Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Redundancy Pay

• 30-04-2024 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, I will be made redundant 1 week before completing 2 years. I know I am not eligible for redundancy payments.But normally do companies pay "something" as a compensation?

The company is completely shutting down.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Avatar in the Post

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Probably not if they are closing down, have no money and no need to maintain their reputation.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

No way to know without more details, are they being bought out and shutting down local operations or are they run into the ground and running a loss. If they are broke AF, might be worth seeing can they hold you on for a week so you get something out of the redundancy payments scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stephenjohny92

It is a nursing home. Notice period has been not handed over.I believe may be this week they are going to give notice period. Even though they give 1 week notice period as I am less than 2 year employed.I will be short by 2 days for completion of my 2 year( including notice period )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Avatar in the Post

You add whatever time served up to your end date plus your notice period (if beyond your finish date) to the time you worked. Hopefully you get your 5 weeks redundancy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Ted222

Any untaken annual leave (calculated on a pro-rata basis) should be added to your last day of actual work. This might be sufficient to allow you to qualify for statutory redundancy.

Advertisement