Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Raw Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Probably Liv Morgan to mimic her previously memorable title reign 😑 unless they have a surprise entrant from smackdown like Bianca

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Championship number 7 for Becky. She's a safe pair of hands in the absence of Rhea. I guess she's not taking time off any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,482 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd say Becky will put over Liv, giving her the title eventually, build up heel Liv

With Rhea out I think Becky had to cancel her time off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not the biggest fan of battle royales for world championships. That being said Becky was the obvious (but correct) option. Actually made me realise the lack of believable challengers for Rhea on Raw, so the draft is definitely needed for a shake-up.

Some good stuff aside from that. Tease of a Ciampa turn. Gable keeping the Alpha Academy 'hostage' is definitely an interesting approach. Drew/Sheamus dynamic is interesting. Ludwig turning on Vinci looked awesome, Vinci always felt like dead weight to me and Ludwig has serious potential. Tension in the Judgement Day could be pretty good too.

This felt like a lot more set-up than pay-off as a Raw but still thought it was good and if nothing else teased some stuff that could be worthwhile.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hope they do the Sami/Bronson Reed match at Backlash as the whole Sami/French connection thing seems like a good dynamic for an underdog match.

The tension in the Judgement Day is good but they're going to have to give them a few wins now and then to not make them look like goofs. They've lost a lot of aura with Rhea on the shelf. Thought the promo between Jey and Priest was poor enough till Jey saved it towards the end.

Like how they're building up King of the Ring this year. Big names like Gunther and Drew (and Xavier defending his crown to a degree) give it a proper feel. Would like if they gave the winner a world title match like they used to back in the day. Could segue into Gunther challenging Cody for example.

Chelsea Green has come a long way from her two seconds redebut in the Rumble two years ago. She's not just there yet but I wouldn't totally be against her having the MITB briefcase (though I feel this year's one is definitely Tiffany Stratton's). Becky winning the belt gave a great moment, Liv continues to unimpress me in the ring but character wise at least has some direction now, herself and Nia will be good foils for Becky while Rhea is on the shelf.

Sheamus and Shinsuke was a banger. The Drew stuff continues to be intriguing, he's top class at the one liners.

The Kaiser turning on Vinci was well done, not sure they needed to have Gable dress down his stable members AND Ciampa teasing a turn on the same show though.

R-Truth and Miz won't have the tag titles for long is my prediction, and that's fine. Truth got his moment but there's a good few teams that are also deserving of a run.

A decent Raw but not quite as good as the recent shows. It also somewhat felt like (Becky's win aside) the feuds are in a holding pattern until after the draft as is standard and it kind of gets a bit stale. Hopefully Cody does more than kiss a few babies on Smackdown now he has a challenger too.

• Advertisement

Seth is on the shelf so she has to be the bread winner!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Becky is the safest choice instead of giving it to someone who may not be ready. Liv did nothing in the match until near the end.

Not one to comment on a woman's makeup usually but Maxxine was looking very white when out with Gable. Liked Becky giving her the pep talk.

Was that Regal in Gorilla when Becky was going through?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

yes pics online show regal, road dog and HHH in gorilla

• Advertisement

What if Liv gets Dom too, takes something else from Rhea 😁 helps Liv get heel heat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ThePott

I've heard people suggest this to set up a Custody of Dom ladder match at Summerslam between Liv and Rhea and I don't hate it 🤣

I mean if they're really serious about Liv being heel it's absolutely perfect.

Still wonder why they were in such a rush to crown a new champion. They could've waited a week and reshuffled the women to get someone from Smackdown in the picture as well after the draft. Then have the battle royale with the final 2 having the title match at backlash. That way they have a guaranteed new champion crowned at a PLE.

Logan Paul on Raw tonight, who is next to challenge him, Bron now on Raw, Melo on SD, JD of TJD, Ilja Dragunov?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,384 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Oh yes Raw's newest member, I forgot about him but thought he might be feuding with Drew until Punk is ready

Apparently we could have Punk and Braun tonight, maybe announcing draftees

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭Cotts72

The drama when they are both drafted to....RAW ....as you were folks move along now nothing to see here

Maybe a couple more NXT callups. Dragunov?

• Advertisement

I wonder why Steph wouldn't use her marriage name now as back in WWE, distance herself from daddy Vinny Mac or just go as Stephanie or Steph

Yeah it's a little odd

You'd almost think she's not married anymore or something

Crazy to think herself and trips daughters are teenagers at this point

Guess we won't be seeing Cody vs Punk for a while

LWO to Raw with "Carlito" is interesting

I'm surprised Damage Ctrl to Raw as I thought we would get Dakota vs. Bayley

Hon the Irish

Another one of our own on the main roster. Congrats to Lyra

Nick the SD GM will be delighted having Ms. Green

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I heard rumors that Steph and Triple H are estranged at this point. Of course, who knows, just rumors, none of us know them. But…you wouldn't know.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Supplemental Draft last night after Raw.

Following the conclusion of last night's WWE Monday Night Raw, the draft continued on social media with the final few picks being made by the two brands. Here's who WWE announced as being drafted:
    WWE Raw

• Odyssey Jones
    • Dijak
    • Kayden Carter & Katana Chance
    • Natalya
    • The Creed Brothers & Ivy Nile
    • Tyler Bate & Pete Dunn (New Catch Republic)

WWE Smackdown

• Apollo Crews
    • Giovanni Vinci
    • Tegan Nox

Odyssey Jones has to be a rib at this stage.

• Advertisement

Thought I posted something late last night but evidently I dreamed it🤣

That was a better draft than Friday, mainly things stay the same but the subtle little switches do freshen up both rosters quite a bit. The LWO switching to RAW was much needed as they seemed to be in a never-ending saga with Legado Del Fantasma (likely to switch now to feuding with Dom again on and off!) Likewise Final Testament moving across is no harm and they should add a bit of depth to the tag division, I'd expect them to take the belts off Truth and Miz at some point.

Andrade and Nakamura will benefit from going to Smackdown I think and we also get Nia and Becky seperated as it seems they've been feuding forever at this stage.

Damage Ctrl coming back to RAW also gives the women's division a much needed boost along with Kiana James and Lyra of course.

NXT additions are decent too.

Advertisement