Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Georgia Tech v Florida State Dublin 2024.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Risoc

€50 restricted views on sale.

Assuming those blocks won't come near selling out, you can just move down to a better view within the block on the day, presumably.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,009 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Kansas State v Iowa State next year

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Not exactly a headline grabber for people who don't know much about America Football but it's a Big 12 conference game and will be their 105th meeting, so depending on the numbers they bring it should have a good buzz.

I'm going.

Post edited by Fr Tod Umptious on

So they announced 2026 or 2027 before 2025. Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There were rumours of a Steelers preseason game in Dublin in 25, maybe they don't want two American Football games

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Kick off time confirmed for 5pm local (12 noon ET).

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭csirl

If the Steelers play it will be a regular season game. NFL is doing a week 1 International Series game in Brazil this year. So week 1 cant be ruled out for a future Dublin game.

There isnt a lot of crossover between the college and NFL games. College games are focused on American visitors whereas NFL is focused on domestic/european fans. So two together could work. But the NFL games would take the spotlight away from the Aviva games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Don't know about there being not much crossover, I'd say everyone on this thread and everyone I went to a college game with previously would also go to an NFL game.

If both were on the same year, most would go to the NFL game

Its true that there's crossover in the local market. The few thousand Irish people who attend the Aviva game willl be among those who'd attend the NFL game. But the 30-40k US CF fans on packages wont be attending the NFL game, nor will the NFL.want them to. NFL wants local fans.l

NFL wants local fans.l

And that's why I think a regular season game in Dublin is pie in the sky.

The NFL only recently expanded to international games in Germany

Brazil and Spain are on the cards for 2024 and 2025 respectively.

There is still France, Italy, Netherlands to go to.

All have much bigger markets to tap into than little old Ireland.

• Advertisement

cheapest seats showing as 195!!!

Surely that’s wrong?

For a few months now all that seems to be available is €700+ hospitality tickets on Ticketmaster.

I'm very surprised that this is sold out.

Hmm, it’s pretty hard to believe alright. Probably some ticketing strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yeah no way it's sold out. Each of the past three times it's been on I've been turning down free tickets in the week leading up to it as I either already had tickets or couldn't go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

Actually looks like ticket sales are pretty good - currently on ticketmaster seat availability suggests only a few < 100 tickets still available - I could be missing something…

If you zoom in to the sections in Blue on ticketmaster it is only a few seats in each section.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Just checked it earlier in the week, and those behind the goal tickets weren't visible to me anyway. Are there tickets coming back online to TM I wonder?

I just checked now and there are more tickets than a few months ago available.

For a long time it was just €700+ hospitality tickets available, now there are €80 tickets in the upper corners and €100 tickets behind the goals available.

Not many mind you, just spatterings here and there.

Which makes more sense than it being sold out months ago.

See that now, they weren't there early in the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

It is strange - see my screen grab - the cheapest ticket was €225; an hour later - you're seeing €80…

Either way it looks like it is a 99% full house so should be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I won tickets to this through work. I've actually won tickets to several of these college football games, and haven't actually paid to go to one since Notre Dame Navy around 10 years ago. Always seems to be lots of competitions giving them away.

• Advertisement

Game being carried on FTA terrestrial TV on Tg4 this year I see.

Is it the first time a college football game has ever got a free to air broadcast in Ireland? Don’t recall any of the recent ones before doing so (the 2022 game didn’t even get a pay TV broadcast because the US rights were with Fox).

For these games, most of the tickets are sold in bulk to "ticket wholesalers" who in turn sell onto the various travel agents offering packages. Only a small number are sold as ticket only via ticketmaster.

You would expect unsold tickets to appear on the market close to the event when the travel agents stop taking package orders. With the exception of the ND games, no previous game had ever sold out. Always plenty of tickets - often free - floating around the week of the game.

I believe so, yes.

The Irish commentary should be interesting….what's Line Backer as gaelige?

Would be surprised if it’s anything other than the unadulterated ESPN broadcast. I mean, I know there’s always a first time for everything but think about it - there is no person on the planet who has ever professionally commentated an American football game through Irish before. How do you fill that job?

The game *should* also be live on Sky Sports, this is the second year of a two year deal for ESPN College Football.

SBB will probably be on the job....

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Lachako

I have two seats together available at face value (€80 each) in Block 528, Row J.

DM if interested or view directly at the Ticketmaster secure resale link:

https://secure.ticketmaster.ie/rs/18005EAFD4869A20/lk826wty2

Advertisement