Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

General Premier League Thread 2023-24 Mod Note in op 27/6/23 And 21/05/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Spurs absolutely brainfarted there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

i was waiting on a var check for the 1st goal, and then its 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Dan Burn very lucky to not have been booked...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I use a glass house for mine. It's great crack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Van De Ven has had an absolute mare

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Inside his own half, 3-0, Isak again.

Spurs all over the place and they could conceed a fair few more, a shambles defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

For a lad whose been so good it's a nightmare. I feel for him. Ange should take him off I think, to save him from it getting worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Each of Arsenal, Liverpool & Man City playing Spurs in the title run-in and also hoping that they take points off of their title chasing rivals will be both buoyed by that result but also disheartened. Newcastle can barely name a fit senior 11 and beat Spurs comfortably.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Newcastle should be 4 or 5 up. Ripping Spurs apart when they actually get a few passes going.

Actually, there's the 4th. Schar header from a corrner - Spurs from crosses have looked so poor.

• Advertisement

Wow, this is as typical as a Spurs performance at the end of the season as you'd expect. Maybe just a once off..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well that's one way to get around the rules. Next they'll sell the seats in Stamford bridge for £100m to Bohleys company 😂

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Supposedly they're counting that hotel sale but PL rules don't let them so I guess we will see how it pans out. Not that it matters but it definitely won't for UEFA FFP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,164 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

It really is all or nothing with Ange.

Newcastle squad in absolute shambles but that was a cake walk.

Haaland's volley was literally in the direction of the corner flag but it hits the defenders head and goes in.

Chelsea really try everything to skirt around the rules don't they. Hopefully they get called out on that as it's blatant that they are selling to themselves to get around PSR rules. This isn't selling old land to a development company or housing scheme etc.

Solanke with a very nicely taken goal for the lead. Kambwala all over the place.

Garnacho doing well for Uniteds equaliser.

Bournemouth just walking the ball into the United box - totally unchallenged, 2-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Man United should be grateful they're just 2-1 down at half-time. Only bottom of the table Sheffield United have conceded more shots than Man United this season.

It could have been 3 or 4 for Bournemouth. Onana with a couple of good saves and Utd very lucky that it was a defender (Kerkez) for that header on the crossbar instead of, say, Solanke.

I'm conscious that some of the Utd players aren't always fit for purpose, but my god, the setup is baffling. The lines are so far apart, there are spaces everywhere. There are glimpses of the good technique there is in the team, but glimpses is all it is. Even assuming limited resources, I would expect Ten Haag to try something different. Not very likely that you will get vastly different results when trying the same thing over and over.

Bruno scores the pen - what is handball varies from game to game.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

Shocking decision to give a penalty for that.

The worst refs in the world strike again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Man United level from a penalty. So needlessly given away. They should have closed down Mainoo, but it was a nothing shot, that was going wide, deflected off Christie onto Smith's arm who is adjudged to have moved his arm towards the ball. So Bournemouth who should have been 3 ahead, find themselves level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

All Smity was doing was turning to match the changing direction of the ball. It’s more like a penalty you’d see given by a ref in the Champions League.

Smith should have claimed he was falling. Apparently you're allowed to move your hand to the ball and dribble it basketball style if you are falling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Good to referee booking the Bournemouth player for a dive there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,259 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

howard needs to clarify the handball rules cos they seem to change 3 times a week

• Advertisement

Hard to know whether this is inside or outside the box.

The on field decision was penalty and it's VAR's job to prove that it's not a penalty, otherwise stays as a penalty.

Edit: and that it does

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

No foul, until he entered the box, and he dragged him to the ground, the tackle wasn't the foul ffs

The foul looked like it was just inside the box, definitely on the line.

They can feel disappointed to not win that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Manchester clubs, they get easy penalties from officials, and then officials do their best to make sure they don't concede one. He was 2 foot in side the box, the tackle made no contact with ball or man, the man tried to stay on his feet, to push on into the box,even riding the initial grab, until the full weight of the grab finally brought him down.. which is the foul, the player had a right to push on into the box, to try stay upright, it was only when he was going past the United player that the United player went full on to foul him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The United pen is a shocker, but the VAR overturn for the Bournemouth one is correct IMO. You can make an argument that contact continues inside, but I feel that making such a claim is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Still not sure how VAR proved it was a “clear and obvious error”

No one could tell from the replay so the on field decision should stand surely?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Foul is outside the box. Just outside mind so right decision there. Shame about the nonsense for the United penalty though. Short of amputating his own arm I fail to see how the defender can avoid it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The most irritating thing is that once a referee gives a decision, the absolute gymnastics that begin in terms of trying to justify why it was actually the correct decision.

Looks like Garnacho isn't happy with ETH tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

• Advertisement

I presume this is his real account? It looks like it is.

The account that screenshotted it is genuine, unless Garnacho account is already deleted

I saw it originally on r/reddevils so assumed it was real. Just went for a snoop and I think this is the account. It wasn't showing up in a search but clicking an @ brought me to it.

https://x.com/agarnacho7?t=gCQHxS5px3cxV0V3B1A6qg&s=09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Just look for the blue tick guys….That's how easy it is???!!

Isnt it!!??😛

Ah yes found it that way. All the random blue tick fan pages had shown up originally.

I presumed he was injured when I saw that he was taken off at ht. He as good as assisted the first goal, didn't think he played bad enough to be taken off.

One of the oddities of the scheduling is that Liverpool will play 5 games before Spurs play another game.

Palace, Fulham, Everton and Wham. Who is the 5th?

(If you are including Europe, it is a bit of a swizz)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Only a handful of clubs, if even more than one or 2, get that decision for the Utd penalty. We have to be honest with ourselves here.

If it was the other way around, there is no way in hell Bournemouth are getting the same decision.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement