Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare GAA Discussion part 2 , No Purple Jumpers Allowed !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

the referee was terrible last night agreed as was the linsman , but that aside that was an excellent performance either way , i could list half the team as excellent in how they performed , most of this team by the way is last years u17 team so they will have a few cracks at this

ronan kilroy , jack o'neill , even mixtad , john cahil , sean rynne first half along with ronan keane, oran cahil after he came on all excellent , conor whelan was really good too

cork are a fine team they have some impressive hurlers , i think its important not to get too bogged down on a refferee decision and hope we get the job done and get back into the munster final . if cork beat limerick in the next round and we beat waterford , we will be guaranteed a semi final place at least , it will be very interesting to see what happens between cork and tipp , i felt with the extra man cork were very wasteful for the amount of chances they created , if tipperary were to beat them it would throw a huge spanner in the works

its very strange the rivalry stuff , lads over your way hate tipperary , i never bought into that because i am over the other side of the county , i was fairly young in 1993 and i saw some stuff at that munster final in the crowd that day , thankfully both sets of supporters are much more grown up now it would seem

i wouldn't begrudge limerick a thing , they have had as many bad days as ourselves , cork have some of the most genuine supporters in the country , you would meet some really knowledgeable and deaccent people at any hurling match , but the fairweather supporters that trail in behind i have zero time for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭evolvingtipperary101

Cusack Park's capacity will be increased from 18,800 to 20,100 following an independent assessment this week with clubs to receive a boosted allocation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭PeggyShippen

When was the capacity reduced to 18,800. ? It's great they got another 1300 but it's still fairly pitiful. Maybe Clare should consider nominating the TUS Gaelic Grounds for home games. Not the Limerick match maybe ...but the rest

Support 🇮🇱 Israel

• Advertisement

For sporting reasons they naturally want to play on their home pitch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Hear Peggy out people, there is precedent for not using your home pitch. Look at Dublin! 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Figerty

I was there way back in '84 as a young lad, standing on a box at the town in when there was reported to be about 28000 there. It was dangerous. A lot of us hopped the wall at the back of the Garda Station.. anyone for the last few choc ices and and Ice cold minerals… neither were cold..

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭oppiuy

If anyone comes across a spare for the Limerick game. I will deff take it. No luck through the club and have Ticketmaster open hoping some get returned

• Advertisement

So anyone want to speculate on the team ?

Any update on Tony Kelly's return?

I'll have a go:

Quilligan

Hogan-Cleary-Leen

Ryan-Conlon-McInerney

Malone-Lohan

D.Fitzgerald-Rodgers-Duggan

A.McCarthy-O'Donnell-Reidy

To be sprung from the bench:

Rory Hayes, C.Galvin, I.Galvin, Meehan, T.Kelly (Maybe!), Smyth, Morey

So in effect Lohan and Leen have played their way into the team with their league form

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭supernova5

that is 1986 you are thinking about, attendance 16,000 [official]

Clare 1-08 Tipperary 2-10 MFC u17

Tipperary starting to really put it together again at under age level , made 6 changes to their forwards tonight and more then passed the test , for our own lads aidan weaver, leo switzer, conor burke and kevin hanley were our best performers , but big gulf in class , tipperary much the sharper side , both teams play each other in the daryl darcy cup final next week the winner plays cork the loser plays kerry in the munster semi final ,

this group of under 17s is a hard working bunch but other then conor burke are really lacking fire power , kevin hanley scored 1-2 tonight though and was clares top scorer , only 3 different scorers again tonight which highlights the lack of scorers lime clune kicked two late frees and a point from play after being introduced late in the game

tipperary on the other hand very impressive

clare scorers

killian hanley 1-2

liam clune 0-3 2f

conor burke 0-3

personally i would have no problem with the game being moved down to limerick again , with the higher percentage of ticket sales going to us as its our home game , the councillors around ennis would go crazy though with the massive loss of revenue for the town on the day though so that's out

but what i hear , the limerick ground staff are praying for some dry weather for sunday week , ,mackey stand side of the field is still a problem , if limerick dont want to concede home advantage to tipperary again , we can always let them use the park for their first home game , half of them live in kilkee anyway so it would be like for like 😂

genuinely from what i hear , no one knows what lohan is planning to do on sunday regards kelly, and there is so many conflicting reports its hard to know just exactly how close he is to be starting ,

i would agree with the line up , but i have my doubts leen will start , i would imagine he will go with hayes first just for experience sake ,with leen possibly coming in off the bench for hayes later in the game , , forwards wise i was happy enough with how we played in the second half against kilkenny but we did go a bit quiet in the last ten minutes , the ball and the quality of the ball into the forwards needs to improve , so i would expect to see reidy move out the field , i would like to see mccarthy win more dirty ball in the forwards , like galvin at times the ball needs to be placed into his hand to launch an attack , shanagher will surely get a run at some point too

i know we don't have the money to properly do up the park , and in fairness there is no real need given the amount of stadiums in munster that get filled two or three times a year ,

but i would like to see us trial a safe standing system for the championship games , its done in germany in soccer at the moment and wouldn't cost any more then a few tins of paint , i wouldnt like to be in that stand if anything ever went wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭moby2101

Pitch is aok and ready to go , Limerick trained there at the weekend.

This game is too tight to call , if were beat, we will have been beaten by a top class Clare side, if the loosing team keeps the margin low , 2 or 3 points I really don’t think it will affect the eventual outcome of the 3 teams to progress from Munster. ( imo Clare Limerick Cork)
    If its a big trimming for either team then all bets are off, Waterford, Tipp and Cork will come for both sides sensing blood in the water.

Question re tickets/seating .I picked up the tickets this evening , Sideline Seating

Gives a location Row number and seat number but it also says Sideline Unreserved

Confused!!
    is it a reserved seat or what?
    Usually get shed tickets, haven’t been here before

Not quite the soft seats 😉 Windy !!

I don’t think Lohan entirely trusts Rory Hayes though, not sure I do either. It’s a big call ok.

i told you bring the armchair…..!

the sideline is first come first serve i believe , but they will let you stand at the back by the railing if there is space the view is better there then most other parts of the ground

the seated stand tickets are better as you can rock in 5 minutes before throw in but it will be first in gets to chose

on the game itself , not the end of the world for either team to lose but it would set a huge marker for the rest of the year , plus we have to go to cork the week after which has plenty of pitfalls , sunday is a toss of a coin game like the last 3 or 4 meetings id say again ,

even for the 15 or 20 minutes against kilkenny he looked unconvincing , he attacks the ball well but fouls far too much

• Advertisement

If there are doubts over Hayes, then starting Leen wouldn't be too much of a risk. I don't know if Paul Flanagan is still in contention or not.

On the Limerick side Peter Casey is suspended so that does weaken their full forward line, even if they have also quality replacements

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭Figerty

Possibly, Played tipp in Ennis the year I'm thinking of. Pa Lynch broke his leg on one of the days I'm thinking of.

Offical might have been 16,000 but there were lads garda pouring over the walls and It was jammers. Dangerous

So Lohan has named an unchanged team from the league final. Which tells us nothing really, as I doubt they'll line up like that.

Surely O'Donnell and McInerney will start.

One interesting addition to the match day squad, somebody called T.Kelly from Ballyea has been added…..

The u20s and minors have beaten Limerick, let's hope for the hat-trick on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭Henno30

V good chance Flanagan, O'Donnell and McInerney start. O'Donnell himself is a near certainty. Kelly is the big question mark. How much time he gets will likely depend on how things are going.

Lynch is going roving.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jamesconlan85

Football team named no sign of Micheal Garry or Einne O Connor listed not even as panelists

• Registered Users Posts: 14,605 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭moby2101

😂 imagine he and Hogan will be well acquainted!!

Hon Limerick

Best of luck to Clare, hopefully 🤞 this will live up to the enormous expectations we (both Counties) are putting on this 🔥🔥🔥🔥

• Advertisement

Advertisement