Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Wow, what a weekend. Just wonderful. I am exhausted.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Todays max

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

There was a nice example of a Sun Pillar here just outside Castlebar around 9pm. The Contrail was from a 747 westbound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Ireland on Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Amazing one from Reddit, looks like it was taken from the ISS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭DumbBrunette

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Needmoretea

It's amazing the variation of temperatures accross the counties. It's been a fantastic weekend, a tiny cool breeze but lovely blue skies. People wearing either warm jackets or t-shirt and shorts. Another nice and slightly hazy morning in Dublin 9

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Tried to spend much of the amazing weekend weather outside to make the most of it as it's been far too long, despite having a cold from being out last week capturing aurora in the breezy cold conditions.

Too much to name so here's a collage of my weekend weather experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

what a glorious weekend a glimpse on what life could be like! I genuinely think people had forgotten what the sun and a bit of heat and brightness looked like. What I wouldn’t give for a few months of this. Absolutely loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

maybe the weather station was moved?
    Might have been in a low spot previously and moved to a level spot with wind blow through or something?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

after an amazing weekend it's back to chilly and cloudy here in Meath but at least it's dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

It’s gone cool enough and grey in south Dublin with a slight breeze, but after that weekend I’ll settle for this.
    @syranbruen your pictures are fantastic- love that cherry tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Out the back this morning in Galway and what a difference in yesterday a cold breeze today but its getting a bit warmer now. at 10.30am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Cooler today and overcast. Locally Saturday was best in terms of sunshine. Was cloudy for a good chunk of yesterday afternoon before brightening up again the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭almostthere12

South of Cork city, hit 19.3C a half an hour ago, back at 18.5C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

As nice as it was, it was still fairly chilly on the east coast at night and at times during the day but that’s what you’d expect for April.

I really hope we get more weekends like the one just gone throughout the summer when it will get that bit warmer - land and sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rain Spreading From The West

Cloudy and cool here in Dundalk today. Big contrast with yesterday and Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

It's now 70hours since we had rain in Sligo. Our driest spell since January. Not much in the forecast till the weekend. It may become cool but it will be mostly dry here. Some drizzle tonight might break the "drought" though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

A 6C drop in temperature between this time yesterday and today. Jumpers and jackets back on today with a chilly spell to last till about the end of the month. Managed to get the garden cut only for the 3th time this year but with low temperatures over the coming week there probably won't be much in the way of grass growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,540 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Lovely morning here, clouded over since with a north breeze.

Luckily our garden is sheltered from that direction so it's quite pleasant out doing some gardening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

4th lovely dry day in a row in Galway. Zero rain and 16C with a gentle breeze. Great drying weather. The swallows are back too.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Doing very well in Kerry with blue skies and up around 17C and feeling quite warm in Tralee Town. Some dense fog patches this morning but burnt off quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

After a glorious couple of days, much cooler today although i have stayed strong and still in shorts.(and a hoody)

12c , N.Kildare

Here's the dates of the first and last 20C for every year from 1991-2024.

1991-2020 avg for first: 23rd April

1991-2020 avg for last: 5th October

Earliest on record: 8th March 1948

Latest on record: 4th November 1946

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

cold and cloudy in Dublin City Centre

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

It felt much colder than the 12C today in Dublin/Kildare, with the Northerly breeze. Grateful it was dry, but what a let down from the glorious weekend. I haven't enjoyed a weekend of weather so much since late May or early June last year.

I was only saying it was probably the best weekend since the June Bank Holiday last year though 2nd/3rd September were also spectacular, especially the 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I remember the good weather in September alright - it lasted a full week more or less. Too hot for me to really enjoy it though! I'm happiest with the low-to-mid teens temps and blue skies.

Advertisement