Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bruce Springsteen General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,040 ✭✭✭Fanirish

it’s a 3hour plus show, he will probably be on around 7:15 or so as they give 15 minutes for late arrivals etc.

Strict curfew of 10:30pm imposed by council.
    so not sure how 7pm stage time is nonsense.
    Everyone and the mother knows that Bruce shows are 3 hour long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,753 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I can understand it for the Kilkenny and Croke Park shows been on a Sunday but the other 2 are a Thursday nights

If only they done another 'wrecking ball weekender' for Kilkenny and had support

Thursday nights in residential areas in school term that people will be walking thru for 30/45 minutes after the show.
    Always a trade off. Can’t be having tens of thousands of drunk people In residential streets after 11 on a weeknight. Residents are naturally keen on 10:30 curfew

Are these the first of the 'big outdoor gigs' for this year ?

I knw a handful of small festivals happening over the weekend but nothing of this calibre

• Advertisement

yeah first big shows, then usual craziness of June/July then added august/September with ac/D.C. and Coldplay

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Essielo

Hi just listed 2 standing tickets for resale for Cork gig if anyone interested cannot go due to work :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DerryKevin

Hi, I am not planning on going to the Dublin gig, but as it gets closer I might just drive down on the day and grab a ticket then. Does Ticketmaster have a booth at the grounds open on the day to sell any extra tickets and if so what time does it open on the day? What would be the chances of getting a standing ticket from either there or another fan before the show? It would have to be standing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Quite possibly you could get a resale ticket on the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DerryKevin

I was thinking of riding down on my motorbike. Does anyone know if the Croke Park hotel would keep my gear/helmet, jacket etc. in their storage room for me even though I would not be staying at the hotel?

• Advertisement

not sure how anyone on here would be able to tell you that. Up to the whim of staff at a busy hotel on a Bruce Springsteen show day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,944 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

No, they'll be jammed out the door with concert goers and will rightly tell you to piss off.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Pinkman

He has now sold over 1m tickets here according to Aiken. Apart from U2, who else if anyone, would have sold more than Bruce in Ireland?

https://www.hotpress.com/music/bruce-springsteen-set-to-perform-to-his-millionth-irish-fan-by-end-of-month-23021074

Ed sheeran has done over a million here between multiple croke parks, Phoenix parks, PUC, limerick, Galway and Belfast and has sold more than Bruce here.
    Westlife have probably sold the most tickets in ireland over last twenty years. They have played SSE something crazy like 70 times, croke park, aviva, Puc and 3 arena dozens of times.

Someone has 4 tickets listed for resale for Belfast at £69 each. Even with the rip-off TM additional fees it works out at £82.10 for a single ticket , £320.15 for all 4.

Wonder what the 'justification' for the higher fees with the resales ?

An extra button pressed for the 'TM guru'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭weadick

Depressing to think that many people have such terrible taste in music.

They were only taking £6 in total originally per ticket, now it's over 3 times that. And if you go to search for tickets they don't show that there are resale ones available until you search for the standard ones - they only show up at the bottom after that, and you have to scroll down to see them. Obviously hoping that people will buy those without realising they could get them cheaper on resale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Its a 15% charge of the original face value plus handling fee of 2.95 they charge for resale tickets.

Its money for jam as its all automated anyway.

vat has to be charged on the resale transaction so that’s a chunk of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Anybody want to swap 2 standing tickets for seated in Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Sounds like Europe is gonna get some deeper cuts from Letter to You.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

I'd love if he reinstated If I Was the Priest.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2), Oasis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,346 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

If you rearrange the letters in Bruce Springsteen, it's Burger Scent Penis, weird

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭kenn0

Kilkenny is ready for The Boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Steveimitation

Why do you say this? (about europe getting deeper cuts from LTY)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

Because this was the live soundcheck in Cardiff this evening

A Rainy Night in Soho

Lonesome Day

So Young and in Love

Frankie Fell in Love

Janey need a Shooter

If I was the Priest

He also released a tribute to Duane Eddy this evening. Could play something in tribute.

Expectations for tomorrow are huge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭interlocked

If they don't don't all appear in one show, which I suspect they won't, I think the Irish shows are going to be very loose set wise.

'Lonesome Day' is on my 'wishlist'

'A Raining night in soho' is an intresting one and would fit the Irish shows. Didn't Bruce visit the late great Shane last year ?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,124 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Currently in Cardiff where they have brought forward the gate opening time from 5 to 4

Stewards have been told he will be on at 6.45 with around 10pm finish

Advertisement