Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

Look even more lifeless with the fresh subs on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Augme

Just realised we always still have to play Villa as well as Spurs. If Spurs didn't also have city and arsenal to play I'd be very worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Damien360

This is painful to watch. Utterly devoid of any plan. And we have been like this for a few weeks. Season gone in a whimper in just a few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

That was way more annoying than the first leg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Never seen us as lethargic.

It’s like we are playing out for time.

Starting jones is never going to create urgency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,422 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Very disappointing half.

I think they're running on fumes.

Doesn't bode well for the run-in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So disappointing after such a good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

We needed Salah to put away that chance before half time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭McFly85

It’s an unfortunate trait with Klopps Liverpool that when it goes wrong, it generally stays wrong for a while.

Team is totally out of sorts and regressing. A shame to peter out of the season like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Also McManaman withering on about "being patient" at 1-0. What cobblers. The game is short, Atalanta were rattled then. That's exactly when you go for the jugular, a heap of goals were still needed

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Liverpool playing it around the back like a team cleverly seeing a game out 🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Thud

it's very easy to mark players that aren't moving, showing for the ball involves moving and trying to lose your marker, no one is doing that

You're some over the the top tool and I'm not happy with myself for biting but oh well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

yeah this is well observed. This will not turn around for the rest of his tenure.

Would have taken a cup and CL qualification at the start of the year mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Absolutely pathetic. Did they not want to try. No chances, no effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I dont even know what to say at all

Concentrate on the league now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

A win is a win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

We go out with a whimper, what a sad end to the season this is turning out to be.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Great win, clean sheet, I'll take that.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭505_

Not much of a team. Worrying times ahead post klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Tactically limited. Take too long to try something different.

Hes been an absolute legend, but time for fresh ideas.

We look technically very poor, not able to cope with the press against decent sides, and you see what happens when we are off it physically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Jasus that was awful sh**e! We're a shambles at the minute, the last 4 weeks has been as bad as anything we produced last season.

No ideas, players hiding, atrociously slow passing phases, unconvincing defensively. None of it very good basically...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

0 cards

For a team fighting away from home ? 3 down ?

Pathetic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

As a one of result that would have actually been a good win as they completely dominated us with their press. I'd say we spent about 20 mins passing it around the back four though which was infuriating.

• Administrators Posts: 54,164 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I think we should all expect a few more defeats in the league run in, just all going wrong now. We look clueless and lethargic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Awful stuff. That Salah miss was ridiculous, game totally turns in our favor if that goes in. I can't see us winning another game this season honestly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭McFly85

For sure, considering where we were last year and all the injuries we’ve had it’s been a great season. Just a shame that for a brief moment it looked like a phenomenal end to Klopps tenure was on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I think Edwards need to work some magic on a rebuild.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,300 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

We started really well. Good tempo. Trent was key to everything good. But it was the same as the first leg when Mo missed his chance tonight, that was the turning point on the night. Score that and it's game on, he missed and we never got back into it. Atalanta deserved to go through, tactically very well set-up.

We are a tried team. We will absolutely drop points before the season ends so it's about just getting to the end, giving Jürgen his send off and coming back next season with new impetus, a couple of signings and new regime in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That was telling.

Against a man-for-man system, nobody won a duel in that 2nd half.

Absolutely destroyed.

Pitiful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

What an anticlimactic end to the season. Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭IrishOwl...

Liverpool are not a technically built team, Klopps system is energetic chaos more than finesse.

That's why is so difficult to turn things around when there's a drop off in levels, because it needs all 10 outfielders to be absolutely on it. If 2 or 3 are off it, the system breaks down and before you know everyone is struggling because there's no cohesion between any of the lines.

I like Klopp and would have liked him to claim another trophy before the end of the season. But it's not going to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,014 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Jurgen's last game in Europe as Liverpool manager, and it was one of the most tepid performances of them all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Good first half. Probably should have got a 2nd goal. Salah should have finished that lob really. Didn’t really create anything in the second half apart from that Gakpo pass to Szobo that went slightly behind him.

Wasn’t a bad away performance in Europe in isolation but what on earth were they at last week to get beat 3-0 at home. Just a horror show. Atalanta are decent but no world beaters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,189 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The same team that were still trying to win 4 trophies a month ago?

the team has tired badly, after a massive injury list during a hectic few months of games. Midweek weekend midweek weekend, relentless. They are shattered now. bad form, and performances are poor but some have been unlucky or lost due to poor finishing.

The season isn't over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Thats now 3 and a half games without a goal from open play. If anything worse than palace and absolutely zero threat. Atalanta actually more dangerous in our 1/3 than we were.

I can’t possibly see how we keep pace with City or Arsenal at this rate. Fulham/Everton/West ham early kickoff with the way we playing genuinely worried of seeing mutiple games lot like palace in the next week with our form so off. Hoping the season doesn’t implode now but I wouldn’t be surprised if Fulham turn us over .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭jones

So it looks like too many hard games killed us. No easy wins lately, every game was stressful. Ran out of steam and now the end of the season is a slog.

Season is done for me I highly doubt we'll win at Fulham on Sunday. The team look spent I just hope we can stay top 4. Anything less would really be a disaster.

Ps posters saying that wasn't a bad "one off" result are delusional we were 3 down and Atalanta played us like a fiddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭IrishOwl...

Atlanta are not a good side, they have lost 10 of their 30 Serie A games this year. This has been a dreadful 2 legged affair from Liverpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jack747

Not just saying it now that we are knocked out but I must be the only one who doesn’t care about the Europa. After palace game , I was absolutely sick. After Atalanta games , didn’t bother me in the slightest. I’d also question the players attitude towards it too, they looked in 2nd gear.

I wouldn’t write this team or Klopp off yet. If Liverpool beat Fulham and Everton (which both will be obviously very tough) , everybody will be buzzing for Brighton vs City next Thursday. It’s not all doom and gloom , there is plenty to play for yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,189 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Created lots and lots of chances in 3 of the last 4 games without scoring.

Created sweet feck all tonight, bar a couple chances that Salah should have scored from but he shot wide or passed to someone else.

Tonight is the big worry as the chances are not being created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

Season was looking like it was going to be a great season a month ago, but unfortunately has fallen off a cliff last few weeks players look absolutely shattered these past few games,but that's the way it goes can't change anything now on another note best of luck to villa they are having some season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Worrying few weeks ahead. At the best of times we struggle against both Fulham and Everton away, but now we look totally out of ideas and the strikers have forgotten their profession. Can't see us getting more than 2 points unfortunately. Just need to ensure the top 4 finish asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Really don’t understand the logic of not caring about the UEFA cup in Klopp last season. Yes it’s 2nd tier but UEFA and league cup with top 4 would have a wonderful send off for Klopp. Granted if CL league this would more gutting but to not care in the slightest is frankly bizarre.

Similarly we have to acknowledge now this isn’t a 1-2 game blip and it’s simply not recognising the serious state of these performances by saying if we win vs Fulham and Everton it’s all sunshine again. I know it’s extremely negative but I feel it’s much more likely pick 1-2 points over next 2 game than 6 and I hope we can cement top 4 asap because the season is imploding frankly. The loss vs palace meant no fixture in next 7-8 days is safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,509 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Klopp knew it was time to go. He's rebuilt the midfield to a good extent after the shambles last year, won a trophy even if it's the least significant of the 4. Just a shame the way it's all imploded near the end, a manager of his status having only one PL is a pity given some of the incredible points tally in many seasons. But it's probably good he's moving on now, he's done all he can at Liverpool and you'd hate for it to have ever gotten to the point where fans were calling for him to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Some cancellation of hotel rooms happening in Dublin tonight I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Honestly, if we don't sell Allison, Trent, Virgil, Konate, Robbo, Szoboslai, McAllister, Endo, Nunez, Diaz, Salah, Jones, Elliot, Gakpo and Jota next year we're definitely getting relegated........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

It is funny the narrative,about two months ago everyone was saying what a strong squad klopp was leaving for his successor and now there are some people saying the squad needs a total overhaul. Like which is it? No doubt the last month has been bitterly disappointing,but injuries and klopps way of playing is not sustainable especially given the amount of games we were involved in.

Looking at klopps body language since it was announced he is leaving and its easy see why,he is drained and has nothing more to give. Everything he does and expects from his squad is built around emotion and energy and that can be very draining. When you have neither then results like the last month materialise and its very hard to stop the rot.

And let's hope the word quadruple isn't used in this thread for a long long time because if you ask me it has cost us the big prizes this season and 2 years ago

Advertisement