Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains Part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

It might've worked better if they did it during the off season, but right in the middle of the title race was a bit of a waste. The first one was good for a change. This was terribly boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

I thought it was interesting enough. I guess ye all are nazis and I'm not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,403 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Another cracking night of Champions League knockout matches...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

They shouldn't have the quarters on at the same time, great games though

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

A dual screen set-up a must rather than a luxury tomorrow night watch the competition Miguel gave the last rights to.

Listening to the first Tactical Nazi segment and poor Jon McKenzie is doing a great job explaining what these buzzwords even mean, they should get that lad on more often to talk about the real stuff, too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,643 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

kinda enjoyed that football chat, more so than the last one of those they did - wrong time for it though. A Monday pod should be covering what happened over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,643 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

In some defence of Miguel, the pairings have been absolutely perfect for individual games in this round, with each of the most evenly matched teams drawn together - with a different draw we could've very easily ended up with far more one-sided ties. Ultimately, the issue is that one whole side of the draw don't have much of a hope of winning the thing. Whoever of City and Madrid go forward (probably City, realistically) will be heavy enough faves.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭bren2001

The CL has been shite for the past few years. What Miguel said was right and it had been a relatively drab affair up to that point this year. There have been a few crackers after that interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,283 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I was listening to last weeks podcast today by accident, Eoin opens with "Spanish teams are back" after wins for barca and Atletico.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

it was crap last year because Napoli and benfica and Bruges , looked good in the group stage but then just died away.

Crap the last couple of years? Sure the year before had real’s route to glory coming back to win vs PSG, Chelsea and city. It was great. Final was crap but if that’s a crap year then I dunno.

• Advertisement

Real Madrid had 2 good games in the 2021/22 CL, PSG and the final few minutes of the City game. Otherwise, the CL was shite that year.

Liverpool trounced Villareal in the SF, City breezed by Sporting and had an incredibly dull QF against Athletico, Munich hammered Salzburg and then lost to a very poor Villareal in quite a boring 2 legs. If thats a good CL to you, fair enough, I thought it was incredibly boring. 2020/21 was the same, teams just winning comfortably.

This year has undoubtly been class. United in the group stage were fun to watch and the games in the knockout have been great.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,622 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

This is exactly why it's shite.

Other teams do their best playing at the highest level producing sometimes boring, sometimes entertaining and sometimes amazing games.

But in the end it's all a waste of time because the trophy probably goes to some financial dopers no one cares about.

This is a shite tie ? I think your standards are too high.

City getting knocked out was an all timer for the books. To say it was good for the last few minutes is downplaying it incredibly. Thought it was a good year.

Do ye remember the 2 games? 3-0 chelsea for most of the first and Madrid flipped it around within the first 30 minutes of the second game. Obviously is looks great on paper but both were shite to watch. Even if you say RMs run was interesting (and it was), there's a whole other section to the competition which was awful. A champions league is more than 2 games (or 3) in my opinion.

The group stages were awful. Every knockout game without RM was awful. If you enjoyed that comp, fair play. I thought it was drab.

Most people remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Thank god I'm not alone in disliking Monday's pod. At least they laughed about it and read out responses in today's pod! As one of the emails said, it should not have been a Monday pod, especially after significant results in the title race. I feel like Arsenal and Liverpool slipping up at the weekend was barely talked about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,275 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

the treble treble talk today made me realise that if it is accomplished then this song will be ruined forever

That Twitter guy is going to be so mad/so happy tonight that he was right/wrong about positionism

Don’t ruin the surprise for me, I haven’t finished Tactical Nazis Part 1 yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm so, so sorry poor ol City lost

• Advertisement

I guess PSG were the only bookies favorites to go through and even then I’m not sure

• Registered Users Posts: 10,745 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Fair play to Jamie Wall.

He's regularly got a kicking on here for the amount of "likes" he uses.

I don't think he used one in his most recent appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,706 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

After the Monday debacle and two GAA pods in a row, back on form today, fair play to whoever called them out on the "phone it in Friday" podcasts 😛

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

But it is a phone it in Friday pod as its a prerecorded Ken politics one.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cheese sandwich

Yeah, they couldn’t even be bothered turning up tomorrow to do the TV guide!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭dog_pig

They seem to be leaning hard into the prerecords

• Registered Users Posts: 12,513 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Nor on his previous one a few weeks back too. It must be related to him becoming a solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Dante

I noticed that too, definitely a big improvement listenability-wise.

Good to see someone on the pod actually taking feedback onboard 🙈

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Couldn't finish today's (OR Monday's) pod. Way too many "like, y'know, whatevers" in the conversation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

This is what I don't get, they resent the term but then phone it in. No mention at all of the Liverpool match last night, not even a few minutes at the end.

Advertisement