Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2024 **No Ticket Sales / Requests** - Waiting in line, terrible time, over familiar

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Liam was never going to be booked,that was obvious as he was doing summer gigs of his own

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

right so, anyone wanna buy a ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Just had a listen. Abominable. Music for 8 year olds.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Fanirish

yeah well that’s what I’ve been saying for months but people on here mentioning him a lot! Same reason why LCD etc

• Advertisement

I've read that comment a lot over the years.....

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

The trouble with having a festival where you abandon interesting headliners for mainstream shite is that the shite inevitably creeps down into the undercard over time, and you're left with the remaining one or two good acts looking like a novelty booking in amongst flaming piles of garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭Wooderson

We're thinking of selling ours too. Mrs has never suggested this in 15+ visits.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Gary_dunne

Anyone ever done the Pitch at Picnic in the Silver campsite? Worth the €250 for some showers and security?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Well, we've still got at least 2 shovels of shite to come for the main arena and then Salty dog etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Maybe. I suppose in some sense it makes sense. They already sold out EP, there's more money to be made selling potential headliners in piecemeal summer shows. I do wonder what damage it might do to the reputation though. I'm willing to concede the backlash might fade and there are enough people over the next few months who like a decent cross section of the acts enough that they'll end up getting the tickets and a good time will be had by all, but I can also see it just being viewed as a big flop that will hurt next year's initial sales, and they might not be able to pull another round of selling out 75k tickets with no hint of a lineup.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Ruanmcg

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MsMojave

Didn’t mean to give the impression it was high art or anything. Because it definitely is not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Oh no, i never thought you were😀 Just had to offer up my view when presented with such horror!

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

A small bit of me this morning wished I'd bought tickets. Something had me thinking it would be a decent line up when the reality is it's a pile of shite. Bar Kylie and the sub-headliners,that's as bad as its been in the 20 years I've been going. I hung up my picnic boots 2 years ago,no regrets since. Btp and ff are putting on decent line ups compared to that shite. Forest fest for me I think this year

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭T.V Eye

That's really grim.

Who's that even aimed at.

I managed to sell mine already on the back of Kylie appearing there so I'm certainly glad they booked her at least. I'm sure she'll be able to pull in some people who would not have gone otherwise, especially given she hasn't played here in 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭thebusher

from my 22 year old daughter...

looks like a Longitude lineup

me: is that good or bad?

Bad. Calvin is good I saw him at sziget but rest aren’t good even techno ones just play nightclubs in random college Towns every weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 4,375 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

It wouldn’t surprise me if there is a powerful earth quake that pulls the entire event into the centre of the earth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Melvin with “my joyous weekend “ reference,with two fingers up to the masses!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sh89000

Resale tickets available already low as 235.......think that shows how bad it is

I'm also kind of wondering this. Tbh I feel like it would make me feel a bit better about the whole thing to know there are a lot of people out there who will see this lineup and say "hell yeah, I have to get tickets to this thing".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭fourmations

p*ss poor but sure its the same every year, just getting worse and worse

i spend every lineup day thinking on reflection that the year before was not that bad, same this year, i'd have last year over this year any day, I mean Noah Kahan, ffs, whinging bstard with one tediously overplayed song! Gerry Cinnamon is absolutely terrible IMO, i can fathom how anyone remotley likes him, got famous for saying "wanker" in a song, oh dear,

I'm in the grumpy indie category that are common around these parts but I think Calvin will be great, if theres not a few of his (extensive catalog of) songs that get your feet tapping you're dead inside, I go with my missus and 7 other lasses and Kylie will be a great laugh

as always, ill dig and find some stuff to keep me interested, looking for Salty and Gerry to save this, i only discovered last year what a cool vibe Mother is, lovely vibes and lovely crowd, you may find me there in the wee hours! cheers

If you bought at a discount, are you allowed to sell above asking? Pretty sure I paid under €235 for mine because I got them with the loyalty code. I still don't see an option to sell/transfer on my account though.

Edit: €235 is exactly what I paid including service charge so may just be someone selling at their face value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sh89000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭hold my beer

When you go to grab them there's none there. Would they have the re-sale option open this early?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Fago123

There has been a steady (or sharp depending on what way you look at it) decline over the years. But I don’t think any of us could have predicted that utter horror show. Incredible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭dav09

Okay lads, after I've had time to cool off. A synopsis: It's still absolutely dreadful.

Acts I'd see: Faithless, Kasabian, Nas, Peggy Gou, The Scratch

Nas is a world class booking, I've never got the opportunity to see live but I can see why he is considered one of the greatest of all time. Fantastic booking.

I've been critical of Terminus over the years, although they've booked a bunch of acts the same as last year, I reckon Skin on Skin would be worth a shout. Also, I had heard of Prozak but never really listened to his stiff, but wow his stuff sounds good. UKG/2 Step/Bassline, exactly the type of act they should be going for, something different.

https://youtu.be/zbH_fg0vgkk?t=1545

Kylie an objectively great booking, even though I'm obviously not into it. Add Lana/Dua Lipa to the top tier and it would have been a home run, not that rubbish who is there. I predicted earlier in the thread it would be Calvin Harris, saying Melvin probably watched a 2010 set and though "this fella is great", except he is a completely different person now. I have seen thousands of acts over the years and he is up there with the worst I have seen at Primavera, dreadful, dreadful stuff. All pyro/hands in the air rubbish and didn't even play decent old stuff from the few mins I could endure.

My expectations were low but wow. It's like they forgot to book acts and then all of a sudden had to scramble, or someone cancelled. Even the mid tiers are incredibly poor. Pretty sure most headliners free on the usual weekend so that was rubbish too. I'm sure there's a few more I'll enjoy once I listen/try again, along with more to come, but very borderline sell the tickets stage now. The days of EP being for the music fan are long gone and I think they've rightly cemented that this year.

Advertisement