Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭914

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭ForestFire

So following Waterford since the 90s, now living in Galway (10yrs), not only are Waterford generally out before the schools are even on holiday, but since the new format and moving final from September, its almost impossible to even see a match anymore on free to air….

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i wouldnt be putting waterford out of the championship just yet , while i have no time for the manager and his tactics the team is still really strong , and on top of that , last years bad run was more down to a lack of composure in front of goal then anything else its not the hardest fix in the world

as for the gaa go , i am old enough to remember all munster championship games not being televised and only on the radio so i would see it as a plus , they just need to stop taking the piss though but not showing a live game at 4 o'clock though , if even roscommon v mayo were on rte it wouldn't look half as bad

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭siyo

Do you not like Davy? Tell us more about that, you haven't really mentioned it before 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

is that you davey , you still owe me that money……..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Mayo vs Roscommon is on RTE2 at 4pm.

Cavan vs Tyrone also on BBC2 at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

Best of luck to the Waterford team & Management today.. UP THE DEISE

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Pudz2180

as the week has went on I have been feeling a little bit more optimistic of our chances today! I know we were relegated in the league which was obviously bad but all our defeats were by a score so we were competitive in all games plus we were minus a number of our more experienced players. Say If we had won two of those close games would the narrative around us be different? Fine margins. The team named to start is strong especially if fagan and leavy come in (match fitness of some will be a worry) two years ago cork were the ones that were being written off when they came to Walsh park, they brought serious aggression (some illegal) that day and bullied us. Hopefully our lads remember that today. The big issue we all have is our style of play. If Davy has seen the light ( unlikely) and we set up with a more attacking game plan we have a chance if not it will be a long day. Anyway all the best to everyone involved. Deise abu

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I dunno if its the good weather or what it is - but also feelung a bit optimistic!!

Envisioning strolling back to the car in sunshine having beaten Cork by 5!

Up the Déise!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Well, judgement day is finally upon us. I admire the optimism here and seeing the team sheet warrants it to some extent but I’m unfortunately finding it hard to forget the fact that this group of players just haven’t delivered when it really mattered over the last few years. This is also the same side who haven’t beaten anyone of note in league or championship the last two years (I just don’t count that Tipp win last year in what was a dead rubber, pressure off game), we can’t seem to buy a win against a side ranked equally or above us.
    Then we’ve a manager who will likely have us with 14 men in our own half all game with one up top to somehow win a ball against 3 or 4 opponents.

I think it’ll go similar to last years game, the first 15-20 mins will be a dire low scoring affair with Cork pulling ahead by 7 or 8 by HT. Cork to continue the same second half before a bit of a rally gets us back to a few points but Cork to finish stronger and run out with 7-9 to spare.

I’ll be very gladly proven wrong but trying not to expect anything. Anyway, here’s hoping for all the best to the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Tis a bit like Christmas morning , you can't beat that Championship morning no matter what form the team is in

Best of luck to the them today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Hope I'm wrong but Cork by 5 or 6 points I reckon.

Buzzing up in Roanmore

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

section 118 going to be surrounded by cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭seananigans

The commentator,despite being in the role for decades,still thinks waterford colours are blue and white

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

playing well , need to keep the pressure on with frees and making correct decisions.

Have to think cork will get it together st some point

We've turned up but need to keep at it. The earlier game shows a lead can mean feck all

Walsh Park looking amazing

jesus, only last night i stopped being so pessimistic and thought with the strong team something could happen. by god we have always had the players, if davy can stay out of up his own hole we might do something this year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Massive win

Fantastic win but we need to keep grounded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭waterfordgirl

I really needed that! Wasnt the weather such a bonus? Pitch looked great, a great job done on it. A second scoreboard is needed though, was a disaster to have afull terrace without sight of the scoreboard

Hopefully that gets the confidence levels back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Absolutely delighted for ye lads, drive on now you've shown the standard ye are capable of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭shockframe

Congrats lads.

Didn't think I'd be saying this but kudos to Davy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭decies

love it

On the deise....

Next weekends games are going to be great viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭skaface

What a great win.. badly need for hurling in the county and overall.. Great to see tĥe Cork crowd going away with 5 minutes to go

We never would've gussed Dessie would be the freetaker. Done a great job too

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Very happy to be proven wrong. Was worried we'd collapse after HT like in the league and honestly it looked like we might when Cork wiped out our lead in about 7 minutes. Credit the lads, dug in and got back at it. Deserved winners.

• Advertisement

would of ? either would've or would have lad ,never would of

Advertisement