Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring 2024 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Day 5 of dry conditions. Hallelujah.

Cear skies so far this morning.

Cool 7⁰ Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Lovely morning, partly cloudy, this weather is all the more satisfying when you wfh full time. 7c , N Kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Cold af today in Dublin. I swear it snowed the weekend Ken Doherty won the world championships in snooker which was the May Bank Holiday weekend 1997. It can be proper baltic right up until June here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Yes there was snow on 5th and 6th May 1997. A few days ago though it was sunny and rather warm. May 1997 also ended with the highest May temperature on record in Ireland with 28.4C in Kerry. A very flip-floppy month.

Not as exceptional as early May 1979 though when there was a widespread covering of lying snow even to low levels. Casement had a cm covering of snow at 9am on 3rd May 1979.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Ha so if did happen. Didn't stick in Dublin but I remember looking out at the shops across from home and big flakes coming down. I was only 16 but managed to get into Club M with a fake ID later that night lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Cloud cover now :(

Cool. 10° Meath

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

Just out of bed as I was working through the night. Not a bad day out there at all. Straight out to the garden with me! Near Ardagh, County Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭babyducklings1

Have been really enjoying this lovely weather, the brightness and warmth makes such a difference. Cool tonight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

6 dry sunny days in a row during April, can't argue with that. Coupled with a lovely Easter weekend and we're doing ok. Looking forward to May and June now.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Bright well after 9pm here in the west tonight . Great to see. Some rain tomorrow for some in the south west but the weekend now looking fine for most despite the charts earlier in the week.Staying on the cool side. Nice Moon again tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Fine spell of weather in Galway. Great for getting out and about, I spent almost my entire waking hours outdoors this weekend. Has gotten quite cool, and that breeze the last 2 days necessitates a jacket be worn at all times. It's April though to be fair.

Good to see the breakdown doesn't look as bad as originally. Hopefully that non stop Atlantic muck loses its steam for a while.

Beautiful crisp(ish) sunny morning. 5c, N.Kildare

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Very chilly here in Meath today and a chilly few days ahead with temperatures struggling to get into double figures in places. Hopefully we will see a more definite warm up as we head into May.

Distinctly chilly now. Ominous clouds, should have checked the radar before hanging washing out

10c, but feels cooler.

Heavy drizzle near Ardagh, Longford. I moved over 100 flower pots and containers first thing this morning as I was planning to spray weedkiller beneath at lunchtime. That won't be happening today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭pauldry

Late spring frosts likely in the next couple of nights.

Another dry spell could develop next week before cooler weather signalled after that. May frosts seem possible this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭.Donegal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

grey slate is back! And it’s cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A cycling cap yesterday to keep off the sun, a beanie today to keep me warm 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Ardent

North Kildare, hailstones hopping off the roof currently. Normal service has resumed.

• Advertisement

Mixture of short sharp showers and longer spells of rain this afternoon. Cold rain at that.

N.Kildare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Ardent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,885 ✭✭✭✭zell12

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Today has been mostly cloudy here in Castlebar with some showers however clear skies have moved down from the north in the past hour with long sunny spells to finish the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Normal Service has resummed.

I can't get the heat into me at all today, shock to the body going back to the cold weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭giveitholly

That's funny because here in Tipp today I actually thought the weather softened a bit today and it felt a bit milder. No breeze at all either.We got a few showers this evening alright and it has turned colder now again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭adocholiday

This evening's charts make for some dull viewing for the next week or so, both GFS and ECM. Low pressure circling around the country for the week, dropping 20-30mm of rain between now and Friday. Next weekend is still a bit uncertain with plenty of changes between runs still with no real pattern evident yet.

• Advertisement

A touch of frost this morning with Markree -1 and a couple of others but what a beautiful sunrise :)

Advertisement