Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford GAA Thread - Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Alf Tupper

Cahalane hasn't changed. Did Stephen Bennett off the ball then did Fitzy with a scurrilous sledge. Delighted to see him getting the line. Not sure if he got a straight red or not for the one on Fitzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jesus it's not an English lesson

Enjoy the win and stop looking for an argument

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Whitenblue93

Jesus Christ we had a great win against cork and all this fella is worried about is another persons grammar 😂😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭seananigans

either write properly or not at all

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Great win, I'm delighted with that. What a start we had. It was quite the tonic. I was worried we'd let it slip when Cork starting working their way into it but we held up well throughout and they were always going to get spells when they were on top.

Some really good performances all over the field today and we should have won by more. I thought the frees/65s would catch us out in the end but thankfully they weren't costly today. I do worry about our free taking going forward. Cork had a lot of poor wides from play as well, which needs to be noted.

All in all, what a start to the campaign and it's great that we get a rest to recharge and get ready for Tipp. The fixtures are perfect for us this year really with a two week gap between the first two games which are the ones we really have to be winning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭dilinja1

Some win. Its been a while since we won a game of note and makes it that bit sweeter that it was Cork after what happened in 2022. Darragh and calum lyons were exceptional and how good was it to see waterford forwards catch high balls. Brilliant stuff, fair play to Davy and the mgmt team they got it spot on. On de deise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭914

Great for the soul.

Sun shining, Munster championship, what a great day. Credit to Davy and the lads. I previously stated that today was **** or burst and they had to just go at it and that they did.

We lost our shape a little when Cork were reduced like we did against Limerick last year but the lads dug in and fought hard for the win.

The Tipp game is going to be a different game now as there will be more pressure on us this time around but now at least we are in with a shout and it's in our own hands.

Walsh Park also looked great today.

Up the Déise.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,547 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Great win. Fantastic to get a home win in the round robin at long last. Also so wonderful to get a win in round 1. Made a bit hard work of it in the end, but we will take it. Cork crowd seemed stunned from the get go, even when they got level in the second half they didn't raise much noise. Cahalane getting his just deserves after 2 years ago.

Important to follow it up with another performance in two weeks time. Tipp playing limerick next weekend, as we are acutely aware ourselves, very often a team can be flat performance wise after playing limerick, maybe it will be to our advantage for once in a couple of weeks time

Fair play to the PA person in Walsh park for the Up The Deise shout at the end too. Loved that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Calum lyons Motm for me.

Geeat game overall. Not sure how the decision making of waterford has not advanced over the years , so many easy points given up where it could have been so much easier just to tap over or to give a short pass to a man 20 yards closer to goal.

much more direct approach though rather than over running into trouble which was the hallmark of seasons past. Good to see

this is our 2nd home win in the round robin but this felt a little bit sweeter

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭JD. 60

didnt they have one in the Keanes Road end a few years back

Just back from the game. Revenge is a dish best served cold. This atones for 2022 and for the deliberate targeting of Aussie to get him sent off.

Good performances all over. The scheduling is perfect for Waterford … Tipp will be well softened by Limerick next week, whereas we have an extra week, crucially. I take back most of what I thought of Davy …. credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭spideyman92

Tbf I think a second scoreboard is planned in phase 2 of the works. Planning documents seem to indicate a replacement shop and women's toilet block in the Keanes Rd roundabout corner with a scoreboard installed on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭siyo

Brilliant win,delighted for players and management. Some of the stuff said and written about them in the lead up was way over the top. We never had a full deck to choose from in the league and with nearly everyone fit and available today we showed we're a bloody good side. Feet on the ground now and get the job done in two weeks time against tipp, the whole summer could open up for us.

Walsh park was immaculate,fair play to all involved, the pitch was the best I've ever seen it. Agree on what's been said above about the scoreboard, hopefully can be rectified when further works are being carried out.

It's fantastic to be finally writing and talking about Waterford hurling in a positive light once more, long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭deise man

Did anyone see what happened Stephen Bennett in the second half. Was it a sly dig that he got?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Mastermcgrath

echo everything said. By Christ we needed that. Delighted for the players. Delighted for the management. Delighted for the supporters. And delighted for Waterford, a hidden gem of a city. What a great venue for a big match match, How good was Walsh Park in the sun today. It felt like the good times were back with the supporters out on force and high spirits before the match. Ok it’s only a first round win of the round robin but we are entitled to feel good about it. Tipp and Liam Cahillcoming in 2 weeks time and we have nothing to fear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Good to see resolve of the team today. Was one way traffic after half time but the team stood up and rallied to stop the rot, won some frees and stay in the game.

Overall the accuracy was good compared to recent years.

More importantly the returning players did not get injured again! It will have done them well to have 70 mins done. Did paddy leavy get any minutes?

Will have to take it game by game as cork were poor and didnt show their full potential, not sure much can be taken from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

Good point, putting everything aside, it’s a game we could have ended up letting slip past us but the players dug deep and got the job done. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Gardner

What did I tell ye

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Deserved win for Waterford. Still not sure how good ye were because we were dog shite and only lost by a goal.

Nice little ground, surface looked very good. A complete joke that the terrace I was in - City end? - could not see what the score was due to the scoreboard being in a stupid location/angle. If they Angled it at a right angle to the pitch I reckon it could be seen then.

Beautiful day for the game. Parked in Mount Sion's pitch, nice set up in fairness, very well organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I've never been so delighted to be proven wrong. Fantastic and gutsy performance from all involved, ranks up there as one of the best displays in recent times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭Deiseen

• Registered Users Posts: 16 southsider11

Jamie, back to his old brilliant self...So great to see, and so great to see De Burca back as well. Lads, great display also by the two Lyons today, Darragh and Callum. Two vital points from Curran when he came on. And one of Montys better displays as well. Dessie did a great job on the frees. Well done to everyone. There was no bad performance. Up the Deise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Ian OB

Meanwhile, on social media

Advertisement