Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taskmaster (Greg Davies sets some comedians daft challenges!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,804 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Decent enough episode. Tasks were pretty good, though the team task is one of those where it was just really overdone and the clues you need to follow are near impossible to decipher. It's becoming more of a problem the longer Taskmaster goes on, where tasks have to have so many caveats because people know TM so well, that it ends up stifling creativity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

yeah she draws a female reproduction organs again… how hilarious… then pretends she didn't because she know how lame it is…

Didn't notice this myself, but absolutely amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,927 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

That's awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Really good live task tonight. Similar to the one from season 9. Season is actually quite good, it's just missing one of the contestants being a bit of a bollocks in the studio. They're all so polite

• Advertisement

Yeah Sophie can be a bit chaotic in the studio but doesn't really have the chance to be. I expected more from John Robins as him and Alex are good friends so thought he'd jump at the chance to argue with Alex at least.

He said on his show with Elis James he was worried about coming across too competitive. His prize task and gutter of Gregs was really good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭griffin100

I'm enjoying this series more than I thought I would as Joanne McNally would normally be someone I' avoid but she's been quiet good so far. Loving Sophie. Just finished re-watching Series 10 and the difference in the on screen chemistry and banter between the contestants in that series and the current one is really obvious.

I'd probably put season 10 as the worst one. Social distancing was a major issue but Richard Herring who I had high hopes for was very boring

I don't know about worst series, but it definitely had the worst task in the entire show, with the "acting" task with the accents. Only for Katherine Parkinson not being bothered about learning her lines for the second part of it it would have been a complete and utter disaster, and their lauding of Richard Herring for his performance just felt completely empty because of how awful the entire thing was to begin with.

Most poor tasks might sound good on paper, or there might still be one thing that makes it worthwhile even if it fell flat with the other 4. No part of that task sounded good or should have been shown on TV. That task genuinely makes me angry just thinking of it.

• Advertisement

Really good episode tonight, best of the series so far I'd say. Joanne is actually really good, she's adding a lot of energy to the show

Im guessed that because it was so time consuming they had to keep it in after all the effort of doing it etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Really good series so far. Thought last night's episode was the best of the series.

Still not a fan of Joanne. She's a bit vulgar for vulgar's sake and appears to really want to come off as a mad legend.

Sophie's great though. Loves getting 5 points, but is the first to admit when does she's been rubbish. And Nick being genuinely proud of Joanne's points total might go down as the most wholesome moment in the show's history.

That and I kind of figure that because it was the big "Here's what we made one contestant have to do that nobody else did" they felt they had to keep it.

Great episode last night though. Steve's prize tasks are fantastic, he really puts a lot of thought and effort into them. Sophie is just great fun. Nick and John have their moments. Didn't know much of Joanne before the show. She's okay, but yeah can be a bit try-hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hate to say it but this is by far the worst series since season 6 (Levine-Chaudry-Tarbuck-Howard-Vine).

It's a bad sign where the seasons during Covid had more chemistry and in-studio banter.

It's all very dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Said i'd give a bash at the 5 best/worst contestants ever. Picking the worst is far easier than the best due to the overall quality of the show and it's all totally subjective but this is what i came up with

Worst

Mae Martin

Charlotte Ritchie

Katy Wix

Alice Levine

Sian Gibson

Best

Joe Wilkinson

John Kearns

James Acaster

Dara O'Briain

Mike Wozniak

Taskmaster Australia back for a new series on May 23rd.

They've actually filmed tasks and live audience for two series.. and strangely, they're airing season 3 first and then season 2 directly after. Think one of the contestants for S02 was taking place in another reality show (The Amazing Race) so they were held up in filming the studio bits as a result.

Comedians I recognise taking part across the two - husband-and-wife comedians Lloyd Langford and Anne Edmonds, and also the very funny Rhys Nicholson.

Sophie Willan is only 36. I thought she was closer to 50

• Subscribers Posts: 41,644 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jesus I though she was nearer 60

She's a female Jonny vegas

Thought that was the best episode of the series. The watermelon task was brilliant, as was Nick thinking he nailed the first task. The mannequin task was okay, but at least they all used a bit of imagination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Musicrules

I thought it was a great episode. I was in stitches during the watermelon task. Sophie has been hilarious all season. She's just mad. Joanne has been excellent, Steve and Nick very good. I think John is the weak link of the series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Seems no way of doing spoilers anymore unless someone can point me to a button, or tags that work.

Would like to mention the contestants for next series, one in particular, but know that some people like the reveal at the end of Episode 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Tap/click the paragraph symbol, then quotation marks, then choose spoiler. They can't be inline like some forums but a paragraph to themselves.

Like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

So next season cast list looks somewhat divisive. One in particular that I assumed would never be invited on for a 10 episode run because of physical limitations for the tasks.

Andy Zaltzman. unknown to me but impressed enough by his wiki page.
    Babatunde Aléshé. seem him pop up in a few of these things (Celebrity Jungle, House of Games) and he's been ok.
    Emma Sidi. Another low-key contestant, hopefully got a few tips from her excellent StarStruck co-actor Rose Matefeo.
    Jack Dee. This series headline name, interesting to see his grumpy persona go up against Greg.
    Rosie Jones. Meh, must admit I tend to switch off most things she's in. The feedback from people who were at recordings seems to be fine though.

^ Oh man - that's seriously disappointing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I've heard of pretty much all of them but only two I'd rate. That's not to say the format won't bring out a whole new level in all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,400 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah, people who've been to the recordings last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

That is a very mixed bag.

Jack Dee should be good.

Emma Sidi is terrific in starstruck I can see her being excellent.

Babatunde Aleshe...I genuinely had no idea he was a comedian, I don't think he made me laugh once on gogglebox.

Zaltzman, very intelligent I predict he will be strong.

Rosie Jones, I am sorry no just no, not to be mean but I really struggle to understand what she is saying which kind of is key when delivering jokes.

All for taskmaster getting a diverse cast but she is just not my thing at all.

I don't mind it, and I actually did think it might happen at some point.

She is funny and I think she'd approach tasks in an interesting way. My only hope would be that her tasks are adapted just for her or Alex gives more help than usual, rather than all tasks being adapted for everyone (like in the New Year's Special this year with that Lenny kid where all tasks were pretty much "Do this thing while sitting in this seat". Can't stretch that out over a whole series.)

My main concern is the level of abuse she'll no doubt get on social media (even though I think she's quit social media recently because of it anyway). As much as I don't mind her, she's not funny enough to be as prevalent on Channel 4 as the likes of Katherine Ryan or Joe Wilkinson. Doesn't mean she deserves hate on social media, but she is really overused on comedy shows on Channel 4 and this will definitely spill that can of worms all over the place.

• Advertisement

Babatunde is very funny, reminds me a bit of Guz Khan. Always liked Jack Dee but he might have a similar vibe to Frankie which was hit or miss. Not a fan of Rosie, seen her on loads of stuff and just never found her funny. No idea who the other two are.

Also, looks like there is some behind the scenes show on next week. Hopefully it'll be good

Advertisement