages, lads are exaggerating contact to make it look like they were challenging around the neck when they haven’t.

Retrospective bans is the only thing for the counter act the diving, especially considering it got Ronan Keane sent off.

In fairness Aaron Fitzgerald had a shocking dive there against Limerick in 2022 which got Hegarty sent off and Tony Kelly had another shocking dive against Cork late on last year.

Hate to see it there is diving and exaggerating contact all over the country in both codes and there has to be some stop put to it, as the GAA is getting as bad as soccer now. Gone are the days of Mick Lyons taken a box and not even flinching.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭supernova5

as would be typical I suspect the gaa will turn a blind eye to this [just like the steps/overcarrying and hand throwing] or at best have officials police it selectively [if and when it suits] players will go to any extreme to find some kind of advantage and perhaps its coached into them to a greater or lesser degree.

cynicism and foul means have been part of our game for a long time and its my belief the gaa top brass don't have the moral fibre to seriously deal or even minimise the blight its causing our games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Glenomra

I hope that Cork's play-acting [again];last night will quell some of Clare supporters' desire to see Cork back at the top table. Give me Limerick any time in preference to Cork ….. and Tipp.

Advertisement