Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slatted shed design

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭lmk123

I know I’d like to have it too but can’t justify / afford it, if you had a few tanks it wouldn’t be as bad, the pump is €10,500 +vat, that’d do a few tanks, just can’t justify it for one 5 bay tank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭DBK1

There’s plenty of lads agitating 9 foot tanks with 7 and 8 foot agitators with no problems so it’s not something I’d be overly worried about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭adne

Anyone experience with slabs over a tank. Whats the life of them. What weight they take. Ive no experience of them and have reservations on their longevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 374 ✭✭lmk123

Ya I’d say you’re right. Was talking to another contractor a while ago, he said he’s doing a good few 10 foot tanks lately with a 9 foot agitator no bother. I’ve a feeling the farmer that told me yesterday that it couldn’t be done was told that by the lad that was doing the tank for him. The same builder was telling me the same story, his shutters are 9x8 so obviously a 10 foot tank isn’t ideal for him, it’s all making sense now 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

The main problem is if you take out 4 ft out of the tank most agitators won't work as the marine bearing wont the covered. Next step is to put more water into the tank.

Really there is a few options, get a long agitator for yourself or contractor, or aeration. Might be worthwhile putting the pipework of it into the tank, with the long term view of putting an aeration system.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

It’s going to be a bit harder on the vacuum tank to empty a 10 foot tank as well. Simpler to turn the 8x9 shape so that it is 9 feet deep.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭minerleague

What about a sump built into the floor of the tank?, always 9" or so of slurry left in tanks here after emptying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Have it in sheds that were built 40 years ago with 7ft deep tanks. Good and big to get the pipe into. About 4ft x4ft in a 10ft wide tank so it's hard to miss. If any one says use a barrel,forget it as it's next to near impossible to get the pipe into it. Shouldn't be hard for a builder to do and you will only need one in a tank, if doing a new tank make it 6ft x 6ft

The key to working the sump is empty what you can, leave it and come back the following day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Only left with around 3 inch of slurry on my 8 foot tanks sucking with 1150 Abbey tank. Must be thick if you've 9 inch left.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Omallep2

Have you a fall on the tank to the emptying end?

• Advertisement

Don't think so tbh. 2 different 3 bay tanks here both suck down to 3 inch, well mixed and pipe is twisted about the floor any direction to get all sucked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭White Clover

Would that be a 5 inch pipe on the 1100 Abbey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭minerleague

Contractor spreads for me so as soon as 6" pipe starts sucking air spreading is finished ! Slurry from other end of tank then flows down and levels off, would normally be thick enough too

Yea I do my own so can take the time to empty fully unlike yours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Had a contractor a few years ago left 12-16” in the bottom as he’d somewhere to go, tank was full by March. New lad takes as much as possible out leaving 12-18” space when mixing in the spring/summer

• Registered Users Posts: 39 international xl

i was wondering does any body have a boumatic streamway 90 or work in one as was thinking of going sequential bailing Thanks in advance

Advertisement