Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student paramedic 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Kitkat73

bjWXNIXWNXOW.....practicing inductive logical thinking tests will help you as this is one part of the aptitude test. Learn to recognise what the questions are ACTUALLY asking you. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭thomas 123

a bit off topic folks - but thank ye in advance if successful or not. Heros!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 HannahSpanner

Scurvy
    Are you now 23 because others ahead of you were offered positions? Wonder how many people are now also behind you or because you were later becoming active if a lot of those behind you would’ve gone 🤔 Sounds like the supplementary panel from last year will be mostly January for sure I’d say! Trying to work it out in my head but I don’t think anyone knows how it works but them 🤣 🙈

Post edited by HannahSpanner on

I googled “paramedic aptitude tests” or something like that and printed off some from previous years, whichever I could find - and then I went to Easons and also bought the “psychometric tests for dummies” book and did that one also.

Trying to figure out how the HSE panels work is like an aptitude test in itself...🤣 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Scurvy

New supplementary panel announced. Good news to hear

Just saw that email - hopefully that means some new EOI offers will start going out too!

Does anyone know how many students are offered places for each campus? 🤔 I’m hoping for Tallaght (eventually……whenever that may be 🙈 🤣)

No idea how many in each campus. 🤔 But getting that email today is certainly a step in the right direction. Any of you considering changing to the new supplementary panel? It's a little unclear if they would extend the existing panel passed the 1 year expiration if we still haven't received eoi's before the 1 year mark is up. I'm opting to remain on the existing panel in the hope that they start working through the candidates before the November expiration. Fingers crossed we start moving soon now. Signs are good 🤞🤞

I ended up emailing them, they said typically 96 places are offered (32 in each campus). I’m also remaining on the existing panel, I won’t get in this time for sure as there are still some left on the previous panel (I asked for overall panel number) so my overall panel number is higher than the intake amount (from the overall panel number they gave me looks like there are still 90 people on the previous panel still before they even start on our panel) but as you say, hope the offers for January will be going out in November or before for the January so will still be in date……….i would imagine if the positions offered are still mostly going to the previous panel that they would have to surely give more time to the supplementary panel if the majority did not get chance to get an EOI

• Advertisement

@hannahspanner… Well done for getting that information. Great to have a better understanding of where it's currently at. Thanks a million for the update 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Iceomatrix

the previous panel received an email today to say that once this new campaigns panel is created their panel scrapped which will happen around July so our panel which was created last October will be the first panel in place for a January intake.

Perfect that’s good to know, also a bit nerve jangling too though as presumably our panel will then only get offers for January and then be scrapped too……..I hope they use our panel for January and September or give a chance to extend it. Do you know how long the previous panel as been active? Has it just been the one year or a little longer 🤔

it has been running for about 2 years I think it was extended last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Scurvy

My panel created Nov 2022 NRS12726 didn't receive any notication of expiry. The supplementery panel email says it's still going strong.

it was the panel before this created in July 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Daisylou123

Just following the comments here. Ihave a panel position since November 23. Is this panel the next in line or is there another one before us?

Also will they not be starting any courses in September 24? So hard waiting and trying to plan. Dying to get started!!!

I’m on the same panel as you. it looks like there is 2 panels ahead of us but one of them, the one created in July 2022 is due to be scrapped this July, so we will be the second panel in line, but I’d say some have already been called off the panel before ours.

Thanks so much for letting me know. Fingers crossed for us getting offers soon. Seems like we will be down the line though if alot already ahead of us!

Annyone know If they will be taking students in September?

when I contacted them for my overall panel number i worked it out from that number that there are still 90 remaining on the previous panels (I’m also on same panel as you) if they are only offering 96 places for September that means only the first 6 from our panel will get offered a place or maybe a couple more if some people don’t take their spaces so September is unlikely I think (for me anyway, I’m not in the top 6 🤣 🙈) ……………I didn’t ask if there will be any offers for Sept but the reply didn’t say they weren’t anyway, it was a “they usually take twice a year Sep + Jan and 96 per intake” kind of thin. The previous time I asked they said they did not know - they only get information as and when it comes from the ambulance service and then they send out the information to people on the panel.

• Advertisement

hopefully you will get an offer very soon - you’ll have to let us know 🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 24 bJWXNIXWNXOW

This is all mind boggling for someone who is only filling out the application form now . So in theory from the time you submit your application to getting an offer how long are you waiting >1yr ??

Well it is certainly not the fastest process at the moment. The newest panel would have started our application process in April 23. The successful candidates are now 6 months sitting on the panel with no clue how long more that will be for. There is a panel of candidates ahead of us who have been waiting even longer. BUT don't lose hope.... it most definitely slowed down recently due to the recruitment freeze & I'm sure it will have gained traction again by the time you get to the panel stage later in the year. The very best of luck with your application 🤞🙂

HI All I contacted the hse and found out that it will be at least the intake after next that the Nov 23 panel will be getting offers as there is still 107 people on the panels infront of us. I wasn't told this directly but can figure out from my panel number and there are 96 intake slots. Realistically if they don't do an intake in September 24 due to recruitment freeze then we are looking at September 25 as so many ahead of us for January 25 intake 😭.

I am assuming our panel will be extended as it expires in November and won't even have had an offer prob by then. Its so hard planning everything with all these unknowns!!

Assume nothing Daisylou123. Looking at the way this is going it wouldn't surprise me in the least if they just let the panel expire 🤦. It makes absolutely no sense to me what so ever why they are running a fresh recruitment campaign now. Such an odd system but I'm sure it makes sense to the HSE although god knows how 🤷. Very very disappointing and so disheartening for everyone

I fully agree. I just hope they extend our panel as I couldn't go through the whole application process again. It was very time consuming. I mean it's silly to have to reapply after getting a position on a panel but just not offered any place. Anyhow will hang in for now and hope it all works out. I started my C license lessons so it's already been an expensive career move! Fingers crossed its not in vain or I might end up working as a lorry driver 🤣

you will be suprised how many out of the older panels either won’t take the job or won’t even have the learners permit to be admitted into the college that it will run through the panels quick enough it always has.

Hopefully ur right iceomatrix . Hope ur enjoying the lessons Daisylou123 and best of luck when u do ur test 🤞 I had my test at school home time 🙈 had to peel myself out of the seat afterwards. Couldn't have been given a worse time 🤣

Thanks Kitkat73. Hopefully you passed!! Yes I hope I get a morning test so it's abit quieter!

Let's hope we get some updates soon 🤞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 RoisinMur

Just in case this is of use to anyone - I went to a NAS open evening last night to try and get some information and managed to speak to the operations manager about the panel - they said that any of us that are sitting on the supplementary panel from November can expect to be called within 6-12 months based on where things are currently & that not to panic we will definitely be called and the panel won't just disappear in November.

Advertisement