Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2023/24

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

We've won a game huzzah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Very good all round last night, albeit with some luck on the second. Gallagher was very good, as was Caiceido. We have a tough run coming up, so we need some form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭bullpost

Looking a lot more positive now. Team beginning to gel . Hopefully we can kick on from here now.

Annnnd breathe!

Most bonkers game I've seen. Spurs running rings round us until they scored. Then it all unravelled for them. We did not look good at all against 9 men. But somehow Jackson walks away with a hattrick! Bonkers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll do him the world of good, he won't care how they go in as long as they do!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Oh for sure, and against Spurs in a derby certainly won't hurt his confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,745 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

3 point lane, never a doubt 😅

Was a wild game, but we were helped by the naïve approach of Ange sticking with the high line. Their keeper and our poor passing kept them in it for a while. Laughable that he is getting congratulated for his approach. Should have sat back and tried to defend their point and there was a good chance we wouldn't have scored

Thought I'd recovered from the spurs game but Holy sh!t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Killinator

That's some week of football!!!

Brilliant game. Thought we were done at 3-4 but great comeback. Palmer been fantastic so far , some cojones to take that penalty in those circumstances for a young lad.

Anyone else think we might get a win tonight?! I've this strange feeling of hope that we'll come away with 3 points.

No matter who is manager it always seems to be 1 step forward 2 steps back 😣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Garzorico

A ton of dead wood in the team. I think Silva has become a major problem in the team. Mistake after mistake and it’s feeding through the whole back line.

Nkuknu looks quality after 30mins watching him but the rest of the players I am not so sure. Team, state, manager, players…could be any of those that is the problem but I suspect it’s all of the above.

Dreamt we scored six goals in the semi-final of a cup last night. It was a dream - right?

Be nice to play with that much pace against Villa on Friday, but its a short turnaround

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭InsideEdge

I think you are being very harsh. Silva, while slow, is our most experienced player and defender and without him organising the defense Chelsea would be in a much worse position. He is there to develop the likes of Colwill, Badiashile and Desasi. You seem to be writing off all the players apart from Nkunku? That is mad, these are young players who need time to develop and they will get better, Poch has proven to be a good coach of younger players and needs time to bring them along. There seems to be some Chelsea fans who think we should be immediately challenging for the league just because we spent a lot of money, that's not the way it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭InsideEdge

Having Chilwell at left back and Colwill in centre defense made a huge difference to how we attacked Middlesboro and I hope we see that again tomorrow night. The team looked a lot better balanced on Tuesday once the first 10 minutes were out of the way.

• Advertisement

I thought we could have done worse than sign Henderson tbh. Old heads needed to guide that team as you say.

Come on you Blues

We had our chances but inability to finish and lots of unforced errors did for us. Palmer seemed very subdued I thought.

Needed that this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,603 ✭✭✭grumpymunster

Not been in here for a while but just a query, what the hell has happened to us. We used to be a team with heart seems to be missing totally it is really disheartening

Was thinking same as I watch that last night. Leeds bossed that game for large sections of it. We are a young team but not sure we'll see anything emerge to match the glory years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭kalych

We are a team devoid of experience. When we we don't immediately score a quick goal or encounter a team that has any semblance of a game plan our young players just lose confidence and teamplay falls apart.

In my opinion we need to buy some experience to guide them. These could be players on the way down, like Henderson, who wont necessarily cost a huge amount but would come in for their experience rather than their skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

No leaders/experienced players on the pitch. Silva can only so so much while in defence.

It will click eventually, but we need someone to lead them on the pitch. Grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

Good win and decent performance last night. The more I watch, the better our midfield and forwards get and the worse our defence gets. Caicedo is coming along nicely and him and Fernandez were excellent again. Few easier home games coming up so hopefully get some wins and get towards Europe

Yep. Though opposition not up to too much and still could have scraped a draw. But hopefully we are building in confidence and great to see a bit of passion in the tackles also last night.

• Advertisement

Wow. Cole Palmer.

Cole Palmer strikes again.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

As long as I’ve supported Chelsea tonight has to be the most embarrassing, Arsenal 5-0 , it was a shambles from start to finish and our illustrious leader left it till it was over as a game to try and stem the flow .

no heart , no passion , nothing shown by a single player on the pitch , 100 million pound players playing there this evening wouldn’t be fit to lace some of the youth or ladies team boots on that showing .

disgusting showing that was , totally unacceptable.

Yep - Not sure where they'll go from here but dont think Poch will survive that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

I was saying to a fellow Chelsea fan on Wednesday , name one player that has improved under Poch ?

Palmer has but thats only because he is getting game time , nearly every single other player has taken a step backwards , im shocked at how bad some have become , Moses and Enzo look championship level the last few games , Jackson wouldn't get a run in SPL on his last few showings .

The defence is a total shambles , after a good showing last Saturday why change the back line up ? they couldn't be tired .

It couldn't be argued he didn't always give his all, for any team he played with!

Tuened into a good season after all 😝

Good win . Odd interview with Poch afterwards, doesnt seem to be much communication between him and owners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭peter4918

why do you think there should be much communication with him and the owners? The less interference from them day to day the better, let him get on with the job. After todays result I think something is clicking and he is the right man for next season.Listening to some of the players they are buying into his methods so they can only improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Buy a few older experienced heads who are good leaders, and Chelsea will be a different beast next year. The personalities of those coming in is nearly even more important than their ability. The squad is talented enough, but just so young and lacking someone to set standards and keep them focused - the benefits of a Milner type (not him specifically, a bit auld now!) would be huge.

Oh, and a striker.

I think he should be kept but its been reported from "inside" sources that his relationship with the owners has broken down. His body language and answers in that interview would lead you to believe there is something to that. Hope I'm wrong.

If we somehow finish 6th this season with the ups and downs we've had (new manager in,, a bunch of young prospects all thrown in to the Prem for the first time ever) we absolutely have to hold on to Poch, thin out the squad a bit and get one or two more experienced Prem heads in the dressing room.

The talents there, the consistency isn't. Give Poch time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Narrow loss in the league cup final, similar in the FA cup semi. Remarkably might end up in Europe and, Arsenal game aside, on a decent run in the league. I'd be happy with another year of Poch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

There's been improvements, yes we've been inconsistent but its a young team with no experience in it, Arteta is at Arsenal 4-5 years, Klopp had 9 years…success doesn't come overnight, this is only the start of something, the man hasn't been there a year and there is talk of sacking him, its ridiculous.

It would be a big mistake getting rid of him now, replacing managers constantly worked under Roman because it was a well oiled machine with lots of big, experienced players in it, getting rid will only set us back imo.

The issue with finance is that we have to sell our 'own' players meaning that Gallagher will probably be sold this summer which would be a shame but probably unavoidable as the newer players on big, long contracts are basically unsellable.

Are we in a very real danger of finishing 6th?!

I'd have taken anything about 10th this season after last seasons abomination.

If we Finish 6th I'd be delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ronjo

• Advertisement

Ah no, that's too far up the table.

6th-7th be grand this season!

Advertisement