Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,719 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

He was banned for 6 months…..in 2010

John Higgins then played like a demon afterwards as he had something to "prove". Reached three finals in a row on return, and won the World title in 2011.

I would love to see Higgins win the world again. As far as I can see he is a gentleman and he is the best all round player in the history of the game in my opinion.

"Snooker stamina" seems to be his issue if matches become too "dragged out" he fades.

Higgins next matches -

Allen 2nd round really tough one

Q-Finals O'Connor/Wilson

S-Final - likely Trump

Final - likely O'Sullivan.

Higgins would do well to beat Allen as he is flying very hard to beat, slowed his game down plays more matchplay style. Plus Allen can score heavy when in the business end of the table still.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭drury..

There's something special about this lad SI

Future world champion +1 if he gets it all together

He's shown he's special before anyhow

I've long thought this

Selby's will to win must be exhausting for him longterm and lead to burnout eventually

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

I’m watching Allen v Higgins. Allen averaging 30s a shot. Thing I should switch over. Anyone attempting to grind Higgins down needs their head examined.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Advertisement

Something about Allen gets on my nerves a little

Just seems to take himself too seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

where are ye watching si v jones?

can’t understand why they aren’t showing the final session

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Sigma101

Higgins is a shadow of his former self. Pity to see as he's my all time favourite. Allen should be miles ahead now but he's well off form today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭eggy81

• Registered Users Posts: 4,460 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Higgins or Allen won't play Trump in the semi.

Trump plays O'Sullivan in the semi. Higgins, Allen or Wilson likely plays Maguire or Gilbert in the other semi.

• Advertisement

Listened earlier to Dave Hendon on the Snooker Scene podcast. Talking in a very knowledable manner about Crexit.

As he is the top snooker journalist in the World for me. No point anyone here arguing about the Crucible, I nominate Dave to explain the case against leaving, and anyone fancies arguing the counter point would do well to listen to the latest episode of the Snooker Scene Podcast to get a very informed view of what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,735 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Jak Jones looks to be making back to back Crucible quater finals.

He's really grinded it out this year anyway. Hard work. I do expect Trump to blast him away.

True but as I said earlier I don't think Higgins as the stamina for it. He would carry on playing snookers if he needs to etc.

Allen is being overly careful. He could easily rattle off a few frames if he was more aggressive. But the season he is having it is working for him.

Looks like 4-4 unless Allen gets a snooker. If you are bored of centuries and free flowing snooker this is the match for you.

John Higgins being uncharacteristically "careless" commentary said a few times.

Example - 8th frame. Allen needed a snooker all Higgins had to do is play a good safety. Instead he sends the red up and down the table leaving Allen with an easy starter need the black end of the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Si has played some cracking snookers and escapes

Both players must be the two with the shortest names in snooker? Si and Jak.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

it’s funny they uncharacteristically, when it’s very much in character these days

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Asdfgh2020

a lot of Irish lads like Higgins as he is a Celtic fan…..☹️ always found to be like a newer version of Steve Davis/thorburn…..predictable, grinder and fairly boring to watch….definitely think he deserved a bigger sanction than just 6 months, mark Allen might do us all a favour and knock him out maybe a fist fight challenge also like quinten Hann 🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Bingham Lisowski completely different to last night's match.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Four in a row for Bingham, leads 4-2.

Two of them were laughing and joking with each other earlier on. I wonder how long will that last?

Lisowski will probably turn sour now, 5-2 Bingham.

Lisowski takes the last one, very enjoyable session, it flew by.

Always like to watch those two. Bingham can be a proven clutch Crucible player, for all the slating he gets from some.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Bingham is 11th on the all time centuries list, and 4th on the all time 147 list. A WC and Masters winner. He’s top class on his day.

Bingham is ruthless when he gets going, great at the positional play in particular. Funny that he is so jovial and yet a bit of a snooker assassin.

If Bingham and Ronnie get through, wouldn't be surprised if Bingham turns him over.

• Advertisement

Maguire v Murphy not on Eurosport for some strange reason.

And BBC 2 showing early frames of O'Sullivan v Day and no use made of the red button. Very strange, and amatuer hour considering how tight Magure v Murphy has been

Advertisement