Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭joe1303l

If both eTron SUV and the Cupra can both ferry the dogs, would you not just use one of them for dog duties and swap the other for a car you really want ? I’d hate to ruin 2 cars with wet dogs. It surely wouldn’t be big money to swap from your e-Tron SUV to a used GT or Taycan ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,706 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

The boots are well covered with washable covers so it's working ok.

Part of the problem is that I have the dogs in the car every single day so I'd never use the GT. I now appreciate the U for utility or A for activity in SUV /SAV.

I got prices for my dad to sell Etron in Jan and Feb this year the absolute max I was offered was 40k, loads of places didn't want it at all so that's what I paid him for it, and I think the market for selling an EV has got worse since. There's only 12k KMs on it too. The cupra I'd only get 20k for it. That has 32k KMs on it.

Had a look after my earlier post, to move to a low mileage 22 GT would be 30k at least. The 21 ones have 70 and 80k kms on them, not a worry in itself but going back a year, up in KMs and to something less practical just has its drawbacks. And I'd be giving away the good deal I got on the Etron.

I have dogs, that means I probably can't have the car I want and the clean tidy house with cushions not destroyed but they're the choices I made.

Fair point, €40K is frightening in terms of a trade value for such a fresh e-Tron. No wonder e-Tron GT’s and Taycans are struggling now also.

I had a lucky break with the Etron, I know that so hard to give it up. The EV sceptical missus now loves the Cupra too and would kill me if I sold either and spent 30, 40, 50k on something. We've way more value of metal and batteries outside than I've ever had or she is even comfortable with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭User1998

Didn’t realise the mileage was so low on your Etron. What year is it again?

• Advertisement

It's a 222 reg. July 22

Owned and disliked by my retired father until Feb this year. I've put 2000 kms on it in a month

Nice. Yeah I remember you explaining the whole story behind it. Did you ever get around to putting a black pack on it? I remember you saying you wanted to black out all the chrome bits. I’ve seen a few Teknik models on Autotrader that have been blacked out and they look great. I wouldn’t mind trying one out after I sell my Tesla, but the range is quite a bit less than my car and the 55 model is quite rare/expensive.

No I haven't done anything to it yet. At some stage I'll black it out and get new wheels when it needs a set of tyres. They can be made to look great. Black trim on its own without the wheel upgrade might not have a huge effect. It's probably a big enough job as there's a lot of silver trim on the entire grille. When I did it on the A6 I was delighted with the results but that was only window surrounds and the grille surrounds.

It's a sport and not S Line so it's middle of the range I think. Don't know what it offers over an advance/technik. Was a stock car so wasn't personally specced.

A 50 would do me fine but going backwards to lower range probably not something many existing EV owners would do.

Big drop from a Tesla, the Tesla is a better EV but etron would be plusher. Depends what you want really.

Yeah, I probably wouldn’t mind it during Summer but I’d say it would annoy me a bit in Winter. I do like SUV’s but I hate diesel and I’m all for EV’s now so Etron would suit. Do you reckon the full grill can be wrapped? I’ve never got a car de chromed before.

I reckon I’d be happy with a Teknik 55 with a full dechrome and upgraded wheels, but I’d have to check the exact specs. Usually everything is extra on Audis.

There's way more work in wrapping the interior of the grille than the outside of windows and outside of grille. I haven't even enquired yet. One of these notions when you get a car but then get used to it after a while

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,974 ✭✭✭dodzy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,021 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

spraying a plastic grill? Not sure about that personally, really the only way to do the grill is buy the correct part imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Sat in my mates GT the other week f**k me its low to the ground and compact inside. His golf bag wouldn't fit in the boot and had it on the back seats.

He also has a lovely scratch on the pax back door thanks to the missisas he says she uses it like a bumper car, If i was to get one i would like to hold onto the E tron i have for transporting the 2 monster dogs we have. Last week my mate went to buy a new TV obviously wouldnt fit in the GT so he ordered a 8 seatse taxi to bring him and the TV home.

Yes, they’re remarkably tight inside for a car that’s decidedly long and wide on the outside. I’m sure most owners would have access to a second car in a household for collecting TV’s etc. though. I think I could forgive such shortcomings given it’s one of the very few stylish EV’s on the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

They were a 2 car family but with him and the missis working from home and the odd day in the offiice they ditched her car.

Defo having a GT you would want another decent sized car, After i get sent down in October i will start looking around for another car. Missis works from home all the time so trying to convince her to get rid of her ice Skoda be another thing.

Theres cameras and sensors and all sorts going on in the grille too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Is anyone else sick of paying the €50 a month or so for the full Matrix experience, auto High Beams isn't even standard on my 2020 Etron, something that my wifes new ID4 has, and the Q4 I'm currently driving while my Etron is in for repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

I'd rather not either, but for want of enjoying all the features.

• Advertisement

When you quote it as 50 a month shows how overpriced it is.

Gym membership 46, broadband 39 are 2 subscriptions I have to compare value. I have IPTV I won't even pay for a tv sub in full.

50 for lights where I live and the roads I drive on, not a hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭blingrhino

I Think they were advertising that for €163000 last october !

It's called red in the colour field on DD. Strange description but I can kinda see where they're coming from.....just

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-e-tron-gt-audi-e-tron-gt-quattro/36622818

First one below 60k in my post above, they've knocked a few K off that since I looked last it obviously had no bites. I do think it will go very soon though.

Shows how much everything needs to drop

Couldn't comment on my link for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Kkerr

Hi All,

I got a 2023 E Tron 55, Sportback. Not cheap but a very good looking car, and comfortable, smooth and an overall nice place to be.

I went in with my eyes open regarding range and am averaging 2.3 m/kw, so about 300-350km total range, which is ok and what I expected. I rarely if ever do long journeys, most of my driving is around town or a 20km commute. I have a home charger and one available at work too so no real range anxiety.

My question is just on best practices for charging and battery and range management. I understand that I should keep between 30-80% charge.

Should I charge as infrequently as possible, i.e. leave it drop to 30% and charge to 80% each time, or is there anything wrong with charging frequently by adding 10% every now and then when it suits me?

Most of my charging is on night rates. Is charging more efficient when done in warmer temperatures or does it matter?

Should I time charge straight after a drive or just before a drive, i.e. when the battery might be warmer when it starts to charge or when I start to drive, or does it matter?

I have seen information on pre-conditioning, which I gather is just getting the AC up to temperature before starting the car, and this can be done in the MyAudi app. Does this have much benefit or is it just something to do on cold mornings rather than every journey?

Lastly, silly question but its my first EV. I can schedule the charger with my Wallbox app or use the MyAudi app to set a target. The target is currently set at 80%. Does this mean that it will automatically stop at 80% in the middle of the night even though the charging is still plugged in? If so, does leaving a charger plugged in (but not charging) have any negative impact on the battery or electricity charges etc?

Sorry for all the questions, and I appreciate any other advice. Thanks!

honestly if you are driving it regularly don't worry about the 30 - 80 Crack I have the same car it's in use daily i charge it once a week to 100 normally or twice a week if we are traveling further. It's only bad for the battery to be at 100 for a prolonged period also the etron has a big battery buffer. For ac charging you don't need to worry about the temp etc that's a DC charging thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Have any of you ever got the attached m

essage on the app when trying to access climate control. This has never worked for me.

Tks

Yep has happend to me sometimes the app crashes and you get that message.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Madness paying that!

If people stopped paying it, the “premium” “legacy” brands might scrap this subscription model.

Advertisement