Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 - V3.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭CivilEx

If I was the next person receiving a car that had (let's say) 750km on the clock, would I pay full retail for it or consider it to be new?

Perhaps I would as long as the €3k discount applied and the full warranty was in place. No issues with handing back so close to the sale, but just trying to "game out" in my head what the next purchaser of the car might be willing to pay....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

no, it will go into inventory as CPO and discounted accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭CivilEx

What sort of discount would CPO typically have on the comparable retail price?

No idea to be honest. It could be €3k cheaper or it could be €5k or indeed €1k!

It would have to be significant enough to make it worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭sk8board

yeh, I’ve zero interest in the performance improvements - it’s already a 6sec family saloon car.

€12k buys a lot of supercharging if you needed it, and still get probably 85% of the real world range

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,963 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Once Tesla brought the SR/SR+/RWD battery from 50kWh to 60kWh and especially when they used LRP batteries you can charge to 100% the difference between the two does not justify the price difference WHEN IT COMES TO RANGE.

The LR still wins on AWD, acceleration, acceleration boost, charging speed and audio

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Model 3 Performance available now for €61,091 in white. New wheels, new seats and adaptive suspension is nice.

Not sure it’s worth that now that the RWD is €39k. Seal AWD is €51k.

Tough competition this time around.

Nice upgrade from my Fremont M3P but I don’t think it’s worth the financial outlay to upgrade personally……

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Luna84

Just went on the website and was wondering how it was listed cheaper before going up in price. Does not qualify for the grant.

edit: Just on the Tesla website I actually think the new price drop is a mistake as the VRT is wrong on the RWD model.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭innrain

It is the second time I read the VRT mistake so I looked a bit deeper into the issue.

Based on some combinations on both Model Y and 3 I deduced the VRT reduction to follow the equation

VRT rebate =3100 - 0.31* (OMSP -40k), 40k<OMSP,50k 

why this particular slope I don't know but based on this and the OMSP for the cheaper Model 3 is 41,113.22 VRT rebate is 2,754.90 VRT@7% from OMSP = 2,877.93 Subtract the rebate ⇒ VRT payable = 123.03

Unless there is a mistake on the whole website for all combinations I think the 123 amount for the VRT is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭jiminho

Yeah I think Tesla are in some ways shooting themselves in the foot with their pricing and how the features in each model are differentiated. You get a lot of car for the RWD version. Dont get me wrong, I really like the look of the Performance. The subtle external mods plus the frankly insane acceleration for that price range but does it warrant the 23k price difference (~60%), hell no. It’ll be interesting to see if many over here go for it because I think once you get past that 60k mark, they might be looking for a different type of motor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭DrPsychia

I'm very disappointed they didn't increase the horsepower output of the performance M3. The battery must be at its limit. Performance figures haven't changed.

I'm seeing conflicting horsepower figures on the tesla site. Tesla US says the car has more than 500hp (Marques brownlee quotes 510hp). Tesla Ireland says the car has 460hp… maybe they made a mistake quoting the LR horsepower instead of performance?

Post edited by DrPsychia on

yes I seen the differing BHP figures. That should be static across the geographical location I would imagine.

The 3.1 to 100 hasn’t changed from the older model so somethings at the limit alright. Unless they are holding back an acceleration boost or something 🤷

Edit. 0-60mph of 2.9 is deffo quicker. It was 3.1 so must have been 3.3 to 100kmh for the older model.

Post edited by Gumbo on

Will the Seal AWD be your next car given the performance figures hasn't changed? I wonder if BYD will release a performance Seal🤔

It’s certainly a competitor. I said that a few months ago that BYD are not calling the excellence model a “performance” model so they may have something up their sleeve in that regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Bovakinn

In the CO2 information panel it lists the power as 461kW, I assume in the "unleashed performance" section they forgot to convert it to HP.

Post edited by Bovakinn on

remember back in 2019, we saw the M3P as a half price BMW m3, and the SR+ was your 320d (in terms of sales volumes, so to speak). Was the M3P €75k ish back then?

If you look at it through that lens, it’s always going to be a niche low volume model - except now it’s both cheaper and better in every way.

Yes. About €79k is the number on my white 2020 M3P with white interior and EAP.

Edit. Here’s the original pricing on some document in my account. I didn’t buy brand new though.

5 years on, it now costs less than a well spec’ed 320d - the market has turned on its head really

+1

It’s an extremely good value car for that segment of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,937 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

.. deleted… PS

• Advertisement

Tesla is quoting the combined maximum power output for each motor. But the actual power delivered by both motors at any one time is not the same.

A 2023 Model 3 performance uses the 3D3 motor for the front. Total output is 137kw(184hp) @ 6390rpm - Peak power is produced at 90km/h.
    The 3D6 powered the rear motor. Max output is 220kw(295hp) @ 5000rpm - peak power produced at 77km/h. (Source based off Tesla China owner's manual from 2023: https://evcentral.com.au/tesla-mystery-solved-exactly-how-much-power-your-model-3-and-model-y-produces-in-australia-revealed/ )

This gives us a total HP output of 479hp.
    If you look on the subsystems sections of Tesla Taiwan owners manual you'll see the previous gen M3P has a rated peak power of 450hp.
    That's a difference of approx. 6.24%.
    137kW(front motor) - 6.24% = 128.4512kW (172hp)
    220kW(rear motor) - 6.24% = 206.272kW (276hp)
    Total output = 449hp

Now for the case of the M3HP. They upgraded 4th generation rear motor which generates more continuous(22%) and peak power(32%). Peak power for the latest generation motor should be around 290kW(389hp).

M3HP uses the same front motor, so 290kW(389hp) + 137kW(184hp) = 427kW or 572.6hp total combined output for Made in China cars using LG 79kWh battery.
    There's approx. 23% difference between the theoretical peak max(572hp) and actual output(450hp). It doesn't make sense to me if we were supposed to get the upgraded motor and retaining the same battery. Performance is rated the same as previous M3P. I'm assume the advertised upgraded motor peak power gain was measured using the Panasonic battery.
    Maybe I'm fudging the maths🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Conar

I did a half hearted trade in enquiry for my Aug 23 M3P 15.8k kms) to see what they'd give me in case there was an option to get the new version.

I got offered 34700.

That's plenty low enough to stop me from considering it. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

so I had a test drive in a standard model 3 the weekend and was doing some numbers as I’m tempted to go ahead with the purchase.Although when I add the stealth gray colour which is advertised as €2000 the actual total cost jumps by €3225 because of some VRT malarkey I don’t understand. I really don’t want the white version and was willing to pay €2000 for the stealth gray but now I’m debating if it’s worth €3225 extra. Am I reading the numbers right? Seems like a big VRT jump just for an optional extra paint job.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Summer2020

You’d surely get a wrap less than the increase in price to go gray

Yeah I did consider that but the wraps have a relatively short lifespan and I would rather just get the factory stealth grey. Maybe I’ll just wait a few months as the prices seem all over the place right now! Did they ever offer other colours free as standard for a few months previously or am I thinking about the white interior.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

The blue is €1,300 if you really don't want white. Order with a referral before the 30th to get your 3 months enhanced autopilot. They really should be doing better with referral rewards, but it's better than nothing. I wanted to try enhanced autopilot, but they removed it as an option for referrers.

I used credits to get roof rack and installed today :)

Stay Free

All colours increase the VRT including blue albeit not as much but you still pay more than €1300.

The standard model in stealth gray currently comes in at €41,832.

am I right in saying this would have been 3k more last week meaning €44,832?

anyone have experience with this or is it only the white version which actually had the full 3k price reduction.

thanks

The differences are the VRT that’s applied to extras. Unless the paint is the one that’s free, then the price of the car is more, and then VRT added

• Advertisement

Advertisement