Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 weesmurf33

As long as its still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Anonymous4321

you made it seem like someone from the 2020 campaign for example could be in GV, drop out and then join the 2021 campaign merit list.

Nope. You read it wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭NeeNaw21

So just to clear things up.

There are many people who applied in one campaign and scored quite low on the merit list. So when the next campaign came out they applied again and again made it to merit list.

Theoretically if someone went into GV on the first campaign and for whatever reason left training.

As long as they remained as a live candidate in the 2nd campaign then yes they can get back into GV but it will just be in merit order according to the new merit list

You're talking about a general policy of leapfrogging which just doesn't exist.

If you know someone that has some how leap frogged then you're grossly misrepresenting their circumstances and it's for the organisation to make the decision and has nothing to do with anyone else except that student officer and the service. It's not disgraceful it's not unfair as they were still appointed on a fair and open competitionin the first place.

And as an employer or ex- employer it is reasonable for the PSNI to exercise it's statutory duty of care to that employee. And if the execution of that statutory duty of care involves reinstatement then so be it.

It doesn't affect anyone else in the process. It doesn't negatively impact employment prospects for any other person.

Post edited by weesmurf33 on

• Advertisement

Have you ever heard of sick leave? What if someone become really ill when at GV and had to leave but still wanted the job. Its only fair that they are able to rejoin again at a later stage instead of being made to apply and go through the whole process again. And if you care so much about the information why don’t you submit an FOI request?

Anyways. How's the waiting room for everyone?

..........….

.…..

.….

Post edited by weesmurf33 on

• Registered Users Posts: 25 kaligsd65

• Registered Users Posts: 20 smiler845

haha.. I’d hope the fast majority of us will be progressing through the remaining stages within the next 12mths! Budget pending! 🤞🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 randomstringofnumbers

So for the guys who are starting do you get an email to say you are appointable or do you just get word back you passed your medical and thats it till you get a call to start.

I've all the managed stages done and confirmed as passed but wondering if its just waiting on a phone call now?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

you don’t get an email to say appointable but if you email them to confirm they will confirm with you then

• Registered Users Posts: 4 randomstringofnumbers

Ah right, good man. I'll email them later to make sure. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zetap

Still nothing for me, waiting and waiting and waiting lol zzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greedent

Has anyone applied for the Custody Officer positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kelsogi

HAs anyone failed the PCA and know what happens there?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭psnaye2023

Not failed it but I believe you get to attend a number of support sessions then have a retest around 12 weeks later to give you time to prep. If you haven’t actually failed but are just wondering I highly recommend doing the familiarisation so you know exactly what to do on the day. I think if you’re even half fit the biggest threat is messing up the obstacles and losing time that way. Can only speak for my assessment but on the part I did fail (climbing under the landrover door) they took their sweet time correcting it so I lost ~10 seconds waiting for him to fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 new2022scs

I failed first time round, passed on second attempt! Sessions are absolutely amazing

Is there anything more than whats on the youtube video such as a push-pull machine etc? Or is it just the obstacle course?

Just the obstacle course, the video is not a representation of how fast to go, it's edited & the person is going at a steady speed to show how to do each obstacle. U need to go at your absolute maximum on all 3 laps. Sprints will help, 100m .

• Advertisement

Yh I remember timing her on the video and multiplying it by 3 and she would have failed lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kelsogi

What is the best option to prep? So far ive only trained weights but after attending the familiarisation this week I believe its going to be more cardio! I have 1 week and v nervous

I done 2 hiit workouts a week & played 5 aside, walked miles & miles.....I was NOT cardio fit!

Sprints are essential. Please message me if u needs any help

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zoo234

In all honesty you're not going to get much fitter in a week. Don't start going for long runs now. You're likely to be fatigued and may even get injured prior to the PCA.

Maybe a sprint session or two but nothing within a few days prior to the test. Just give it everything and empty the tank. You'll surprise yourself 🤟

No you don't.

Evidence. Passed it to get in. Passed in to get out of GV. Passed it twice after GV.

And comfortably each time.

I'm not mega fit. I am exactly average in height and build.

You need to your maximum laps 1 and 3.

Use lap 2 to get your breath back but you're still going 75/80%

You go too fast you make mistakes.

Mistakes costs time.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭crazyfire999

100% agree.

In regards to the pay scale. Does anyone know if each rank has its own individual pay scale? And if so, is the point you are on based on how many years service you have, or how long you have been at that rank?

So, for example, say a sergeant was only in for 5 years, would they have to wait until they had reached the top of the constable pay scale (7 years + additional year to move to point 2) or would they move to point 2 after their first year as a sergeant has elapsed?

Post edited by Anonymous4321 on

Once you are in rank you start climbing that scale.

For Constable your increment date is the anniversary date of attestation

For other ranks it's anniversary of the date promotion came into effect.

To answer your query no you don't have to wait until you've maxed the constablescale. If that was the case you could be in the position where you were managing people being paid more than you which doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 smiler845

Anyone know when PSNI get their budget for 24/25?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Newsoph3

anyone doing the online learning? How long did it take you?

Advertisement