Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BusConnects Dublin - Bus Network Changes Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭TranslatorPS

Latest possibly gossip news is that Bray depot will only work the L12 and L14, with the L1-L3 going to GAI and the current Bray 145 cohort moving to Donnybrook for the E Spine. If that's the case, it is rather sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

local politicians in Greystones are also saying the local services will be Go Ahead operated.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

• Registered Users Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

those Finnegan routes seem like relics from a previous system - they only operate Mon-Fri, they're really infrequent, the vehicles appear to be cheap minibuses and despite being entirely within the DB area they're not included in the 90 minute fare. Will any of that improve? Do Finnegans have to meet any standards, was there ever even a tender for those routes?

A regular service from Bray to Sandyford could be a really useful service (particularly with the 84 being scrapped), but the 143 isn't it.

• Advertisement

GoAhead are now introducing the enhanced S4, S6 and S8 timetables that were planned in March now from next Monday, 22nd April.

Additional departures will operate in the mornings on the three routes.

https://www.goaheadireland.ie/timetable-changes-21st-april-2024

The changes in departure times are as below:

S4 ex-Liffey Valley:

06:10 departure advanced to 06:05

Additional departures at 06:43 and 06:47

S4 ex-UCD:

Additional departures at 06:35 and 07:05

S6 ex-Tallaght:

Additional departure at 06:38 and 07:08

S6 ex-Blackrock:

Additional departure at 06:35

06:45 departure deferred to 06:50

07:00 departure deferred to 07:05

S8 ex-Citywest

Additional departure at 05:50

06:20 departure advanced to 06:15

Additional departures at 06:25 and 06:36

All departures from 07:00 to 08:45 advanced to depart 5 minutes earlier.

S8 ex-Dún Laoghaire:

06:00 and 06:20 departures advanced to 05:55 and 06:15

Additional departure at 06:30

06:40 departure deferred to 06:45

There are some changes in the running times as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

They seem to throw anything and everything on those routes from a Ford Transit minibus to an ex DB double decker and anything in between. Surely the NTA could give them a few Streetlites to operate it if it's PSO route now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

There was also an recruitment open day for Go-Ahead depot which took place last Saturday. I would assume there was a lot of applicants who went to it and got a good experience from talking to the GAI management?

Also there is an important sentence written by Go Ahead Ireland themselves on the top of that website that they are expanding and taking on more routes than ever before.

https://www.goaheadireland.ie/openday

Which begs the key question here; are all of the other locals in the E-Spine phase being run by Go Ahead Ireland or is it just some of the locals from Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 SeSHo

Any news about when the N2 line which will pass by griffith avenue towards clontarf DART be launched?

It will be at the same time as the E Spine. Hopefully in Q3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

duplicate

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Reversal

Are these the only changes? Politicians in Dublin Mid West were talking about a revised 68 timetable coming in April but I can't find any information on it anywhere.

Anyone know anything about this?

Changes to existing routes’ timetables happen from time to time and they are usually given 10-14 days advance notice on the Dublin Bus / GoAhead website.

You don’t normally hear more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭A2000

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Gtz83drfbnfXniRu/

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭A2000

Above is what's causing delays on the g spine every week day. And the reason the 60 is becoming more busy each day. This is the queue for the underground car park in the hospital. Traffic blocked in both directions and the inbound tram can't proceed till the outbound one clears the junction. There can be up to 3 x S2 and 3 x 123 caught in the hospital grounds while the Gspine and 13s start bunching

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭trellheim

Only going to get worse as the childrens hospital starts to ramp up

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭TranslatorPS

Conyngham Road garage are redoing their schedules into the "zone" arrangement of what were previously stand-alone routes or pairs of routes getting bigger, joint working timetables for increased driver efficiency. There might be minor adjustments associated with that, but this should be primarily a working timetable change rather than a public timing change. The 68+69 is slated to be worked together with the 60. The L54 should join the G1+G2, while the current 26+L53 bill will get the S2 appended to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,516 ✭✭✭cgcsb

There was talk late last year of bringing in rapid build bus bus measures on advance of the cbc roll out. The bus gate at St James was mentioned specifically. That seems to have fallen by the side

• Registered Users Posts: 27,855 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Think they are starting with bus gates on the quays in the summer, I expect the rest will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭Qrt

That hospital car park needs to me made pre-book only, no exceptions. If you’re suddenly so sick you can’t take a taxi/PT, then I think an ambulance is your best bet.

RVEEH consistently notifies patients that parking is non-existent and the world hasn’t caved in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭loco_scolo

It's been like that months, can't understand why nothing has been done about it. They should at least make it one way for cars through the hospital, with cars exiting at James Luas.

At the least this would stop traffic backing up and blocking the Luas. The inbound bus would still suffer though.

That was never part of the bus connects programme though. I hope that mount brown, rathmines and stoneybatter aren't forgotten about until spade finally hits ground on the cbcs

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BusGuy

I'd say a few more revised timetables will happen before the E spine launches.

Nny update on it? I'm seeing a lot of leaner buses on tolka valley road. But no start date for the E/N2 phase.

I really think that if the bus gates on the quays happen in August it will really boost the reliability of Dublin Bus and might help speed up the rollout of bus connects. It would be great to get another of the main spines and the O in place by the end of the year and start work on college green plaza next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭bikeman1

The only thing that will speed up the rollout of Bus Connects is the recruitment of lots more drivers.

It seems to be moving along nicely at the moment.

One thing I don’t know why they don’t do it here, is the offering of job share contracts, 25%/50%/75% time or weekend work. Plenty of different ways of working these days. Some people would gladly do a few hours every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 oliver_murray

Saw one of the new EA fleet single decker electric buses running along the SCR, must be doing training for the O orbital?

Wow brilliant. They're going to have to do something about the bit around Heuston

• Registered Users Posts: 8,469 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I watched a youtube video showing an EA doing runs around Celbridge last Friday.

The description of it said it was seen along some parts of the L58/L59 route.

• Advertisement

I've been watching a lot of empty Dublin Bus vehicles crossing the Eastlink bridge, and wondering why there's no actual route. It quite awkward to get to the southside from that end of the north quays (OK you can walk over to Ringsend but the bridge is quite pedestrian unfriendly).

Looking at the BC map an obvious improvement would be to extend the S2 over the bridge to meet the N4, or maybe even up to Fairview to connect with the N2 as well. this would provide good connectivity between the D & H spines on the northside and the B spine on the Southside (and the Dart and Redline Luas):

side note: is there a version of the big map somewhere that doesn't go blurry when you zoom in?

Advertisement