Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 LohansRedHelmet

I was there that day and there was more Waterford supporters than Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Support for the County team has been poor for the past number of years..You can blame the managers we've had, the way the teams have played, the lack of funds available in these times to families to attend matches etc. Also a lot of people would rather go to the pub to watch it rather than get up off their arses and support the team.. However it works both ways too.. People aren't thick either, and if teams aren't perceived to be putting an effort in the games , then people will talk with their feet.. Also a lot of people aren't members of Gaa clubs, so have to wait for any leftovers which doesn't help. Personally, I will be in Walsh Park Sunday week supporting our Hurlers.. I think it's set up for us.. nobody is giving Waterford a chance against a Cork team that are being talked up as serious All lreland contenders this year.. Waterford haven't become bad Hurlers overnight, and I expect the game to be a lot closer than many people expect… Hopefully the Waterford public will snap up any remaining tickets sent back in the coming days and get behind the lads next Sunday. DEISE ABU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

I think everyone knows there are some top class hurlers and are well capable of causing cork a lot of trouble but the ‘flute’ on the side line is the problem……absolutely anything is possible with this guy….he needs to stick to his ‘extra-circular’ activities such as ‘fittest family’ etc…..his day is done at this level…😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

just listened to the hurling pod, Paul Murphy reckons cork by 10 to 12 points. Could be a long afternoon on Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

Hard to disagree. Davy can play the interview to the team around 3:00 on Sunday…😡😡…..incidentally did he say anything about Patrick Horgan…..will he start, will he get a full game…..hopefully Damien cahalane is playing…….😀

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

I think the number of games doesn't help. If you had two parents and two kids going to 5 games it ain't cheap. Back a few year's ago if you were going to 5 games it meant the team had a very good year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

Is that right. Why don’t you ask him for the lotto numbers while you’re it

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭siyo

Jesus some negativity on here, you'd swear cork were this invincible force heading our way. They didn't set the world on fire in the league or get out of Munster last year, same as ourselves really.

Every post on here is the same anti Davy stuff regurgitated over and over, yea he's not upto much these days but he's the man in charge so we need to get on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭seananigans

oof

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Montys return

Since 2018

Cork have lost 2 games at home

Clare 2 games at home

Limerick 2 games at home

Tipp 4 (record in Thurles is actually quite poor in those years)

We have lost 3 out of 4, having had 4 less home games than most teams (3 less than Cork).

I'm expecting a Cork win but saying they'll hammer us in Walsh Park is a big call.

It would be a real statement in my opinion were they to achieve it, and I don't expect it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭914

Minor footballers going to town on Limerick

Currently leading 3-10 to 4 points about 5 minutes gone in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭914

All that matters is this year. You can't rewrite the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭upthedeise16

An awful pity they conceded the last second goal above in Clare, would have been in Daryl Darcy final and Munster semi final but well done to all involved with this group on their great work and effort put in. Hopefully they will build on this going forward into under 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,547 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Grear result for minors, nice few days for football in the county

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

good win for the footballers nice to see some progress being made at underage level. Well done to the players, paul power and his management team. Am sure they will wonder what might have been with that last second goal against Clare. Hopefully they stick together and continue developing

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

Is Waterford now a footballing county !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Well done to the minor footballers

Well deserved after the efforts put in

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dammo

Patrick Fitzgerald not named in the match day panel for U20s so, presumably will be in action on Sunday instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Why would you.. He must be showing good form in training..if he's good enough for the seniors, play him. Isn't that what Cody did for years with kilkenny

Are you for real!

He's the real deal. Himself and Dessie could go to town on that Cork defence, unless Davy decides to play them as auxiliary sweepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

How's everyone feeling about Sunday, is there any cause for optimism? Haven't seen so much as one person tipping a Waterford win which is perfectly understandable so the pressure is all on Cork. Paul Murphy tipping Cork by 10-12 says it all really, surely this level of being written off has to come with a massive response from us.

What 15 would you go with? Should Tadgh and Prunty start? Neither have played much, if any, hurling this year so it might be a risk to throw them straight in. In saying that, we haven't had a competitive game in over a month anyway so not sure how much it matters. Would probably go with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

as stated previously, we'll catch Cork this weekend. There's a kick in this team.

Depends what you mean by the real deal. Having potential and delivering o not are different things. He’s a nice option to bring off the bench at senior level but that’s about it at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Dublin Dave 2014

Waterford v Tipperary is live on YouTube Friday 7.pm link below

ttps://www.youtube.com/live/w3MT8Rmm2_U?si=Xl5uecxdSBD3ujgw

In his first senior start he got 3 points from play, Waterford winning the match. Given that was the last championship match we played, why would you think he should now be dropped? Especially given Stephen Bennett is likely not available to start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

I don't rate Tipperary this year. Haven't got the firepower. Weakest Tipp forward line i can remember. Clare, Cork and Limerick to come out of Munster.

*this post was meant for All Ireland thread

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Billy Nolan was excellent at sweeper / centre back the same day. Should he also start?

• Advertisement

Touche, I wouldn't. But then if he'd backed that up in the league it would be a different story.

Fitzgerald has been injured, I'd certainly be giving him a good run out at a minimum.

Advertisement