Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭littlevillage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Did anyone ever notice the ridiculous background noise the producers use when there is a scene in the living room or "front room" of the Fair City residents houses??

Noticed this on one episode last week - the sound effects they use to mimic outside noise resembles a boy racers convention with the amount of cars revving up & loud exhaust noises!

Keep a listen out for it during the next scene in any of the character's living rooms!!

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

was Robin (mechanic) in it recently; or Ali (Carol DIL)

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

Yes I have noticed those sounds too when using headphones watching it on the player. Not when watching on TV, my hearing not the best though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

The murder victim could be a lot of people …. it could be Jane …. Charlotte …. Maria accountant …. that drug dealer girl in the set up house can't think of name …. it almost def will be someone associated with Zak in some way to point the finger towards Zak as the killer …..

Zak will not be the killer …. so that leaves room for speculation on who it will be …. Goo Eyes and Fergal are obvious contenders …. but I get the feeling it will be none of these 'hard men' types …. Goo Eyes is tougher in image than he is and Fergal a very interesting character is more of a mess than a murderer …. we also have Steo Nash and his mates …. Steo himself seems decent enough for now but a bit of a waster when he is not at work …. but there is huge potential to add in plenty nasty new characters via his mates …. many of who he met in prison …. Beau and James Rafferty are other remote possibilities …. we do not know much about Beau but it is hardly James …. like Zak James is a lot of devious things but he does not come across as a killer ….

I guess it could be one of Goo Eyes or Fergal's associates …. or some gangster or serial killer even someone not introduced …. Still and all my money is on Georgie ….. like Kerri Ann he seems a harmless clown …. but why the interest in this case and the actions of the guilty party like sending flowers to the site and trying to get info out of the young Garda ?? … Georgie has a Ciaran-like presence here …. and there are very strong vibes he is either guilty or knows exactly what happened …..Georgie will be the key to this I feel whether he did it himself or witnessed who did it …. or heard about who did it in his job ….

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Zak will be blamed …. then it will turn to Fergal …. then perhaps to Goo Eyes …. but none of them will be the guilty party …. meanwhile Georgie will be everywhere offering sympathies and interfering with the investigation …. because he will be the guilty one …. same as Ciaran the time ….

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Nevermind the spoilers the victim has been named here 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 86,127 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Georgie's behaviour is suspicious but why would he not have killed Gwen and framed Zak, that would be a good storyline I think

The storylines seem to have no endings

How is Tommy managing to pay rent alone on Barry's house to Hughie, why has Dearbhla not moved in with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

The killer is Gwen. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Didn't think laura halpin was a handbag type of person

• Registered Users Posts: 16,534 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Who needs Bumble or Hinge when a date cane be arranged at the nearest murder site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

I thought Zak was on the run, wanted over Carol's kidnapping and the diamond

It's quite obvious now a certain person is the perpetrator, or maybe I got the idea from here 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

Yeah he was acting guilty as sin in the latest episode. He almost seems too obvious now.

I was thinking the same thing. Thought he was wanted for theft and suspected kidnapping. But Fidelma was acting like he wasn't a wanted criminal.

So does Zak timestamp his nudes on the off-chance he'll need them as an alibi one day? 🤣

Had to laugh at Orla and Kira discussing the secret affair.....in the community centre which was the most crowded its ever been. When the plot requires it, every conversation in there is audible from the front door so it's only a matter of time before someone will overhear if they keep chatting about it there. Lucky for them Leo's crooning probably drowned out their conversation

Are we to believe Kira is in love with Victor now, cannot give him up

Georgie a killer, his behaviour is just weird now

• Advertisement

I'm actually hoping Gwen is the killer and Georgie knew/helped cover up but kept quiet against his better judgement and regrets it all now but can't confess without serious consequences for himself. At least if Gwen is the killer we'd be rid of her soon enough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭threetrees

Who lives in the old Halpin house now? Was it sold to Joan who let it out to Gwen, Georgie etc?

So Laura comes back to her family home, knows it's sold but has an encounter with a tenant? The guards are going down the wrong path if they investigate Georgie. Gwen is a possibility!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭halkar

I thought Laura left after house sold to Joan with her share of the sale. Seriously all fair city writers should be sacked. Why is Rte wasting our money on these writers that probably cant even write their names?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Ridiculous crime investigation set-up; kip of a basement room and two local Gardai. A real murder would be centralised in a big proper Garda station. No way one of the Gardai at the scene would engage with a blow-in (Georgie) let alone a local.

So Damien's mother was murdered and now his Sister - all a bit much.

Carols's outburst in the pub the other night was cringe, like does she want to keep any customers..

I can only imagine how convoluted this storyline will go trying to link murdered person to murderer. Will be all tied up in knots by this Sundays episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

They wrote such shite for the character that nobody cared about her when she was in the show.. so why will anyone care about the murder storyline for her when she hasn’t been seen for years?

Yeah the crime scene thing is a bit of a joke. Literally everyone dropping by for a chat. Tommy, Carol, Ray, Cass, Georgie, Sharon and a few others who were mentioned to have visited off screen. And not one of them has a bit of shame. They'd be the very ones complaining about rubber neckers. Ronan is worse for indulging them, surprised his colleagues haven't given him a good talking to

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

and the rookie guard Ronan announcing to his Chief detective that there has been a major breakthrough in the murder case,

In a normal Garda investigation he would get pointy shoe toe in the hole!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,534 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Wonder how the writers are going to explain how Damien was going around for the last few months without a care in the world when his sister was making no contact with him.

Would he not have been just a bit concerned that he didn't even get a text in all that length of time?

Any chance the killer will strike again I wonder?

Its actually quite a good storyline if they don't go and make a dogs dinner of it like they usually do.

Post edited by Galwayguy35 on

Advertisement