Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw Superthread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,678 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Sheamus returns tonight, while Sami defends his IC titie against Chad Gable

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Apparently Rhea Ripley is legit injured after last week, may need to vacate the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,201 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Sounds like concussion type situation that's an absolute nightmare scenario

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

That is cruel and with Becky taking time off, likely to Liv not worthy imho, I'd even take Nia before, could she do a Seth or Roman, heal with the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,324 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Are they implying the chair from Liv did it? I know when I saw that, it looked like the attack went wrong. Like maybe Liv caught it on a door frame and it slipped from her hands.

But I think she should be able to hold the title unless she has to take an unknown amount of time off. After the likes of Roman and Brock, they can't really say anything about someone not defending they title for more than a month.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

If Rhea is injured and has to drop the title then they should bring over Tiffany Stratton from Smackdown and strap a rocket to her. She's ready already imo. Liv however could carve out an interesting role from this, the female Drew McIntyre potentially. She isn't strong enough of a character to run with the belt yet though.

I feel too soon for Tiffany or Jade for a world's singles title, both still green in the ring imho, although I see Tiffany as a MITB winner leading contender

Well Becky is on the European tour coming up so might not be stepping away yet

• Advertisement

To show how memorable Liv's last title run was, I thought it was only a month at most. Turns out it was over 3 months.

I've said before, she tries to have an "extreme" character but it's just not believable.

Yea never really saw anything in liv personally character wise

Rhea will be back stronger and more over as a face, shame to vacate though, tough blow

How will TJD faction do without mami Rhea, she was the leader imho and likely new world champ Priest will turn face and leave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Sheamus looking a bit chunky on his return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,982 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Just about to say that

Still in ok nick but not a patch on what he was only a few months ago

• Advertisement

HHH is Tommaso Ciampa 😆

Original theme back though so we'll forgive him😂

I think you need to watch a bit more Tiffi Time Liz. Green in the ring she is not.

I find her moonsault sloppy, sometimes she barely connects and seems nervous up top rope too but given how she only has been at it as a newbie, she will improve, maybe green was the wrong word, she is a future Raw or SD world champ for sure

Wonder no more, very predictable, I'm guessing bye bye Alpha Academy but a good match between Chad and Sami

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,119 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

The Queen of Extreme was Francine back in the original ECW days. Don't recall Lita ever having that moniker though she was aligned with the Hardys and iirc they were known as Team Extreme.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Great way to end the show. Good to see WWE have a storyline going where Mania was part of the journey for a rivalry developing rather than the end point. They had Cody's story at Mania, had Drews ro a certain extent so no need for Chad to have his as well.

Moving Sami into that Mania spot with Montreal show post Mania makes so much sense now. Well done to them.

I love Gable and I love Liv, so seeing both turn heel is heartbreaking 😂

Gable has deserved more attention for ages, and I feel this heel turn could be massive for him. Let him just wrestle the hell out of people and throw them round with suplexes please.

That's probably what I was thinking

Does anyone know how long Rhea will be out, is surgery needed? Online suggest she is also getting married

Hopefully it ends up with Gable holding the IC Title and Sami transitioning into the World Title scene. A word on Sami's entrance though, that cut from Jey to Sami going through the crowd was absolute cinema!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭brick tamland

The way they shot Jay leaving the Arena and Sami entering was brilliant. Love the new camerawork

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

An injury to Rhea was a good chance to introduce interim championships.

An interim title holder which would naturally lead to a match with Rhea when she is back. The WWE have had many champions that did not defend often, and others that were after thoughts, so they had no pressing need to vacate.

Tag champs swapping in the draft and that's why they introduced the non coloured belts? Though they now match the men and women's singles titles.

The Smackdown champion has had more time in front of the Raw crowd as champ than the Raw champion.

Liv is definitely going to be seen as the heel now. Apart from Rhea being injured, this whole revenge tour thing just reminds me of Frankie Kazarian's Elite Hunter phase.

While Sheamus looks like he's a bit out of shape, Nia seems to have lost weight. Or maybe it was just what she was wearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ThePott

Have to say, Raw feels can't miss these days. Every week it seems like something big happens. This was great too.

Rhea vacating is a shame, not a fan of interim titles in wrestling so glad they didn't do that. Just have her be first challenger on her return. Glad Sheamus is back and that newer talents are getting some shine (Bronson, DIY and others are all looking good).

Not sure I love the new tag titles, I don't like the belts all looking so similiar tbh.

Surprised they're crowning a new women's champ so soon, figured they'd say it till Backlash or something.

Yeah once that match was in Sami's hometown the writing was on the wall. Still think it's the right call and totally works if expected.

Alpha Academy isn’t long for this world, I reckon.

• Advertisement

Chad Gable new faction with The Creed Bros could be very good

It's tough seeing this. Hopefully he can get back into tremendous shape soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭Sirsok

This is the actual photo.

Wouldn’t mind been that 'out of shape '

Still a bit sad to see him lose some 'muscle' and hopefully he will get back into that shape

Sad thing about these 'AI/fake photos' is those 'fat ****' creating them would never be in such great shape

Post edited by PTH2009 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

Pretty sure that before photo of Sheamus has been altered as well. Just look at his wrist in relation to his elbow/upper arm...I don't recall him ever looking like an action figure.

I thought he looked fine and strong as f*ck lifting Ivar like a cruiserweight. Glad he's injury free.

They said on Raw he'd had neck issues which kept him out since August. I'm just glad he could get back in the ring tbh. 17 years with WWE now, some going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Officer999

The Sami entrance had a real UFC vibe walking through the crowd like that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the TKO influence had something to do with that.

• Advertisement

Who is getting Rhea's vacated title tonight plus Gunther is back

Awesome Truth will defend their tag titles against DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Probably Liv Morgan to mimic her previously memorable title reign 😑 unless they have a surprise entrant from smackdown like Bianca

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Championship number 7 for Becky. She's a safe pair of hands in the absence of Rhea. I guess she's not taking time off any time soon.

I'd say Becky will put over Liv, giving her the title eventually, build up heel Liv

With Rhea out I think Becky had to cancel her time off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not the biggest fan of battle royales for world championships. That being said Becky was the obvious (but correct) option. Actually made me realise the lack of believable challengers for Rhea on Raw, so the draft is definitely needed for a shake-up.

Some good stuff aside from that. Tease of a Ciampa turn. Gable keeping the Alpha Academy 'hostage' is definitely an interesting approach. Drew/Sheamus dynamic is interesting. Ludwig turning on Vinci looked awesome, Vinci always felt like dead weight to me and Ludwig has serious potential. Tension in the Judgement Day could be pretty good too.

This felt like a lot more set-up than pay-off as a Raw but still thought it was good and if nothing else teased some stuff that could be worthwhile.

Hope they do the Sami/Bronson Reed match at Backlash as the whole Sami/French connection thing seems like a good dynamic for an underdog match.

The tension in the Judgement Day is good but they're going to have to give them a few wins now and then to not make them look like goofs. They've lost a lot of aura with Rhea on the shelf. Thought the promo between Jey and Priest was poor enough till Jey saved it towards the end.

Like how they're building up King of the Ring this year. Big names like Gunther and Drew (and Xavier defending his crown to a degree) give it a proper feel. Would like if they gave the winner a world title match like they used to back in the day. Could segue into Gunther challenging Cody for example.

Chelsea Green has come a long way from her two seconds redebut in the Rumble two years ago. She's not just there yet but I wouldn't totally be against her having the MITB briefcase (though I feel this year's one is definitely Tiffany Stratton's). Becky winning the belt gave a great moment, Liv continues to unimpress me in the ring but character wise at least has some direction now, herself and Nia will be good foils for Becky while Rhea is on the shelf.

Sheamus and Shinsuke was a banger. The Drew stuff continues to be intriguing, he's top class at the one liners.

The Kaiser turning on Vinci was well done, not sure they needed to have Gable dress down his stable members AND Ciampa teasing a turn on the same show though.

R-Truth and Miz won't have the tag titles for long is my prediction, and that's fine. Truth got his moment but there's a good few teams that are also deserving of a run.

A decent Raw but not quite as good as the recent shows. It also somewhat felt like (Becky's win aside) the feuds are in a holding pattern until after the draft as is standard and it kind of gets a bit stale. Hopefully Cody does more than kiss a few babies on Smackdown now he has a challenger too.

• Advertisement

Seth is on the shelf so she has to be the bread winner!

Becky is the safest choice instead of giving it to someone who may not be ready. Liv did nothing in the match until near the end.

Not one to comment on a woman's makeup usually but Maxxine was looking very white when out with Gable. Liked Becky giving her the pep talk.

Was that Regal in Gorilla when Becky was going through?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

yes pics online show regal, road dog and HHH in gorilla

• Advertisement
Advertisement