Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,765 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

2-0 now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

typical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Now it's really the hope that'll get ya

Don't fall for it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Villa only 8 points behind us if they hold out. Id fancy them to claw that in more than us chasing down the 2 points to City before the season is out if I'm honest 🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,546 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We're off the hook, game on !!!!!!!!

Liverpool can still win the title. Need to win next week and pile pressure on City who don't play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Ugh...such a missed opportunity. Bleugh.....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Reeling in that goal difference today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Ffs another city title incoming. Infuriating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

That Watkins lad knows where the goal is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

It would be an amazingly entertaining run in if they'd sorted those 115 charges and it was just us and Arsenal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

So for all the talk about how well Arsenal are playing and how defensively good they have been the minute they go top they shite the bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Couldn't watch live, and had planned to watch later - but then ended up catching the score. Don't think I can bring myself to do it now. Sounds like it was just a shïtshow right across the field though.

Gutting to see Arsenal dropping points… though I'm not sure it really matters for the title as far as we're concerned. Kinda think with City having gotten their noses ahead of us, it's always going to be very hard to get back ahead of them.

It's not gone, but it's now a long shot, with City - as they always have been - huge favourites.

Why say that? Win next week and we're top, City don't play, they then need to go to Brighton the following week.

I BELIEVE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Who'd have thunk our goal difference against Arsenal might actually improve today (after the fiasco earlier)?

Might as well just put the asterisk on the trophy now and be done with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,145 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

We'll likely be second if we win next week, Arsenal play Wolves a day before and are still ahead of us on goal difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭mormank

Today was the first day in years I didn't bother doing it to myself. Ye can call me arrogant or a bad fan whatever ye want but I've said all along we wouldn't win it and after only getting about 4 hours sleep last night I just didn't bother getting up to watch when my alarm went off this afternoon and slept through it.

Come on, ye are all Liverpool fans long enough to know we don't get to win leagues unless there is something happening globally that will completely wreck the experience for us. I know we have been terrible for quite a while now but I just can't look past the refs basically taking this league off us like they so many times in the past.

I have literally never in my life got to go to Liverpool for a league win parade, it's the one thing I have been looking forward to my entire life and it was ripped away from in 2020 and now with Klopp leaving I'll probably never get to experience it my lifetime now the way things are going…

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Hate to say it but City will win it. Much easier run in than Arsenal or Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Palace scored within 14 minutes, and could've scored earlier. Arsenal scored after 4, Bournemouth after 3. Even Leicester managed to put one past us after 3 minutes. You've got Luton at home, Wolves away and LASK away to score against us before 15 minutes have even passed in the game.

Once that happens, the pressure is on, and that takes its toll. This goes back to last season, so its not even a new issue we have. The fact it's still happening is very concerning and I'm surprised its not a bigger talking point, like it was last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It'd be a normal run-in - the likes of which we saw most seasons up to about 2018.

But that doesn't exist in Pep's 115ers era.

Mad results are supposed to happen. You're supposed to have days or a couple of days where you bottle it a little, then sort yourself out for another day. But you simply can't with this City team.

It's why I can't take advice seriously from the likes of Neville, Keane, Alan Smith, Merson or whoever about how to get through a run-in. Their teams were allowed to occasionally lose at this point in the season. They actually know fúck all when it comes to how to do a run-in with this iteration of City. It's utterly different to their era. It's exhausting. They'd all look like a load of bottlers trying to keep up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

Im not sure if that arsenal result makes me feel better or worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Well ted, didn't see that coming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Be careful with your optimism now lads. We’re third so relying on both teams slipping up. We’ve been unbelievably bad recently, septic. So we’re in by far the worst form of the three. Also we have Villa away, they looked a serious outfit today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

They will all be doting on City at the end of the season because Sky and Premier League will tell them to.

Arsenal and Liverpool both went full Arsenal today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,431 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It'd be interesting to see exactly how many points were dropped in the last 10 games before the 115ers arrived on the scene. Nowadays it feels like you can drop 2 points max which is ridiculous.

I still think City will drop points. However I think we will drop more too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I think away from home might a good for this team at the moment, see what next week brings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,107 ✭✭✭mada999

If VAR did it's job properly when we played against Arsenal and City, the 2 peno decisions we'd have had enough to points to be able to drop… City will win all their games until they have the league won now… prob field weakened teams when they playing in the CL final…

or full Liverpool we have bottled a few ourselves

Pints of lager when they are celebrating maybe

Well that too is related to our misfiring strikers. Take the Atalanta game on thursday as an example. If Darwin takes the right option and scores his chance at 0-0 then it becomes impossible for us to concede the first goal and as this has been happening all season, us missing easy chances to score, then it becomes far more likely you concede the first goal.

4 of the next 5 City games are away from home, Brighton A, Forest A, Wolves H, Fulham A, Spurs A

Now I know we face similar, but the point is there is still room for a couple of twists yet. If we won them all from here, we'd win the league, as will anyone else who did the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Toby we just got beat at home by palace, our next 3 games are away. It's over

Both horrendous decisions and against our title rivals so very harmful but for me the most egregious decision was the Spurs one. At least for the Odegaard handball and the Doku flying chest kick you could argue were subjective decisions that the refs "saw differently" or whatever to the rest of the world but for the Spurs goals there was no decision to be made other than "should we give Liverpool the perfectly legitimate goal that they scored or not" which is simply not a decision the reffing team gets to make but they made it that day.

Tbh for me the legitimacy of the entire season has been in question since that day. It is a completely unprecedented situation. The only thing that comes close is that goal that wasn't given to Sheffield Utd I think it was due to technology failure of the goal line tech but even for that one, which was outrageous itself as everyone could see with their own 2 eyes that the ball was miles over the line they trusted the tech and got it wrong, they have the tech as an excuse or whatever. But against Spurs we scored a perfectly legitimate goal that the reffing team were aware that we scored but chose to not give us that goal. That is utter madness and those guys still have a job the next week!!!

The refs chose to not give us a perfectly legitimate goal in a tight game and quite probably cost us points in a title race that we know from experience can easily come down to 1 point. That is so crazy when you think about it. And it never evens get mentioned like it never happened. I don't think you could ever point to a worse ref decision than that one. It's black and white. It's not even a decision per se, nothing to think about. I still can't get over that, it's so insane to me

• Advertisement

nobody to blame but ourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭facehugger99

The bottlejobs talk is tiresome.

All i.saw today was a group of players who'd given everything and had nothing left in the tank.

TBH they never should have been there but they got themselves in contention in mid April.

Incredible stuff.

City will win.

They've cheated, but they'll win.

It's a hollow victory though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

This. If I could thank it 97 times, I would.

I'd no expectations going into the season and hoped for a top 4 and a good run in the Europa. Having a cup in the bag and being at the business end of 2 competitions in April has been incredible. It's a shame that we might just finish with one cup and call the season a letdown, but the only real letdown is Klopps departure. It has been a fun run. Let's try and take second and be proud of where we have come from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

How have they cheated? If your taking about the charges they only go up to 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,901 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Had they not cheated do you think they'd be where they are? Surely that's not difficult to understand?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Be more worried about Villa catching us than it being a good thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Only a troll or an idiot would pose the question.

I'd be wasting my time responding to either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Augme

There some truth in it. They players still had plenty left in the tank to get into positions to score or positions that open up Palace but they consistently made extremely poor decisions when it came to the crunch. Saying the pressure has no nothing to do with their complete capitulation as soon as they've gotten to the busy end of the season is very generous.

However, I also think it is important to recognise that most of the players who have been available for the last few weeks are young and/or simply don't have the experience of playing in seriously high pressure situations.

On that note too, I really can't say how utterly disappointed I've been with Salah the last few weeks. He should he the one leading by example and driving this team forward, instead he's been the complete opposite and looked as if he hasn't even given a toss.

They're still cheating, wining and dining officials in middle east, same old story,'' it's all above board, they come, we pay, yes a years salary, but it's all there in black and white''. Same as their sponsors, they invest 40 million, then some where in the desert in the middle east, the same sponsor gets back a briefcase with the 40m back.

Man City, who can barely fill a stadium, the highest revenue generating football club in world football, YEA RIGHT

LOL 🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂

Before FFP Madrid and Barcelona were at it for years bankrolled by the Spanish government

• Advertisement
Advertisement