Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla Model 3 and Model Y Waiting Room and Delivery Queries (No referral links)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

yes, 41,832 to 38,607. That should be a 3 alright 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭jobrien19

Now all I need is some sort of cut in the PCP finance rate so I can pull the trigger… Glad they were refusing to stand over the 0% PCP on the MY now as it was second fiddle to the New M3!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Blue Ice

I called Finance Ireland last week to confirm 0% finance HP before handing over deposit. MY RWD Est. Delivery 8 May - 23 May

It did however they told me initially that it wasn't going to so I didn't bother proceeding with the MY we were going to buy. Much more likely to go for the new M3 once our PCP is up next month now though with the price drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭redlead

how likely is this? The model Y is actually close to the same price as the model 3 if buying through finance. Puts me off buying the M3 even though that’s the one I want.

Nobody knows is the issue. I'd imagine unlikely condiering the new M3 has only just been released however they have just reduced the price by around €3k which I also didn't expect. We were far more likely to go for the MY a few weeks ago with the 0% finance even though we also kind of only really wanted the new M3 however now with the price drop the M3 is probably better value for the money for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

Personally I'd go with the M3 simply because it has the LFP battery but that's down to my commute to work which can be as little as 250km round trip or sometimes 400km round trip (3 times a week).

While the MY would cover the distances in milder weather it would need a significant charge in colder weather to cover the longer distance whereas the M3 in colder weather would only need a splash and dash.

Each to their own really. I guess it all comes down to your needs.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 17 quandrolina

Anyone else have a confirmed delivery date for model Y in Cork? May17th-Jun1st

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Got this message from Tesla today, waiting on Model 3 RWD…

"Hi,

I hope you are well.

We are having issues registering cars with the revenue at the moment. This will cause a delay with your collection.

The revenue have given us a lead time of 2-3 weeks before its resolved. Once we get the go ahead we can start registering cars again, we will book you in for collection.

Apologies for the wait we appreciate your patience.

Kindest Regards

Tesla delivery Team"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 Seb21

Is the boat arriving in Ireland tomorrow? Does anyone know if the MY is also experiencing this revenue issue?

normal after a price adjustment. Revenue takes time to sort it.

Seen someone on FB saying they got the delayed message for a MYP. So yeah, looks like they are effected too after their price adjustment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 arunke1

same here 17 may-1 june

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stephenwyse

I haven't heard a thing from Tesla since ordering new model 3 at the start of January. App still says 8th - 23rd May delivery for me. No update to the cost either - still showing the old cost in app.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

This thread would put you off buying a Tesla. 🙂

It’s teslas own fault for providing so much info pre sale. People expect the apps to change and update in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stephenwyse

Yeah it's not a big deal. It'll be here when it's here the same as any car. Part of the attraction of tesla for me was not having to interact with dealers anymore generally but it is a bit odd when some people seem to get email updates etc. and others get nothing. I only knew I had a VIN assigned because I happened to check the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Seb21

Anyone know if the ship arrived in Dublin or when it’s expected?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 chickenfilletroll

A ship from zeeburge arrived in Dublin yesterday at about 4 pm. Absolutely no idea what was on it now, but It was the schelde highway which goes back and forth between Dublin and Belgium quite often, it's actually already on its way back today.

• Advertisement

Hi Seb21, Going on the limited info available, there was a shipment of Irish(RHD) M3 and MY on the Tannhauser which docked in Zeebrugge on the 29th/30th April. The Schelde Highway is normally the boat that ship cars from Zeebrugge to Dublin, it had already left Zeebrugge so probably does not have any Teslas on it. If your car is in the country then you should be able to schedule a day of pickup in the app. Schelde Highway should leave Dublin later today back to Zeebrugge, 2 day trip. Unsure if it is coming straight back to Dublin or going somewhere else first. If it is coming straight back then early next week about the 7th/8th May it should dock into Dublin port. That would be tight as it can be up to 2 weeks to get them from Dublin port to delivery dates between the May 17th - June 1st estimated delivery window. I was told by a Tesla rep a couple of weeks back that the shipment was due into Dublin port on the 6th May but shipments can always be a couple of days late.

In regards to the revenue and price change issue. Depends on the price you paid when booking the car. If it was a price that was the same back in February then that should mean the car can be registered with revenue. If you booked the car after the price change in April then the car will most likely have to wait until revenue update their systems (2-3 weeks) with the new price and the relevant change in VRT being charged based on the new price. I spoke yesterday with a Tesla Rep o the phone and he said your order should not be impacted by the price change. My order date was Mar 28th for a MY standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Inconspicuous

Thanks for that quandrolina. I've been watching everything tesla delivery related since I ordered a rwd MY on the 21st of March. I have an estimated delivery date of 8th-23rd May (which I'm seriously doubting will be honoured at this stage). I was looking at the Tannhauser and wondering if my car was on it. Like you said she docked in Zeebrugge after the Schelde Highway had left Zeebrugge so unlikely that any Teslas were on her. Looking at the arrivals page for Dublin Port, I see there is another RORO ship (the Celine) due in on the 5th of May from Zeebrugge. Does anyone know if this ship (or it's owner CLdN) is used to bring Tesla cars here? If not I can only hope that the cars are sitting in port in Zeebrugge and will be picked up by the Schelde Highway on her return.

I'm also a member of the teslamotorsclub website and follow a thread on shipping movements made by a user called Mr. Miserable. He seemed to think that after the Tannhauser docked in Barcelona that there were no more Telsas left on board when she travelled on to Zeebrugge. He thinks that there's a possibility that our cars are on the RCC Compass that is due to dock in Southampton on the 8th of May and that this ship may travel on to Zeebrugge to offload our cars. That would certainly push out the delivery dates even further

The lack of information from Tesla is the most frustrating part. I'm only hoping that there will be no issue in registering them with Revenue when they do land here, because it would really annoy me to know that the car is sitting in a depot down the road and I can't collect it because of bureaucracy 😀

Hi Inconspicuous, There is a link on Morten Grove Captain of All Tesla Ships which gives some info on the Tannhauser.

looks like you could be right about the Celine, it’s main purpose is vehicle shipments.

Post edited by quandrolina on

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PurpleShrub

Hey there!

Also waiting for a MY RWD. Ordered March 8th and my delivery in the app is May-June (no dates).

When did everyone start seeing the May 14-June 1 date range?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Uwakiss

same, ordered march 12th. what colour did you order. i think that is my issue. i ordered midnight cherry (then it was red)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PurpleShrub

Ordered Stealth Grey, then they changed it to Quicksilver.

Hopefully they won’t push the delivery date again :)

From what I hear in the Tesla motor club forum for UK cars your MY will come from the Berlin Giga factory and mid June to July might be more realistic date range. If you have a VIN assigned then you can tell where is was made.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Uwakiss

Yeah, when the colours changed, EDD changed to june-july. A couple of weeks later, went to may-june. Keeping fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SomethingUnique

I ordered a standard White RWD MY earlier this week. The website said expected delivery May-June but when I got my RN, the app says it will be Aug-Sep! Is this correct or will the date on the app change??

• Advertisement

it could change. There’s a boat on route at the moment.

Advertisement