Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA 2K23

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭joficeduns1

I'm not too surprised being shortest off the tee, I pulled the 3 wood out a lot for safety (and once by mistake). I value the approach angle and distance a lot to help gain strokes. Just ended up leaving a lot of putts low of the hole.

I'll throw in the Irish Open for an event suggestion. Royal County Down golf course for September 12-15th.

Jfiddy

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Romero

Thanks for the Major suggestions lads, I will do my best to work them into the schedule. For these events do we want to do the same format as the Masters with 4 rounds and use all 4 tee and pin positions? I think you all were happy with the challenges each round brought during the Masters.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

Also, I’ve noticed you use the 1 flag positions most comps.

Is that because we got stung with that quare round at the mad Irish course where some of the pins were ‘video game’ positions ?

Also happy with the longer events for Majors.

I'm convinced this game knows when you need a score and plays mind games with you. Needed an eagle to pip Corcaigh on the 18th and ended up this close on approach. Birdied from there to draw level for the two rounds.

That was a tough chase Corcaigh! The scoring was relentless and just slowed up for me on the last 5 or 6 holes with mostly pars.

Jfiddy

• Advertisement

Mad to see some of you guys using the 3 click method.

Been playing golf games for over 30 years and I much prefer the stick swing.

Fangee

Yes that course screwed us over with pin position so outside of majors I go with pin position 1 and that's what most course reviewers use on YouTube so it's a safe bet Pin 1.

I can change this if you want to risk it for a biscuit. I also go for the two longest tees in standard events

I know it really isn't that great putting is a disaster with 3 click the amount of times I lip out or three put really wrecks my head

Going along nicely and quadruple boogie in the first round recover nicely and another quadruple boogie on a different hole of the second round after which I lost the will to live 😢

Is that where I’m getting my putting edge ?

What is the ratio of people here using click swing or stick swing ?

I’m using stick.

Fangee

Post edited by fplfan12345 on

• Advertisement

I think you can usually choose any pin position and it’ll be fine.

I think that particular course was made as a bit of a jokey course so we just got unlucky.

I think including more 3 and 4 pin positions could be a good challenge.

Wow.

I shot a 58 on the first round to lead by 7.

Then proceeded to shoot a 73 on my second round. Only needed to shoot a -6 to win. Some turn around.

Fangee

So in the old days we call hitting a perfect shot (timing) hitting it ‘on the money’.

Obviously if you hit too early or late you cut or sliced it.

With the ‘right stick’ system you only have to hit it ‘on the money’ once. You pull down to get your distance and then push it up to hit it ‘on the money’ which is always ‘12 o’clock’ on the swingometer.

So when using the 3 clock system do you guys have to hit it on the money 3 times ?

Fangee

Yeah you'd click and hold to build power (timing on the hold release is needed) and then two further clicks to get your swing timing right. If you mistime the second click you can kind of save it by adjusting your third, if they form a straight-ish line you can recover a shot.

It's my first golf video game so I just went with the first option that came up. I'd be hesitant to change now 😅

Fun Friday rounds at the Homestead, playing pretty easy. I feel like you have to go for the play over the trees on the 18th, loft it up and send it.

Corcaigh with the 250+ yard eagle, unreal!

I'm 4 events now bogey free, which is due to end now that I've said it.

Yep, bogeyed the 17th in round 2 of Club Ire. The links undulations leave an awful lot of luck to play for don't they? It was a nice change from the last few weeks.

Incredible. I had a 2 shot lead teeing off on the 17th and also managed a bogey there.

Then had a 12-15 foot putt to win it, with a par, on the last.

Also agree with you that those courses (with undulating fairways) make for a more interesting course. You have to focus on every shot.

Great course choices from @Romero

Fangee

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

went from +4 in R1 to -8 in R2

if only i could be consistent :D

Fantasy Course Fallen Kingdom next up for a change

Nearly caught corcaigh messed up on the final hole should have gone out left instead went straight at it and ended up getting a par instead of a birdie. Still an improvement for me 😎

Post edited by Romero on

Fallen Kingdom was fun, I only got one round in yesterday not sure if it's still up for completion.

The obstacles were gas, forced you to get a bit creative. I'll admit there's a bit of luck with this approach.

• Advertisement

Next major set up for next weekend The PGA Championship at Valhalla. 4 rounds over 3 days. Don't know if this is a good representation of the course but it's the most played in the game and the greens are pretty tough on the test round I played.l, so hoping you all enjoy it.

Class shot. Nice idea. Luck works both ways so I try not to pay too much attention to it.

It seems to be only 2 rounds unless I’ve misunderstood ?

The real event or the one I set up in the game as I made sure to set the four rounds using all 4 pins and tees? I will check this evening

Maybe I’ve made a mistake Romero. I thought I tried to play round 3 but it didn’t seem to take me there.

We talking about the PGA next weekend 4 rounds 72 holes? At Valhalla?

I’ll have to look at it again. Probably my mistake.

Yeah. I just looked again. My mistake. I seen the word ‘Major’ in the course title and just assumed it was the next major.

I can now clearly see Valhalla for 4 rounds on the 17th. Doh.

There's plenty of scores on offer at Navapii. Tied with Corcaigh after round 1 at -14 and I burned the edge a few times.

• Advertisement

Sunk a 49 foot putt to win it by 1.

Advertisement