Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran has come out of the shadows and attacked Israel directly. **Read OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭combat14

you must have missed the constant death to israel, death to america chants from iran memo the last 40 odd years

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Let's hope that either side's response is carefully balanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

What's your prognosis for Iran? Ireland? England? Before or after Israel fail? Based on what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

More and more noises about an attack tonight. Israeli TV saying the attack is imminent. Doesn't look like Bibi gives a hoot about Biden asking him to pause and consider

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭brickster69

George Galloway in parliament today and then they all laugh at him when he finishes.

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭taratee

An IDF spokesman will give a statement tonight at 9:00 PM local time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Live now sky news.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Nothing definite yet

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭taratee

Would think that Israel will hit Iranian military sites and probably their nuclear infrastructure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

So an opinion piece is the evidence. I will take the word of US Intelligence ,who have stated they haven't seen any evidence to confirm Iran was involved in the planning of October 7th. If Iran was centrally involved in the planning of it and the organising of it, the American and Israeli intelligence services would have established a direct a link to the attack and shared it with the world. The planning and training for the attack was done in Gaza. If Iran was involved the Hamas operatives who took apart in the attacks would have gone to Iran for training.

I have no doubt Iran approved of the attack, but they would know direct involvement would mean bombs falling on Tehran within days of the attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

Looks inevitable now after that press conference. Only question is will it be nuclear sites or drone making facilities etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 82,408 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

well one thing is for certain they aren’t seeking to avenge that Palestinian girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,760 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Was there word of peace talks and releasing hostages today or is that all forgotten about now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,406 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

That is one of the after effects of Iran's attack. The issue in Gaza has gone to the back burner, for now at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Yes it was the consulate my mistake there. I would agree the people killed were not angels, but it still sets a dangerous precedent. I mean would Ukranian intelligence be justified in carrying out an attack on a Russian consulate building in europe on the basis some FSB involved in the occupation of Ukraine were present there. What if someone now decides to attack an Israeli consulate building on the basis of pre emptive self defense? Is that now justifiable, or do we just decide on a whim which are permissable. I am sure the British would have loved to attack the consulate building of some of their enemies during the 70s and 80 but didn't because they were seen as off limits under international law.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

You have loads of freaks and goons from all over Israel travelling to block humanitarian assistance from reaching starving children. Horrific and abominable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭kravmaga

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

It's strange to be Israel: You violate a mountain
    of UN resolutions, condemn the UN at every
    turn, bomb UN schools & shelters, murder UN
    employees, & then you demand a UN meeting
    over another country responding to your
    bombing of their consulate.

The hypocrisy is mind blowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Think of that bully kid at school who when stood up to played the victim or ran to their brother to tell.

That's Israel. Literally the whingiest **** stirring nation on the planet. It's quite a sight to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,817 ✭✭✭SeanW

Well, the Iranians have proven that they actually mean it when they say "Death to Israel."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 82,408 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

how, by using hundreds of drones and ballistic missiles to kill one Palestinian girl?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,407 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Wonder will Israel overreact and cause more problems

Also interested if Saudi Arabia will give permission for the IDF to use their territory for aircraft to fly through to hit Iran.

All Eyes On Rafah

Maybe by supporting other terrorists (Hamas, Hezbollah etc) that are determined to kill Israelis? If you say "Death to Israel" and you materially support Israel's mortal enemies, it's kind of reasonable to assume that you're serious about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭batman75

We will probably never know the true damage caused by the Iranian firepower the other night. I don't believe the narrative being put forward by Israel and the US. Defending the Iranian attack is believed to have cost Israel 1.2 billion.

The sense of deterrence is gone for Israel. They also haven't achieved their aims in Gaza. Israel striking Iran would also be foolish. The Iranian strike was one prompted by Israel's attack on the consulate in Damascus so Iran had justification. Netanyahu calculated that he could rope the US into a war with Iran by provoking Iran via the attack on the consulate. Netanyahu knew Iran would have to respond to placate their own people. The Iranian attack was very clever. It was not designed to cause mass damage merely to show a preparedness to follow words with actions and bleed Israel dry financially.

Netanyahu is in a right pickle now. Gaza wasn't the walk over they expected. They can't defeat Hezbollah in Lebanon who have serious fire power. They can't risk retaliating against Iran especially as the US is urging them not too. If he doesn't initiate a serious response against Iran he looks weak to his people and the hawks in his government.

Netanyahu risks the very existence of Israel should he engage in conflict escalation. As desperate as he is to cling to power it would be the worst possible legacy to undue the past 75 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭engineerws

I listened to the Iranian at the UN and he seemed very reasonable and the Iranians I knew too were lovely.

You seem to have something against Iran and your portrayal of Iranian's as a bloodthirsty mob is off putting. Not sure what point you are trying to make. I don't share your bigotry towards Iran so maybe just best to agree to disagree.

Anyway, fingers crossed things won't go nuclear and war will be avoided. Hopefully we can agree on that☮️

My problem is with Iran's government. They support terrorists around the region and the world - including Russia and it's genocidal war of aggression in Ukraine. I believe them when they and their supporters say stuff like "Death to Israel" and "Death to America." They're not just words, as one poster previously suggested, they are words very much manifest in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭engineerws

To me, the USA, UK and Israel appear to be the terrorists in the region. They support various dictators in the region such as the Saudi's until they decide not to support them. Iran rebelled against the USA and has been hated ever since. I don't really know that much about terrorist organisations in the middle east, but Israel seems to be the worst terrorist grouping. As well as countless atrocities committed by them they even supported Hamas.

I've nothing to add, I just came here to figure out whether Iran had actually warned Israel and didn't expect this level of bigotry towards Iran from you and have no interest in responding further.

I suggest you set up an I hate Iran thread where you can talk to yourself or whoever else about how much you hate Iran. No need to spew your hatred in my direction again. I'm not even Iranian.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,180 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I listened as well and I cannot believe there are people out there who thinks he was not correct in what he said

Advertisement