Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Emirates FA Cup 2023-24

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Chelsea are butchering the possession in the last third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭kowloonkev

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Chelsea at least get the corner they were owed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

thats what happens when you dont convert your chances

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Chelsea only have themselves to blame really.

• Advertisement

You could kind of see City switch into predator mode around the 75th minute. Like a big cat playing with a mouse.

Next Man City manager: You lot may all be internationals and have won all the domestic honours there are to win under Pep. But as far as I'm concerned, the first thing you can do for me is to chuck all your medals and all your caps and all your pots and all your pans into the biggest **** dustbin you can find, because you've never won any of them fairly. You've done it all by bloody cheating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

lol mudryk

thats a shocking free by mudryk. but what walker did to concede the free is not as bad as the nick jackson peno shout

city into the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,463 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So corrupted. Sad state of football in England, it will all come out in years to come no doubt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Xander10

Chelsea were truly mugged off with the price they paid for so many ordinary signings.outbidding Arsenal by about 30m for mudryk sums things up

and watch there be not a peep from the pundits. i think they have been told to go easy on ref criticism since the liverpool fiasco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So Walker gave a free kick away at the end for the same foul that he got away with in the box lol

It's amazing he was allowed to take it. Not exactly a technician is he.

Pep has the look of a man desperately trying to cling on to the sense that all his work in England means anything at all. Nothing behind his eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,977 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

well they are second in the net spend charts after Manchester United. PSG third and Arsenal fourth.

• Thought Chelsea looked alright today in fairness. Bar finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You can't tell me with a straight face that that handball against Grealish does not get given against any other team.

• Great angle here. How doesn't the linesman see it. Also you can see Oliver. This is worse than the doku one. Was Oliver the ref that day?

• Advertisement

As a Liverpool fan, it's levels worse than the Doku one, which is saying something.

Again, it's amazing how rarely those decisions go against City.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Shades of Rodri v Everton a few years ago.

To give the corner would be to confirm it hit the hand, they claimed AGAIN, that it didn't hit the hand, just like they claimed Doku won the ball against MacAllister, when again it was clear he didn't.

Whether it's outright bribery, or fact they are openly lining their pockets for '' work'' , either way it's working, as officials are not going to bite the hand that feeds them so generously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I didn't see the match, but why was MacAllister playing tonight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The syntax of the sentence made it clear he was not. The poster made a point about tonights game, and makes the further point that this is perhaps a pattern by referencing another recent event involving the same team, where the call went the same way :)

Oliver has been referee when...

Doku kicked MacAllister. No pen.

Grealish blatant handball today. No pen.

Kovacic not given a red at the Emirates for a blatant 2nd yellow.

Was fourth official when the ref didn't give a penalty for Hojlund's 'pull' on Rodri at Old Trafford, but he overturned it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Maybe the poster should build a bridge and get over it instead of trying to making conspiracy claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Says the chap with such a clear axe to grind against another team over the course of years.

Personally I think it's a bit less about conspiracy's anyway, and more about repeated ineptitude to an extent that warrants retraining etc.

Though I think it's fair enough to say that refs should not be allowed to do paid outside work for organisations to which the people they are supposed to be reffing belong. Like, whether or not it leads to any bias (subconscious or otherwise), the mere possibility of it should make that such a clear cut and dried decision. At very least the veneer of impartiality has to be maintained as much as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 20,685 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Okayz not a conspiracy, but it was shite refereeing by the same official on all occasions.

Oliver famouslessy failed to send off Joe Hart when he stuck his forehead into his face too when playing doe , checks notes, man city. I don't know why he can't make a decision against them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That's a shocking mistake from the Coventry keeper to gift Man United the lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭NITRO95

I'll bite, in what way was it a mistake by the keeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭omega man

Pity Wolves didn’t beat Coventry in QF, this is probably over already.

Ah Coventry, they concede a second right on the stroke of half-time. They probably switched off.

Another fortunate goal for Man United and that's pretty much it. That should go down as an own goal.

They're giving it to Fernandes but I don't see how. It was going across the goal(wide) and instead deflects in at the near post.

The BBC can't help themselves, acting like it took the merest of flicks.

• Advertisement

3-1 now 18 minutes or so left. Simms with a good finish though he shinned it.

3-2. Coventry with a 2nd goal. They deserved that luck after "Fernandes'" goal. O'Hare given the goal as well.

• You do realise your actual team is playing?

Anyway. Useless the lot of these. Don't be surprised if Coventry score again.

Torp almost with an equaliser from a torpedo of a shot. Unfortunately it was to close to Onana. I thought the Coventry player was taken out in the box just before the shot.

Coventry player on the ground might have blocked a goal bound shot from his own player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Penalty to Coventry

wow

Penalty for Coventry. Please go in. 🤞🤞🤞🤞

• That should do wonders for Forrests case or city yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jaysus

Just switched over from Pool game.

How is that a penalty and Grealish's wasn't?

Delighted to say that Coventry proved me so wrong. Thought they were dead and buried at 2 nil never mind 3 nil. What a game

• I think it's just go with whatever the ref says from the var lads.

3-3. Brilliant! This is already a big story no matter what happens in the added time, extra-time or beyond.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
Advertisement