Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Personally, if I had just spent €41k or whatever on a new Highland, I would enjoy the car and stay off boards, facebook etc for a few months..🙂

So as not to see any more price decreases.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭boosabum

There is a way to get out of the purchase as others have said. A well know ev car seller talked be thorough it few months back mentioned he has cancelled orders for others and managed to get the 250 back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭PGE1970

No km charge in my agreement.

Region Specific Provisions. You acknowledge that you have read and understand the provisions applicable to you in the Region Specific Provisions included in this Agreement. This Agreement is entered into and effective as of the date you accept this Agreement, by electronic means or otherwise. By confirming and accepting this Agreement, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (EMEA - Ireland) Tesla Motors Ireland Limited, 92 Bracken Rd, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland (eircode D18CY92) T: +353 1 513 4727 M: EU-customerhappiness@tesla.com Tesla, Inc. ©2023 Page 5 of 8 Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (EMEA - Ireland) Tesla Motors Ireland Limited, 92 Bracken Rd, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland (eircode D18CY92) Page 6 of 8 T: +353 1 513 4727 M: EU-customerhappiness@tesla.com Tesla, Inc. ©2023 Region Specific Provisions Only if you (1) are a consumer; and (2) this Agreement was entered into by only using means of distance communication (such as online or over the phone), you may cancel your order subject to the conditions mentioned in the below instructions on withdrawal. Instructions on withdrawal Right of withdrawal You have the right to withdraw from this contract within 14 days without giving any reason. The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods. To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us Tesla Motors Ireland Limited, 92 Bracken Rd, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland (eircode D18CY92), +353 15134727, EU-customerhappiness@tesla.com of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory. To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired. Effects of withdrawal If you withdraw from this contract, we shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. We will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement. We may withhold reimbursement until we have received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest. You shall send back the goods or hand them over to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from this contract to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods. The cost is estimated at a maximum of approximately EUR 900. You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods. The return of the Vehicle after effective withdrawal can take place at the local Tesla Delivery Center where you took delivery of your Vehicle (for the name and address of the local Delivery Center, please see https://www.tesla.com/findus/list/services/Ireland. Motor Vehicle Order Agreement (EMEA - Ireland) Tesla Motors Ireland Limited, 92 Bracken Rd, Sandyford, Dublin 18, Ireland (eircode D18CY92) T: +353 1 513 4727 M: EU-customerhappiness@tesla.com Tesla, Inc. ©2023

Duplicate post

If (big if) I got something back, it's worth a go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,515 ✭✭✭eagerv

Fair enough, it's just I would be happy with what I have. After you take away the hassle, mileage plus other expenses it may not be as full a refund as expected.

I paid about €49k for my 2022 Model 3 RWD MIC when new. I don't regret it for one moment, the best car I have ever had. I have driven the new Highland and imo is better in almost all respects. And mine is a good 'un..

I absolutely get what you are saying.

If they met me half way, it would pay for a good night out 😉

If you don't ask, you don't get!!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

They absolutely will not negotiate. It will have to be a full return of the car within 14 days in line with the T&Cs and they will refund the amount less the allowable deductions. The downside is the length of time that I might take to get the refund and then needing to re-order again. Its worth bearing in mind also that a good portion of the reduction is the VRT rebate so any extras such as paint or wheels etc results in a much lower price difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,908 ✭✭✭✭listermint

3 grand is 3 grand. That's a holiday.

These are the types of conversations Tesla's idiocy in throwing price drops willy nilly will raise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

Prices change, Tesla and others, live with it. I would really hate if I had bought an ID.buzz for 70k and then saw the same van going for 43k some months later.

• Advertisement

Yada yada, poster has the option to hand it back. 3K is not to be sniffed at its alot of money to some. People can be flippant about what a couple of K is to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭sh81722

3k is probably the average price of the cars I bought pre EVs so fair play.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The €250 refund is standard practice. I’ve got mine back on a few occasions that I didn’t proceed with the order.

It’s in their T&C’s that it’s refundable.

They won’t give you “something” back. You’ll have to go through with the return and get your full money back (minus any charges) and then proceed to a new order.

Hopefully they haven’t messed up the new price and you can actually order and wait and then hole you have your refund in time to pay for the new car.

I would say it’s also worth the hassle for €3k. What will you actually gain after the charges though?

The fact that the buyer even has the option to do this is ludicrous. Any other brand would laugh at you!

No it's not, it's part of the directive they sign up to when they do remote selling. Any other brand that removes costs like this and goes to remote selling will have the same experience and results.

Entirely fair when you don't know what you're getting into. It gives the customer respite where large companies cut out their own operational costs.

Let's not give companies more power whilst getting more profits aye.. they've enough of that from the amazon's to the teslas

Part and parcel for the simple buying process.

They could remove a whole world of heart ache by making people come into the show room to place the deposit, or following a test drive (which both are not covered under the distance selling rules).

But we’re going back to the legacy dealership model then. Good, bad or indifferent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭User1998

On the plus side your car is worth just shy of 50% of that after 5 years of ownership. Thats very low depreciation for a brand new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,094 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Got rid of it in January for €26k. Just under 50% depreciation in four years is probably more or less what I was expecting when I bought it, was a very different world in November 2019 though.

That will be the deciding factor.

I'm in a lucky position that I'm covered by the distance selling regulations and have 11 days to deal with this. The only deduction mentioned in the order agreement is the return fee. I'm happy to drive to Sandyford so no fee arises.

The car has only done about 200kms and whatever else in the forthcoming days.

I've emailed Tesla and asked for any proposal that they might have given my rights and, respectfully, suggested that we can deal with this in a way other than me returning a car that I don't want to and that they don't want back.

It's not obvious what other fees that they might like to levy and I can't find anything that says that I can't buy another EV (Tesla or otherwise) and not qualify for a SEAI grant again.

But Elon Musk has deeper pockets than I and may wish to play financial chicken with me. We'll see how it goes.

• Advertisement

A poster handed back their car on here only a few months back. I can’t think of their username unfortunately but they will be able to tell you the exact figure you loose. Hopefully it’s worth while.

They may decide that anything over 100km is more than needed to assess the car and then seek to apply charges beyond that under the provision to recover up to €900 for the "diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods."

Based on how bad the customer service is in general, I wouldn't expect the process to be easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

The referral credits stop at end of the month. Make your move fast. We all have referral links 😂

Stay Free

They have no such restriction in the order confirmation.

I have contacted them on the next working day after collecting the car so it's not like I've used the car as a free hire to discover Ireland!

I absolutely agree that it won't be easy but nothing ventured, nothing gained!

The extract that you posted above specifies "You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods."

This would generally be taken to imply a limitation on the driving distance beyond a distance needed to assess the car and that contributes to the reduction in value when they want to resell the car. Whether they would use the previously expressed measure of 100km is not clear but I would imagine it's still indicative as to what they will take into account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Why are you handing it back?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Luna84

Tesla lowered the price of the M3 by 3 grand a day after he collected it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

with the RWD and LR now €38k v €50k (correct me if I’m mistaken), and the range of the new RWD looking far closer to the older battery LR than the official numbers suggest; am I right to say the LR now looks like poor value compared to the efficiency of the RWD plus a few public charges if needed?

Not if you're into the Performance of the LR and the Acceleration boost options and handling characteristics.

All a personal choice over the RWD.

Some people will pay more for it, others who treat cars as A-B boxes wont, same way people will pay more for a 335i over a 320i, an M3 over a 335i etc etc

• Advertisement

Even if they did apply a per km charge of 50c per km ( as an example) and I lose €250 over 500kms, it's still a no-brainer.

Advertisement