Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

It's actually mental how much of a monumental national event it is when we have clear skies for 2 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

It was very humid indeed but I absolutely loved it. The relatively high humidity made for some beautiful misty mornings which are my favourite. If I remember correctly, the average dew point temperature for Casement was at least a degree above any of the recent heatwave periods since 2013 and May/June 2023 dry spell including the July 2021 heatwave which was previously the most humid. Makes sense as September is naturally a more humid month giving way to those autumn mists and mellow fruitfulness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Yes the weekend was perfect. Temperatures in the mid teens , clear skies and low humidity. Pleasant warmth during the day and cool at night a perfect combination . A sunny dry day in April can be very pleasant indeed. Give me that over temperatures in the mid 20s and high humidity any day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Far too cold in the shade for me. 22 degrees and low 60s humidity is my nirvana.

Yes that's not bad either. Anything over about 22c or 23 c just seems to drain the energy out of me especially if coupled with high humidity. Heat and humidity just makes me grumpy.

The most perfect day for me would have been Xmas eve / Xmas day 2010. Clear skies ,snow on the ground and max temperatures below zero. Blissful. Sunday Feb 10th 1991 another blissful day, clear skies, snow on the ground and max temperatures around zero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Great. Thanks for compiling that. Yesterday was the first 20c of the year, just 2 days earlier than the 1990-2020 average date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Fabulous full moon tonight.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Robwindstorm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭yagan

Warm enough to sit out looking at the moonlight over cork harbour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

Quite a widespread and “sharp” frost for it being almost May on Friday morning

By 2pm it’s very cold 2/3c across parts of central and western Ulster. 10c towards the South

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Very pleasent morning, sun is out, 10c, feels warmer in direct sun sitting out the back garden. Looks like being a nice day ahead.

N.Kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A cloudy start here in Castlebar but the sun is coming through now with a nice afternoon ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

This madness of sun for 2 consecutive days must stop . A friend I've known 30 years called up on Sunday in shorts. First time I've ever seen him in shorts 😨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,633 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Lovely morning in the midlands

More gardening

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Ha 😄! Plenty of red heads around the last couple of days, no fear of it this morning though, cool enough under the overcast sky but grand and dry out on the land, taking to farmers and still very few cattle out, ground slow to dry out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,886 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

They'll need a week or so to dry out and get out. Local silage farmers are getting worried. Everything will need to go right from here on out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Lovely spring day, 14c although with the positoining of the sun at this time of year feels warmer than that.

N.Kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

beautiful in dublin this afternoon, can't wait to finish work and get out in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

17°c Waterford Airport at 4:30pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Nearly a week of dry weather in Galway. Cloudier today but still lovely, especially for April.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

There's definitely warmth in the sun today, and the inside of cars was really heating up. But a cooling breeze makes it chilly in the shade. A lovely day though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Good sunshine but a very cool fresh breeze blowing in Trim, Meath. My winter jacket is most certainly required as I currently walk the dog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Plenty of clear skies to see a beautiful full Moon rising just after 8.40pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

I got into my car after work and it was like a sauna, it was bliss!

Yeah it was a bit chilly alright in shade but another bone dry day, it's amazing!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Cleared up lovely in the later afternoon here in Kerry to nice bright skies and a bit of warmth in the sun. Staying bright this evening if a bit cool but grand when pottering about in the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

I have a diary from 1990 when I used ro record rhe weather daily. The last week of April saw temps upto 24 to 26C. 34 years ago that was when global warming wasn't even known about. The point I'm making is don't think this week is anything but average. 15 to 18C was kind of the max, with high pressure close by that was actually quite ordinary!! Anyway back down to 10 to 13C by Friday with night frosts which is very poor indeed for end of April

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

I think what’s making this week stand out is just how bad it’s been pretty much continuously since last September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

The weekend was nothing special but that doesn't take away from it feeling bliss, especially after such a long period of wind and rain. Don't always need an exceptional warm spell or heatwave for it to be grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement