Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newtownmountkennedy - a turning point?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BolloxChop

Tommy Robinson is a dickbag. He had a go fund me set up to raise money with the intention of making a documentary about the Rochdale grooming gangs. Instead he made a pro Zionist movie called shalom.

Anyone who changes their name to sound more British is a cúnt in my books. They're all grifters who don't care about normal everyday people. Fúck him and the likes.

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

Well cúnts tend to attract similar types, but yeah funny that they are so quick to grab their ankles for groups that have called for Irish people in the UK to be attacked.

Post edited by I.R.Y.E.D on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭lucalux

That's not how anything started though is it? It's what happened after the guards present called for back-up and reinforcements.

I won't judge on a few scanty videos that don't show the events previous to that.

From looking at the video it seems a very dangerous situation alright

Looks to me that a garda or two in riot gear fell down, and if I was a ref I'd be checking for a bit of stamping action from those young fellas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Northernlily

Honestly middle Ireland needs to wake the **** up. Our docile nature is doing us no favours here.

Like you've the current shower of eejits in Leinster House on all sides of the chamber and then you've all these far right lunatics running for election.

There doesn't seem to be much common sense candidates putting themselves forward. It's about time the hardworking constantly shafted law abiding tax paying folks stepped out of the shadows and started getting involved in common sense politics.

Common sense can start with sensible controlled immigration!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭REDBULL68

The government know what they have done to the country, their now trying to braze it out till the next election, the Guards are being used as pawns and I'm sure their not happy about the imigration situation, and being used as cannon fodder by by a government that should not be there anymore .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

It looks from that video like the riot squad tried to go easy on them, (instead of immediately battering the people infront of them), so then a load of the Boyz joined in once they saw it was just a shoving match, the cops got well pushed back and were on the verge of losing it so they resorted to pulling out the pepper spray.

I'd say a few of the riot squad were fairly pissed off after getting pushed around a bit.

A daycent if fairly small scrap all the same, although I've seen worse at soccer matches on the continent, and lave it so for the North

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,429 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. If the guards are going to have to charge at you to break up your little rabble, and you intentionally call for women to come and stand up at the front, then don't be surprised if said women are first to feel the impact of a riot shield. Equality and all that.

I'm all for getting these IP applicants "processed" (and kicked out if ineligible … which the majority likely are) as soon as possible, but we cannot have thugs and scumbags going around and threatening the state, and attacking and burning private property.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭prunudo

one of the most surreal 24hrs in this great village, we'll be called this that and the other, but we know what happened and how it happened. The government caused this, the gardai have lost the public, they're the scumbags, particularly the public order unit. I honestly have never seen anything like I have witnessed, particularly since 10pm. They are a disgrace to this country and the people they are supposed to protect.

The policy of not allowing scumbags and skangers to attack and burn down property?

I would guess that most people want that policy to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Don't blame the front line Gardai.

Look at the (lack of) resources and under staffing they have when going into the coalface.

I have nothing but respect for any Garda that walks into a situation like tonight.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pretty hilarious reading the Gardai being praised in the Nkencho thread to the Gardai now being scumbags in this one.

The thread isn't even 2 pages long. Why would you not bother to read it before posting something you made up in your head?

There is a single post that calls the Gardai scumbags. One

Well there are reports of a few arrested. If they are charged, we will likely see where they are from and if they are indeed local to that small Wicklow road.

Are you a betting man?

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭REDBULL68

Doesn't matter ,people come from all over to protest in Ireland, that are not local ,like the Gas field site off mayo ,its called a Republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,338 ✭✭✭prunudo

the Newtown accent would be more Dublin than Wicklow so might be throwing some posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lax boarding procedures?

You must never have flown. Airlines are super tight about their boarding procedures. God forbid you spell your name slightly differently on your booking than it is on your passport. They are very pinickiety about the smallest thing.

These people boarding have perfect documents. They are then destroying them BEFORE passport control in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 886 ✭✭✭bb12

most disturbing aspect for me watching some of the videos was the officer barking orders at the citizens in the same accent as a london cavalry officer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Registered Users Posts: 5,074 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,529 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Only one used the word scumbag but plenty have been whining about the deployment of riot police at all. Its straight from the generally laughed at (in the other thread) Nkencho/Coppinger playbook tryna play police brutality.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,317 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Nonsense. This is what policing is when there is public disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Ireland's Battle of Orgreave 😂

Op doesn't half spout some amount of shite on here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,574 ✭✭✭jackboy

Were the fires lit before the riot police stepped in? If yes then they had little choice but to intervene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭Allinall

Complains about politicians resigning.

Complains about politicians remaining in their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ToweringPerformance

The Gardai acted like absolute thugs. Indefensible behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,071 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

A new reason people won't want asylum seekers accommodation in their area - the resultant violent "protests"

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Guildenstern

Six weeks today, Friday 7 June, the local and Euros elections.

Usually boring elections with low turnouts.

Sense they'll be a bit more lively now.

Time for the silent majority to step forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Play with fire eventually you get burnt.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement