Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which wireless door bell camera

Options
  • 13-04-2024 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭

Does anyone use a wireless door bell?

I would like to use one as a disabled person to keep in contact with someone if I am alone and need help. Something easy enough to ring if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Everyone will have their favourite doorbell. I use Google nest doorbell. You can get notifications on your phone and watch the video there too. You can talk to whoever is at the door from your phone.

I can't say if it's better or worse than other brands because I have only ever used the Google one. I can say that I'm very happy with it and have no complaints about it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Thanks very much. The idea is for me to have a way to contact my OH in the event of her being outside or on a school run

Would you need a doorbell for this? Would a simple phone call or video call from your phone suit?

I have motor neurone disease and unfortunately have very limited use of my hands and arms.

I can't use a phone so I was thinking of a door bell or something like a Neo camera

I think doorbell cameras are only suitable for communicating with someone who is at the door.

I have a pretty smart home but still plenty I don't know about. I would be surprised if there wasn't a display that would work with a phone. Phones now you don't need to hold. Tell Google to phone my sexy wife and the call is made. I would have thought that a Google display or alexa could be used as a screen & or speaker for the phone call.

Hopefully someone with better knowledge than me comes on with advice

• Advertisement

Thanks you have the right idea. I just need to find something that works

Came across this last night. It's worth a read

Also there is a home automation forum. I'm betting you will get what you need there

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/14113295?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid#:~:text=Calls%20are%20available%20on%20the,Audio%2C%20Google%20Nest%20Wifi%20point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

I got a Eufy wireless one about a year ago and I've mixed feeling about it. The original one was grand for about 10 months, then started to chime randomly. Phantom chimes. It might have been water ingress, I don't know. Anyway I contacted Eufy and they send a new one, but that was faulty and wouldn't setup properly, so they send another one. That was grand for about 5 months but yesterday I got a few phantom chimes. It was very windy, so I don't know if that was the cause, plus we've had a lot of rain recently. I unclipped it from its holder, noticed it had a small bit of moisture on the back outside of its casing, dried it, and left it in the house for a few hours. I installed it back in its holder last night and it's been okay so far, but I'm not sure if I'd recommend them to be honest. Apart from that they are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭drury..

Generally you're looking for wired, high quality equipment , professionally installed here

Cheap equipment,damp and batteries are not a great combination with this stuff

You'll be back before long with issues

Advertisement