Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer (Dublin) in the Civil Service 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭HiggieL

Hopefully this week 🤞🏻 have no idea how long it usually takes

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dublin2024

Does anybody know what oom they are currently at?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

From recent posts I'd guess c.1230 - give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 helpagirlout22

1320 open 470 inter

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Betty1987

Hi guys ... 1st time posting. I've recently been assigned to the IPO to the DOJ but am finding it hard to get info about blended working. I know I'll initially have to go into the office every day but am hoping I'll then be able to avail of it. I can't really make my decision to leave my current role with knowing about this but I'm not getting replies regarding this from HR. Anyone have any info they share? Thanks in advance ☺️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

It really depends on your area and if you'd be public facing or more back office, etc. I've a friend who works in training (for staff/interviews) and they have 3 days WFH and enjoy it so far. DOJ and IPO are modernizing/going digital so there may be more WFH. I'd try asking HR or whichever manager/unit you've been assigned and stress you need more details before deciding.

Thanks so much for your reply . I've asked 3 times now while in conversation with the HR but the question seems to be avoided altogether. I may have to be a bit more direct I suppose !

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dublin2024

can I please ask a question regarding the competencies - I have prepared my answers using previous jobs (currently a CO 2 years now) I was only planning on using my civil service experience on 1 or 2 competencies because it is limited to 2 years - will they specifically only ask questions regarding civil service experience or can I use previous jobs and experience that better help me to answer the question/competency??

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭egan23

I would be similar to yourself 2.5 years in civil service and a huge amount of prior experience, one of the interviewers was very precise about it being in my current role.

The other interviewer not so much.

@Dublin2024

I am only in my CO role 1 year and they were happy for me to use my previous job (17 years) as it better demonstrated most of the competencies. I was told by my AP and HEO to use examples from my previous job too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Interview in 2 weeks time but the only stumbling block for me will be people management

• Registered Users Posts: 19 helpagirlout22

If you want to pm me about IPO. I can offer a bit of insight

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BoatGirlDolly

Results emails are out today for batch 8 (interviews up until Friday 19th April)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 brackenben122

I got panelled (35th in the open stream) and just got an email from PAS about a Pre Employment Eligibility Check - does that mean I will definitely get an offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 SpringThing

Has anyone worked in activation? If so what do the EO's do?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 GiantDwarf

Hi all,

If you state a preference for a certain department are PAS likely to assign you to that department, or will they assign you to wherever, regardless of your preference?

I'm currently a CO and would like to stay in my current department if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,469 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

If there is a position in your department you need to talk to your HEO/EO as soon as you have passed the interview and even then there is no guarantee you will stay where you are

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Activation/employment support services helps customers get back to work. You might be a job coach. Youre not dealing with claims so usually one of the better gigs in DSP.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭koifish

Like Fritzelly said definitely get onto your managers and AP. They can put the request through to HR (they might need your candidate & campaign number, it's on all your PAS correspondence) but it all depends on business needs and in my experience it's harder to retain people on promotion. If another division of your dept is heavily understaffed you might get moved there, but there's always the option of mobility or moving back. Good luck.

• Advertisement

You submit a request to be retained with your HR include your comp and candidate id, but likely you would move to another division in your Dept if you do get to stay. All depends on the requests your Dept have in. PAS usually email hr to say x amount of people from your Dept have passed interview for x grade. It's still not a guarantee though.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 EmbitterGlitter

Hi All, does anyone have any idea where PAS are at in terms of pulling from batches/OOM. I'm in Batch 8 (interviews finished April 19th) with a decent OOM (<20) but just trying to gauge any sort of timeline/ if an offer would be made. I haven't entered clearance yet & but they've advised it batch 8 open will begin clearance in the next couple of weeks. I know every timeline is different etc so any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Catalan69

Check your email,I'm similar oom, got invited to clearance today

• Registered Users Posts: 19 sayra23

Hi all, congrats to all who got their interview results Wednesday and best of luck to those going for it. Quick question I see in some comments above people talking about clearance. I’m new to the process so I’m just wondering what clearance is?!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭torn-between-jobs

….

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭torn-between-jobs

Heads up…if your a job coach , you will be giving presentations to groups of “customers”… liking public speaking would help…

@GiantDwarf I wanted to stay in my department and my HEO and AP put in all the requests to keep me but PAS wouldn't budge. Sometimes it just doesn't work out 😔

Thanks for the replies all, I have talked to my HEO and AP about it and hopefully I'll get to stay. Sorry it didn't work out for you Betty.

I believe once you start clearance you are assigned against a vacancy in a dept. So at that stage it's too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 BoatGirlDolly

WHen you say 'clearance' is that the eligibility email where you have to submit the proof of certification as per the NFQ?

Advertisement