Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ppsn number

• 22-04-2024 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

I’m wondering if anyone knows about this but my son started a job and got tax letter saying that his ppsn was in use with another company ,the only think I can think about is that his father has the same name well kind of ? What should I do

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,032 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Where was your sin born? Did he get a PPSN as a child?

• .…

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭granturismo

It is possible to sort out. Contact Revenue asap.

My child brought her HSE card as proof of PPS to her first employer. It had two PPS numbers, hers and mine and the employer messed up and took my PPS as my daughter's. We copped on after about two months. Several months of emails to the employer's accountant, proved useless. A few emails to revenue resulted in Revenue emailing the employer to sort it out, but no luck. Both of us had to make an in person appointment with revenue and they sorted it out within a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Ladyinthedark

yes and he was born in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Is this his first job? If not, it's very likely his PPSN is just still associated with his last employment.

If it is his first job, it's likely that someone just made a mistake somewhere. Tell him to ring Revenue.

• Advertisement

okay thanks I just thought that like a bank account the ppsn won’t work for anyone else only the person it’s linked too and im so naive lol i thought that it needed the correct name and date of birth thanks

No not his first job at all I thought as I said to anyone person that replied that the ppsn was linked with your date of birth and name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Pistachio19

It may be just that the previous employer has not ceased his employment with them. He needs to check on his Revenue myAccount to see if this has been done. If not, all his tax credits will probably still be with the previous employer and he will end up being taxed too much in his new job until this is rectified.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Well then I'd bet the farm that he was just never officially ceased from that employment on the Revenue system. As P19 says, he can check and fix that online himself in a matter of minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,032 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It is. But sometimes mistakes can happen. And sometimes fraud happens to.

But in this case, its likely that his last employer just didn't cease him properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement