Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Nkencho shooting *Mod warning Added to OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Kraftwerk wrote: »
    The last I seen of the original one it had reached about 22k, the target was changed to 30k and the description changed from helping pay for the funeral to help cover legal fees.

I doubt they will have legal fees. Will this qualify for free legal aid?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Masala

The last I seen of the original one it had reached about 22k, the target was changed to 30k and the description changed from helping pay for the funeral to help cover legal fees.

There was a second one that was at about 1500 quid too. At one point there were 9 pages but only the first two were funded.

I presume the first two were cashed out.

I see another GFM page for his funeral...... yer man is aiming for €5,000 to cover the funeral. How many funerals can a guy have??

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Are the schools not doing their bit, ok, parents too ? But when we live in a society that shows young people defending and sympathizing with a fûcking lunatic who had a knife, stabbing or cutting somebody with it, attacking Gardai with it.... over his poor victims...

I’m loathe to think what state this country will be in , in about 25 years when these fûcking knuckle headed woke muppets have a vote and a say in the running of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,048 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

sonofenoch wrote: »
    'As a white Irish mother with children of Nigerian heritage I felt compelled to speak out.'

cough cough ahem say no more

Does she feel compelled to stand up for Nigerian children accused of witchcraft and made to live as outcasts in Nigerian communities living off of scraps and beaten and chastised for the bad luck they supposedly bring?

On the whole, Ireland is a much safer and more tolerant place to be a Nigerian than Nigeria itself particularly in light of the real police brutality Nigerian people face in their own country on a daily basis (12 protestors shot dead by police in Lagos in October of last year for example).

Nigerian government officials making statements about police brutality in Ireland are utterly contemptible when this is taken into consideration.

Ireland is not an institutionally racist country and our police force aren't either.

George Nkencho was a troubled man who made some dreadful decisions leading to his death but he wasn't shot for being black. Anyone who can't comprehend that is not worthy of being listened to.

Glazers Out!

Some lad on rte tommy tiernan talking about the woes of being a black irish citizen from guess where in all the coutries of africa???...NIGERIA....home of the infamous 419 email scam fraud amongst other things..quite the flair for self pity and parasitic exported criminal families

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Kivaro wrote: »
    I know it is RTE, but I wonder if Tommy asked his guest about the Nigerian gangs trafficking children into Ireland for sex? Link here.
    Of course he didn't.

There is a reason why the Irish Media are not asking any hard questions about the background of the George Nkencho shooting. Because if they did, the biggest can of worms that ever existed, would spill out into the open. Irish mainstream media obviously believe that to delve into the reasons why George Nkencho thought he was above the law, would show that there is a new segment of our society who believe that they are untouchable. They just have to utter the "R" word.

I just dont know what to say, children!, fair play for the irish examiner for reporting on it?, this is the failure of an open, unregulated immigration policy, honestly, we need to take an Australian outlook on this, a be more inflexible and really anyone coming here needs to be strictly vetted and on a points system, anyone that is involved in any kind of crime (even from within the EU) needs to be deported and banned from reentering, I was told this wasnt possible but later that its not true and we dont have to follow if we please.
    Time to crack down, not saying everyone is involved but, with the numbers tying up immigration, no one can check who is who or genuine or not, fast track cases and stop admitting anyone that doesnt have employment from within the EU or an invitation to a job if outside the EU.
    On this alone, Id be in favour of ID cards and for civil liberties I was against ID cards, either legit drivers licence, passport or State ID.
    Any liberal lefties alright with kids being raped?

Im not suggesting that chap George was involved in this, but I think this was not hsi first rodeo regarding crime, no one just ups and takes a knife to the shops, incidents with his own family. State needs to take a harder line and redouble their efforts to rid this country of a lot of people here who add nothing, but take from the system, nigerians thinking this country is racist, thats a joke, if their parents came here and they cant get it together with our schools and supports compared to Nigeria or whatever country they came from then they were never going to make it, arriving here is like winning the lotto.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Just donated now myself thanks to your link.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Kivaro wrote: »
    I know it is RTE, but I wonder if Tommy asked his guest about the Nigerian gangs trafficking children into Ireland for sex? Link here.
    Of course he didn't.
    Sorry why would you expect him to be answerable for the crimes of people he's only connected to through nationality?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

rusty cole wrote: »
    Some lad on rte tommy tiernan talking about the woes of being a black irish citizen from guess where in all the coutries of africa???...NIGERIA....home of the infamous 419 email scam fraud amongst other things..quite the flair for self pity and parasitic exported criminal families
    TheChizler wrote: »
    Sorry why would you expect him to be answerable for the crimes of people he's only connected to through nationality?

I think the jist of it was the woes of being a black irish citizen, its stated he was from Nigeria, but we live in one of the most liberal western societies, seems a bit unreasonable to criticise Ireland and its faults when no where is perfect but being here is like the lotto compared to Nigeria and actual police murders or even the US, but we are not supposed to challenge what George did or other problems brought here, because the mainstream media wouldnt dare ask about problems or even suggest there is fault.

It doesn't matter, this thread jumped the shark ages ago. Anything goes now.
    Clicks and likes and all that. We're supposed to argue against posts like this in a vain justification to keep the thread going.

I suppose what happens when mainstream media has an almost blanket refusal to deal with real problems and when the state wont challenge wrongdoing, thats my take.

There isnt a policy to murder black people, the chap was acting a way that was criminal, there is a problem in Ireland, Id say its a lack of a grip on reality if whats being said about racism is thought to be true.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,473 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

rusty cole wrote: »

Lagos is 7752 kilometers from Dublin. On a good day 14-20 hours traveling time.

Why did they come here ? How did they get here ? There are ZERO.. direct flights... !

If they arrive in the UK, surely they get refused entry...? No visa ? Can’t just arrive in Gatwick and say.. “ it’s alright, I’m just connecting through to Dublin...I want they give us a house and money and a nice place to live “.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,637 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Thread is constantly going off topic and the latest warning post #7802 has been ignored yet again.

Thread closed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,637 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Thread reopened in light of today's developments

This is not to turn into a race/multiculturalism issue or it'll be closed again

• Registered Users Posts: 51,999 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think that a '' No Prosecution'' was the correct decision by the DPP. The Gardai had no other choice as the tasers didn't work and the deceased kept threatening and attempting to stab them. The people inside his house didn't even intervene to allow him inside. They obviously knew what he was like when he was angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Relief for the Garda. Dreadfully long wait to get to today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,652 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

The right decision.

No chance the Garda in question wanted to kill a person that day. With all of the evidence at hand, it was just the last resort.

Glad it is over now at least for the Garda, probably not for the family as this will open up wounds again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

There is no right thinking person alive who would see it as anything other than the correct decision.

The issue is why these things take so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,099 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Sad end to a sad story.

There was no wrongdoing by AGS.

Tough on the family.

RIP George.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Very much appears to be the right decision, and while there are questions about the length of time it took to come to the decision, I do think it is absolute right and proper that it goes through the process. The line of argument that you can't second guess people in the heat of the moment is what leads you down the worrying path of policing we see in some other jurisdictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭nachouser

Oh, I'm sure this will be a very reasonable discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Correct decision, but according to the media the family is going to appeal which I think is a wrong decision to prolonged this! I am not sure what they are looking to gain from it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The family that wouldn't let him in, are appealing?

Will they sue, get NGO help, we have heard before outrageous claims in cases

They should let it just be done, over

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭thegame983

A moments silence for the race baiting Irish media who so desperately wanted their own George Floyd moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭GIMP

Unless the motivation now is 💶 💶,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,079 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The right decision was reached.

Oh dear.

I can't understand why they would want to do this, but I am not in this position either. It is an awful situation, but appealing won't make it any better.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Relatives of George Nkencho, the young black man shot dead by gardaí outside his home, have filed personal injury actions against the Garda Commissioner.

The proceedings have been initiated in the High Court by two siblings who came on the scene in the direct aftermath of the shooting.

The Irish Independent understands the cases involve claims for nervous shock and allegations of negligence and breach of statutory duty by gardaí.

Mr Nkencho (27), a young Dubliner of Nigerian background, was shot outside his family home in Clonee on December 30, 2020.

Gardaí had been called to an incident nearby involving Mr Nkencho, who had allegedly assaulted a shop assistant and was reported to be brandishing a knife.

https://m.sundayworld.com/crime/courts/george-nkenchos-relatives-sue-garda-commissioner-over-impact-of-fatal-shooting/41691986.html

However, the hearing was adjourned following an application from the Garda Síochána Ombudsman Commission, which is investigating the incident.

Members of Mr Nkencho’s family were in the house when the shooting occurred.

The Garda Commissioner, Minister for Justice and the Attorney General are named as defendants in the civil proceedings being taken by Mr Nkencho’s relatives.

(I am guessing now might file again)

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/george-nkenchos-family-to-appeal-dpp-decision-not-to-prosecute-gardai-involved-in-his-shooting/a1565923651.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Right decision I think. You can't have guards dithering over a life and death decision when confronted by a manic man wielding a knife. Are our guards dispensable such that we'd allow them risk being killed themselves rather than act in the way they've been trained. I hope not

"Solicitor for the family read a statement"

Anyone know how that works? Is the solicitor pro bono or is it some form of free legal aid? I can't imagine they're paying out thousands for a solicitor to read something on their behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 23,702 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Registered Users Posts: 5,983 ✭✭✭Augme

Pretty certain when you shoot someone six times, you want to kill them.

• Advertisement

You mean after he was told to drop the knife multiple times, right? After he attacked someone with that knife and was trying to get into the house full of people.

Don't start this crap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement