Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ffs TK now taking bumps

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have to say I kinda enjoyed the last angle, obviously fairly obvious something would happen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Tony could have done with a few tips on how to sell 😂 he acted as if the Perry punch TKOd him! The bucks TK driver looked sloppy too!

The mercedes mone slap was stupid aswell, she turned so quick it was impossible to not see statlander had grabbed her

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So is this the start of the Mr Kahn character and we'll see him do a Mr McMahon on it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think that closing angle was great.

Despite his selling of the gut punch, TK is obviously self aware enough not to grab a mic or do anything beyond put the guy over. It's the first time in AEW's five years he's been in the ring for a spot like that, and that lack of appearances benefits the angle massively. Puts The Elite over as the top heels, gives them more power with Tony written off for a few weeks, and let's them run with the Heel Bosses character for a bit. I'd guess they attack Omega next week too, and use his long term absence for some more heat, and the inevitable return.

Imagine if the story is that Tony pulls out his chequebook to bring back his arch-nemesis MJF to fight for him :P

Daddy Kahn making his first ever appearance was good as well.

Chuck getting to say **** on TV! Surprised he stayed face though. Think there's more long term value in a heel tag team for both guys, than single runs for either. But glad they're getting stories.

So, the NFL Draft is tonight. Wonder if they use the Jacksonville picks to sell the angle 😂 The NFL already have articles up about the attack and are protecting kayfabe. I want Tony making his announcement in full neck brace gear, Roddy style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,385 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What will happen "the vip elite" for this attack on Tony considering Punk was fired as Tony feared for his life

Perry can thank Punk for actually this heel persona and character development

I saw comment of a Wish version of SCSA vs. Vince online 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The Bucks for their life can't get the timing right with production when mouthing into the camera.

Interesting to see where Kenny falls in the angle next week as it needs a good boost from a top babyface, and I've no doubt he can do it if he's healthy .

• Registered Users Posts: 60,598 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The NFL worried about the draft….. :)

Tony Khan's status for the Jacksonville Jaguars' 2024 NFL Draft obligations could be questionable.

Khan, the Jags' chief football strategy officer and the founder, owner and booker of All Elite Wrestling, took a punch to the gut and a "Meltzerdriver" piledriver Wednesday night live on AEW Dynamite from Daily's Place in Jacksonville, Florida.

Shad Khan, Tony's father and the owner of the Jaguars, took to the ring to check on his son in the aftermath of the drama……

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

It looks like Toni Storm is moving on to new challengers. Has she actually feuded with anyone for the title for longer than a month? I would have thought Rosa would have the ideal first major obstacle to her reign, but it looks like she's been quickly shuffled back. She must be still doing her 'penance' in the women's locker room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

Yeah I don't personally mind Tony being involved for this angle with some nitpicks.

That gut punch sell was like he'd been shot, minor gripe.

My bigger problem comes back to the footage. They basically set the precedent that Punk was fired for attacking a colleague backstage and have said Tony 'feared for his life'. So Jack Perry doesn't get fired for attacking him? Again, wouldn't care if they hadn't shown the footage but them showing it makes a weird logical loophole.

Aside from that Dynamite was grand. I don't really get why Fletcher got a title shot. Jericho might be making a stable of people that appreciate him, how original.

Exciting too that GYV are debuting on Collision. They're expecting Collision to be their biggest of the season so they're pulling out all the stops. Might have to watch it for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was so uninterested in Jericho that I noticed they seem to use seat fillers to ensure there were no empty seats seen on that side.

How did the gauntlet work? Could the match have been over after just 2 guys entered?

@ThePott I get your point about the Punk footage, but given the angle just happened, I'd give them at least a segment to explain it.

Will be easy enough to explain away too, tbh, by having The Bucks say they're doing things different, play heels and say Perry was provoked or something. Feels easy enough to explain away in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ThePott

I agree that they can explain it away but I also think it just highlighted how pointless the footage was. That would also imply that the Bucks are equals to Tony, which has never really been presented that way. Again, don't think it's that big a deal but just seems a weird sorta plothole they made.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

This is the Young Bucks best work in AEW.

They are killing it as EVPs

On another note, I've never been a fan of Daily's Place and never will be.

The sound quality really fecking annoys me

Jacks facial expressions are really good

That smirk is so good

The NFL draft

that’s incredible 😂

I want TK in a wheelchair like how Strong was

Damn that would be so epic

• Advertisement

If punk hadn't gone back to wwe and worked everything out with the elite, this would have been a perfect way to bring him back.

Also wouldn't mind seeing Tony at other things like this with the elite interrupting etc, might help get a few none wrestling heads into the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

Looks like Hobbs was legit injured in his match with Mox and they had to end it early after he hurt his knee.

Regards,

P.

Yea had a feeling that it was legit, the ending was a bit all over the place but understandable. Hopefully when he's back they do something without the Don Callis crap

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Patrick Mahomes

I wonder how long Tony Khan licensed Cult of Personality for. If he still has the rights to use it, it would hilarious if Jack Perry started using it as his entrance music.

Regards,

P.

Or if he used the killswitch engage song punk had either would be cool.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That was such a good song, it's criminal that it's not being used by anyone

Holy sh1t he really is using the NFL draft to get AEW out there.

• Advertisement

Damn I love TK, I was grinning throughout that interview

Advertisement