Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,368 ✭✭✭Tow

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

I wish anyone with a stroke or any brain affliction well. One thing about such is that any affliction affecting the brain does not selectively affect mobility versus cognitive; there’s always a double-whammy where the brain is concerned, it serves many functions, but of course overall intellect can be well preserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Little Mickey is more of a smoked salmon and champagne type of guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,005 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The nurses and doctors who listened to that girl scream in agony for hours are wonderful, wonderful, wonderful people.

Although having witnessed that place first hand recently, I can't imagine working there.

There is a fcuking Public Accounts Committee taking an age looking at RTE squandering a few million - primarily for politicians to get votes - while the waste of hundreds of billions in the HSE gets a free pass. Some country we are alright.

• Advertisement

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,128 ✭✭✭squonk

absolutely. Having had the pleasure of sending a night in a trolley in Limerick myself but with nothing life threatening, you wouldn’t treat a dog in the same fashion. People on neighbouring trolleys had a head injury and another had had a heart attack. We were all in the same boat but my neighbours deserved more urgent care. I grew up on a farm and it struck me that any of the sick animals fared better. Their own pen with a decent bed, water and food provided and a vet called to arrive ASAP or medication administered when it was needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

Listening to the coroners report yesterday, 5 of the nurses due on duty called in sick. I've worked in places doing much less important stuff where when I called in sick I was told "I don't care if your leg is hanging off, I need you here". So, 2 nurses calling in sick, ok, but the other 3 should have been told, "two of your colleagues already called in sick, patient safety will be at risk if you don't show up".

What ever about the nurses. It also appears a load of doctors on call refused to come in. One eventually turned up.

The problem is both mismanagement and we don't train enough staff. It is the same with dentists on the news his morning. The government want to grow the population, but the number of training places for Irish/EU students is limited.

I think Staff are going to get sick from time to time. It’s down to each individual to decide if they’re fit to work or not. If someone has the flu there probably not going to be off much use in a work environment anyway, especially one as busy as a hospital.

I too thought the consultants sounded careless or lazy but, listening to one consultants testimony, he was on call for 48 hours and had appointments the following morning. I’m unclear however whether he had been in the go for 48 hours or just on call where he could get some sleep however it was mentioned he was called to the ED every hour. I’m kind of wondering how someone being on the go for 48 hours straight is seen as viable scheduling anyway. At this point in life I couldn’t function properly after 24 straight his let alone 48.

• Advertisement

Dead Chislers Of De HSE

Probably a buke we won’t be getting from Duffer based on his avoidance of acting healthcare related

• Registered Users Posts: 82,511 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Joe will be now wanting to create his own party trip so to speak, "A jaunt with Joe and crew", a week in Courtown with de Funny Friday crew, TK Lemonade on arrival and coddle available 24/7 via room service.

Disgruntled RTE 'employee' narked when Accounts stopped paying his monthly 10k invoices.

Spoke to a colleague in similar situation in Radio One, with 20 plus years in Montrose. Joe, was dat you?

https://content.blubrry.com/echochamberpodcast/Echo_Pod_Ep_1237a.mp3

Well he did do de Menopause, Maternity & Versatis ad finitum, where he acted in his capacity as medical expert. Matters of Maternity might be one thing, though, matters of Eternity or lack thereof when ordinarily healthy people present to A&E, are a touchy subject where Joe’s level of expertise as Emergency Care Consultant is as lacking as the presence of same in our hospitals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭LambshankRedemption

While it is down to each individual to decide, it is also down to their manager to assess the impact of their absence. Obviously being a nurse you are vulnerable to every bug under the sun. Sickness among nurses I am sure is common. But 5 in the one day is an epidemic. Why didnt the manager get contract staff in?

I too thought the consultants sounded careless or lazy but, listening to one consultants testimony, he was on call for 48 hours and had appointments the following morning.

You know what, we have all seen it. It's bad management.

On-call for 48 hours Greys Anatomy style where you can get a nap or a ride in the oncall room, is all well and good in a US hospital, but in understaffed, over worked Irish hospitals, being oncall for 48 hours most likely means working for 48 hours straight. Airline pilots arent allowed work hours like that, why are doctors?

Airline pilots are required to rest for x period after x amount of hours on duty, which means the airlines simply have to hire enough pilots to run the routes and cover for a certain amount of unexpected delays. Should be same for hospital doctors.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Imagine Dr Joe bumbling around an A&E department, swinging for any patient who give him any auld guff.

KAY TEA

State apologies from yesterday.

Degreees of hort and suffering.

Canadian couple’s dream holiday in Kerry. Broken down rental car, story will restore your faith in human nature.

Sentimental hoarding. Someone had a secret and wouldn’t let anyone into his home for the state of the place from hoarding, with very serious consequences.

We’re in for a long afternoon, cawlurs.

M

Today, KT Hannon, she sez she's in for a 'little whoyle' for Joe…

• Mudder & Baby Homes compo.
    • How meaningful are State apologies
    • Canadian couple visiting Kerry, arrived 48 hours ago, they have had the best of and worse of times, the ball of scrap rental car broke down…wunder were they riding the hole off the clutch so to speak?
    • Hoarders, what do you hoard, has it got out of control?

Today in Studio S7.1:

• Command Chair: Kay Tee
    • Guest Chairs: None

Possible Topics:

• Joe is a great lad all together
    • Industrial School: Marian was put in with a court order.
    • TicTok Taoiseach Apology: Was it meaningful and were you left out (for de Combo).
    • Canadian Couple on Holiers: Car broke down.
    • Hoarder: How it can rune yr life, so to speak.

• Advertisement

Re hospital staff calling in sick, when you work in a hospital you are subject to catching everything the sick patients bring in with them and generously share around de hotstipple. A feverish staff member is likely to faint on duty if they persist working, a nurse with the highly contagious Norovirus will be a walking vomit projecting canon in the corridors of care.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Joe exhausted himself with all the misery, he's empty 🤢 so to speak

So Katie is going to bore the arse off us for a few weeks,

In. Her. Boring. Voice. With extra. Pauses. For. Dramatic. Effect 🤔

in meantime Joe is having a ball of a time at Chateau Duffois in de Door Doyne

He was observed giving auld guff in a certain hospital department some years back by someone late of this parish.

Don’t know if I posted this here begore, did on Twitter/x, but I recently had a long conversation with a hospital Carer, who formerly was employed in a public hospital emergency department. There, she had been instructed DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT WITH WAITING PATIENTS, so as not to be distracted by the state they are in or should readiness to make an intervention as you are on your way to complete some duty.

This way a seriously deteriorating patient can be missed. God help any patient presenting on their own who loses the capacity to express how sick they have become, not that they listen to family advocates. She said she could no longer work for the HSE as this is policy to enable staff to cope working in an impossible situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭leath_dub

There must be an apology to be read out of Joe is "as lathair" today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭mountain

no Duffy today..,

He could be “spent” after his week of stardust misery, wallowing in grief,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Any word on Kathryn Thomas's mother, heard she was within a hairs breath of going to the stardust disco that night

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Poor spaniards. We ae so cruel to them, they did nothing to deserve this

• Advertisement
    M

The good news for the residents of Benalmadeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenaaaaaaaa is that the hotel is a little off the beaten track so to speak so shouldn't impact them too much 😁.

Advertisement