Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,146 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Fiiiinally back scoring from play… big step in the right direction at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,714 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Great result, but had we been on it, we could and probably should have improved the goal difference. Still, a win is a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Subs are showing why they started on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭patsy sally

That will do on to the next game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Nice to get back to winning ways again, and e comfortable at the end.

Has to be said that Klopp got it spot on with his selections on the team dropping the big names.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,415 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well done to everyone involved, good win. I wouldn’t think “corner turned” or anything and - irrespective - they’d need to win every game plus have City lose somewhere along the way. I don’t expect either of those things to happen.

But well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Fair play to the team.

Saved a few players minutes in the legs as well.

Everton are fairly safe imo but they'd be up for this regardless.

We go there with a bit of confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭jack747

Absolutely get in!! Unbelievable result given our form. Another massive game on Wednesday! Great to be still in the mix with 5 games to go.

Everton's win today and Luton's loss yesterday probably makes Everton safe now too, so the survival-pressure is slightly off them for Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,546 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

United to face City in FA Cup, after a penalty shoot out, no fairytale for Coventry. Hojlund scores the winning penalty, races off to celebrate, everyone on half way line turn around and walk the other way, weird.

I dunno who I want to lose that final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭klose

Everton will set up to frustrate Liverpool midweek, they’d love nothing more, they might be fairly safe from relegation now but that won’t change their mindset for that game.

Good result today, some decent goals and moments, far from back to our best but it’s perhaps a sign of a corner somewhat turned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Enzokk

I think we shouldn't underestimate that teams have "worked" out how to play against us. Sit deep and play for the break. Our problems seems to have been our own levels dropping just a little and not taking our chances which means the opposition can just sit back and play on the break. Once Fulham needed to press out a bit you could see the space open up and we looked very threatening again. Hopefully the good feelings will have returned for a very important week next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Fair play to Forest for calling out the Officials, they were denied 3 penalty, and it's not farfetched appeals, they were 3 penalties, clear as day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭antimatterx

They'll get a fine though for saying it how it is. The refs will be allowed continue to **** up indefinitely though.

• Advertisement

Midweek games could be vital, Chelsea are beginning to gel, not impossible they'd frustrate Arsenal, Everton away for us is easy on paper, they're not good, they won today, which is good.

City away to Brighton on a Thursday night under the lights on TV, a long trip for City, Brighton only lost two at home all season

Man City and what they represent, both through state ownership and cheating, are an existential threat to football - so that trumps regular footballing rivalries for me.

Also, maybe if Utd win they'll hang onto ETH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Carra was embarrassing on Sky Sports. Trying his best not to upset his masters

u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Forest made the mistake of accusing the VAR of being a cheat rather than simply totally incompetent. That will totally deflect from the mistakes. They’ll get the biggest fine ever handed out for ref moaning.

I dunno… he agrees that the reffing team was brutal. And it is perhaps a step too far to be complaining about refs being fans of other teams that aren't actually playing.

There should be consideration for a reffing team having perhaps implicit bias in the games they're reffing, but if you're starting to look at deviations further away than that then pretty soon you can probably rule most refs out of most games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Great result, hopefully that will get some confidence into the team again. Need to have Trent, Mac Allister, Gapko, Elliott and Jota playing as much as possible in the run in and minimise Nunez and Szoboszlai time on the pitch as both seem totally drained of confidence.

Everton will be more difficult than it appears on paper, they would love to end out title hopes and will be set -up to defend and hit us on the break. Would go with a similar team, with Mac Allister in for Gravenberch and maybe Salah in for Jota as I don't think Jota will be able to start again so soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Gakpo much better off the left. Where he usually played for PSV.

I think ETH is gone regardless what happens, even the way they won today was embarrassing for them, they were exceptionally lucky in the end. Tbh with the way they have gotten to the final, it looks like their name is on the cup. I'd prefer City to win it, as no one really cares if they win, whereas the United fans will be insufferable if they win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jota is just an elite finisher. How we have missed him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Trent changes everything.

The threat of his passing of all lengths, from all angles, brings uncertainty to the opposition that doesn't come otherwise.

Also, that crossfield pass is also so effective for destabilising defences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭Talisman

He has his moments, but he can also be totally frustrating to watch at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Important Win today that will hopefully boost Klopp and team for the games to come mid week. Was concerned when Fulham got level and the sloppiness was coming back into our play but thankfully 3 points in the bag.

I don’t think Chelsea are potent enough in attack to do any Damage to Arsenal in a few days but London derbies can always add some spice but City will have a tough away game to Brighton. They will still be heavy favourites but this is probably the 1 game that might catch them.

If City do drop points midweek but both arsenal and us win , I have some irrational fear that we’ll lose the league on GD which isn’t worth comprehending.

Minuter per goal goal in PL this season, 115 . Far ahead of Salah , Nunez, Diaz

We need Arsenal to drop points too, there's no way we'll overtake their GD, plus Arsenal have United and Everton in their last two matches, United won't want to do City or us any favours, plus will be saving themselves for the final and Everton will be safe, so the floodgates could open there especially if we are still in contention.

We have a similar GD to City, so if they drop points and we win all our matches, the GD will probably remain fairly similar, while I'd still expect City to outscore us, at least we'd have some chance of ending with a better GD than them, there's no hope of overhauling Arsenal's GD!

• Advertisement

Arsenal will definitely drop points. City are the only gig in town.

I believe we will probably drop points too.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

Ironically getting eliminated from the CL was Arsenal best chance of winning the league. Had they got into semis, I could have seen them spread too thin to their detriment in both competitions. Their game vs Villa last weekend a good example.

Now they have their reduced fixtures list and sole focus on league i could easily see them winning all their games. Not sure where the certainty they will drop points is so sure from.

I hope your right either way about arsenal but just don’t see it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭jones

I actually think he's the exact opposite to Nunez.

Nunez causes chaos for opposition teams and does have a lot of assists he's just not a reliable goal scorer for the chances he gets (and he often creates for himself). Jota is more of a old school goal poacher he can have no effect on a game and then score out of nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Chelsea have scored 25 in 9 games since we beat them, including a draw at City. They're still a bit all over the shop but they could give Arsenal a game

Then Arsenal still have Spurs and United away. Both basketcases too but well capable of upsetting Arsenal

Can't see Arsenal coming through all those unscathed. Fair play to them if they do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,306 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Jota is different to our other forwards, they'll try to dribble the ball around players, jota picks up the ball and just runs at or through defenders, it's definitely a part of why he gets injured some much. He likes the physical side of the game.

he’s a weird one though - sometimes he has that direct aggressive running style, but other times he’ll go weeks without taking anyone on, and just kinda play these safe ineffective passes around outside box. He’s always a decent finisher but he can have long spells where he doesn’t do anything else.

Whatever about Spurs and Chelsea, derby games so form goes out the window, United won't take any points off Arsenal, if Arsenal show up at all, they'll beat United easily. It's still hard to believe we failed to beat that United side in 3 attempts this season, a real black stain on Klopp's last season!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There was a moment yesterday, can't remember if it was 2-1 or 3-1, where Gomez received the ball centrally about 25 yards out...and he didn't shoot!

Corner turned...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think Jota is our best dribbler out of the forwards by a mile.

He is very efficient, never running into alleyways for the sake of it and is excellent at drawing fouls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Jones lacks courage in showing for the ball, I've been really impressed with Endo in that regard, albeit he had a couple or forgettable showings recently.

When we don't press, as has been the case, we're very average. We're easily got at, we end up neither pressing or sitting back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,983 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Jones has been a bit shaky since returning from injury into an already out of form team, he was playing much better and with much more confidence a few months ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,190 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ornstein saying that West Ham are trying for Amorin, and a Liverpool move looks unlikely.

Who will Liverpool actually go for?

Rumours that West Ham might go for Amorim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

UI'm not too optimistic about our near future. Without Alonso, I can't see any manager that can stay long term and continue our success. The glory days are coming to an end. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Armorin deal/ or another could be done and it's being kept quiet until season ends ,, I know they have denied it but sure what else would you expect.

Honestly don't know where they go if, as reported, Amorim is unlikely. Seems like the most exciting name we've been linked to but there isn't one sure/safe bet out there unlike Klopp last time around. Since Alonso decided to stay, Amorim's been the name I've been most energised by. Inzaghi apparently doesn't speak English - he'd be exciting also. We'll just have to get used to being linked/unlinked with managers I suppose until it's done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Whoever it is will be in for a tough time. If you saw the pessimism at the start of the last few seasons, basically from when we finished 2nd with 97 points, each year it was doom and gloom for our prospects. Add in Klopp leaving and a new manager coming in, it is going to be a little grim and tough for the new manager.

You really want to be the next manager after that, to pick up from whoever comes next and is inevitably booted out because they did not meet our high expectations.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Robert2014

Moyes it is! - The chosen one again :)

He's coming home

He's coming home

Rafa's coming home

• Advertisement
Advertisement