Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,553 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

May Games

Antonio claims Klopp said to Salah on touchline '' do you want to sit back down'' , and that's when Salah got mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,522 ✭✭✭✭noodler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The show itself is about processes though isn't it? Like, whether or not the right VAR processes were carried out. Do they ever talk about the final ref decision? I'm not sure i can remember them doing that… it's more whether the right things were done to give the best chance of the right outcome, so in that case saying the ref should have been sent to the monitor is the critique of the process there, which would have given the ref the best chance of reaching the correct outcome.

Guessing that means the new kit will be a striped one, like the one from the '84 Rome European Cup Final season.

<edit> oh and, with a rewatch, obviously with the stripes on his little tea cup, probably an update on the 84 design with those bits of slanted horizontal lines in there too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,313 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

He also said West Ham would finish ahead of Liverpool this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

VVD is wearing the kit under the jacket. You can see the white collar, the red body and narrow yellow stripes.

• Advertisement

6 out of the top 10 scorers in PL are English, made anagrams out of them to hide who they are

Locale Perm

Saintlike Owl

Iceland Kimonos

Banjo Reword

Fondle Hip

Kayak Boa Us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭Damien360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭atilladehun

No, not all time, this season so far. The current top 10 contains 6 English players, which is incredible, a lot of English talent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,792 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That was a great CL game and very enjoyable it has to be said. I have to get myself over to Dortmund for a game sometime soon.

My though exactly.

Delighted to have a team to support!

• Advertisement

Also, Dortmund just confirmed themselves a CL place for 5th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭Iscreamkone

Another bad European night for Spurs?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,303 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'll play so.

Cole Palmer

Ollie Watkins

Dominic Solanke

Jarrod Bowen

Phil Foden

Bukayo Saka

What prize do I win? 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Hopefully it's not the kit that has been leaked because that is a crime.

And I'm too old to give a s*it but Nike have really made one of the worst home jerseys I've ever seen for any team if it is.

Showed it to my young lad and he taught I was messing with him. The horror in his face lol!

Fingers crossed 🤞

• Advertisement

Yeah that looks to be the one alright from the pattern teased in the VVD video. Era, it's grand - we've got nigh on the perfect simple clean one now (love the current one), so no harm in a bit of a mad change for the last Nike one. And sure with its roots in that 84 team it's a kinda nice touch, even if the horizontal-line aspects of the pattern are a bit nuts. As with many of the more out-there designs over the years, I'm sure it'll be a hit with the kids.

They always end up looking better in person/on tv than the initial pictures too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 287 ✭✭realrebel

IS this the new kit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,556 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So the good news is that I remember the post you’re on about.

The bad news is that they’ve butchered the search function on here so it’s impossible to find it.

But the really good news is that I managed to dig up my painstakingly true to life photoshop from said post deep in my folders:

January 2015. Hard to believe 9 years have gone that quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭Talisman

I think Klopp is a genius when it comes to matters on the football pitch and managing the players, but he is also a flawed individual. Man City financial doping or FSG refusing to spend money are easy excuses to explain the difficulties of Klopp's Liverpool, but he should never have been given control over player recruitment.

He stated several times that the money was available but he didn't want to spend it. The fact that serious money was spent on the midfield last summer supports the argument that money was not the issue.

The former chairman of Dortmund, Watzke, said that Klopp was obstinate about transfer targets, if they couldn't sign the player he wanted he would sulk and forego signing an alternative option until their transfer committee or the coaches could persuade him otherwise. That is the same behaviour he has exhibited in his time at Liverpool.

He was willing to go without signing a player in 2017 because Julian Brandt chose not to join Liverpool. Edwards and the analytics team spent weeks convincing him to sanction the signing of Salah.

Ragnar Klavan and Dejan Lovren both left without being replaced because Klopp didn't see the need. He was happy with the players he had and Joe Gomez was available to supplement Matip and van Dijk. There was also Nat Phillips and Rhys Williams if needed. The defending league champions went into the new season with three senior central defenders, two of whom had a history of being unavailable for long spells. Was Klopp high on the euphoria of having won the league at a canter? When the three centre backs got injured he chose to gut the midfield rather than trust Phillips and Williams. The season took a nose dive and only when he was forced to field the two of them and restore the midfield did the team stop shipping goals and got back to winning games.

In 2022, Klopp got in a spat with the journalists at a press conference over the need for a midfielder. His challenge to them was to name a better midfield player than the main trio that was available to sign. That was the epitome of arrogance, the point that was put to him was the need for a player other than James Milner to supplement main trio. There were at least three midfield players who were not physically up to the challenge of consistently appearing in the team. It was obvious to everyone that at least one physically capable midfield player was required, Thiago, Jones, Oxlade-Chamberlain, and Keita were all injured. A few weeks later, Henderson suffered a hamstring injury and Klopp's comment on the matter in the following press conference was along the lines of "What do you want me to say? You were right, I was wrong, we need another midfield player. Happy now?".

I will contend that that reason players weren't signed was because the players he wanted to work with were not available or weren't interested in signing for him/Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I honestly think the collars are horrible 😭. The black GK kit is on fire though 😍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭decies

the collars are getting no love . Mind you if we had won the league the shirt would sell out now people can afford to be more critical .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Very interesting reading that.

A lot of detail there I wasn't aware of.

I was always under the impression it was the club holding back when there were obvious weak spots in CB and CM etc…

Very interesting and feels somewhat unbelievable in a way. Unbelievable that an elite manager would look at 3 CBs and say that will do me for 50/60 games.

Especially with all the time Klopp spends complaining about work load and schedules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,808 ✭✭✭Enzokk

They look odd, is the best way I can put it, but hopefully it is one of those that once it is on the players and on the pitch it makes more sense and looks better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭Talisman

That Collar , 😵

It's like the front of the shirt needs pulling down, as if it's all bundled up through a tackle.😅

Yeah collar is yuck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Not a fan of that jersey at all. Makes me miss Warrior it’s that bad.

Has Nike made a nice home jersey in the last few years?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Do you think Nunez would have started for any of the four CL semi finalists the last two nights? If the answer is no, then he isn’t it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i think he starts for PSG, and probably Dortmund.

But regardless, I don't think he'll be what we want him to be. I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

well Slick, not often we disagree, but having watched both games this week the idea Nunez belonged on either pitch is delusional, imo

Also, while I’m here, I will continue to heartily lol (in a condescending manner, for clarity) at the ‘tREnT cANt deFEnD’ people

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Well, he probably butchers the chance Dortmund scored from, but, sure he brings the chaos or whatever!

I've always been of the view that players should be given time to settle in and while he has improved this season, he simply isn't of the required standard of what we need and I don't think he''ll get there. I don't really mind if he stays or goes in the summer, maybe Slot might get him a tune out of him, but, if he stays and doesn't improve next season then he definitely would have to be shipped out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

I am wondering how Slot will work with Nunez…from watching a few videos and reading articles, Slot is a lot calmer in possession. It's not balls to the mayhem that we have seem with Klopp which could benefit Nunez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Yeah i do. But that's a inane way to try make your point.

Look, i not gonna die on the "Nunez is great" cross. He has been poor for a while. I've seen enough in the early and mid season to keep him for next season and hope the new regime can improve him. You and many other posters feel we're past that point. Arguments can be made either way and neither view is preposterous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Didn't Joyce report that Chelsea tried to buy Nunez last summer, after his first (worse performing) season? I don't doubt that other CL level clubs would be interested in him this summer myself, after a better season.

We've seen plenty of examples of players not cutting it in the PL but being big successes elsewhere. His fellow countryman Diego Forlan probably the best example.

This video has cropped up on my timeline the last day or so. Has this been coached out of him? The natural finishes don't seem to be as prevalent these days as in this clip. He's clearly a confidence player. When he is confident, he takes that early shot and doesn't over think it and second guess himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

He's had the best manager in the world at improving players for the last two years, i think it's very debatable if he has actually improved since he joined us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Was there some here worried that spurs could over take us?

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭bdmc16

No since 20+ GD wasn’t going to be overturned even if all games won by spurs.

Really hope we smash them this weekend. The hypocrisy from spurs and their fans around VAR since our game has been hilarious. Big failure to miss top 4 for spurs for all the ange hype start of season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Videos like this can be deceptive, you could easily put together a video of his highlights for this season that shows he's "a natural finisher", but, we all know how he has struggled to put away so many great chances, the opposition in those matches aren't of the same standard he plays against in the primier league. The other thing is there's no crowd there ( due to Covid) so no pressure from the crowd, that wouldhave to have some effect.

Chelsea being interested really isn't a ringing endorsement, considering some of the dross they have overpaid for in the last few years!

whatever about the conversation of if he’s good enough - but he’s improved a huge amount since last year. Like, aside from way more goals and assists, every part of his game got much better. Much better holding up the ball, much better decision making with passes, much better choice of runs. Even ignoring stats, on the eye test he’s come on a long way (aside from a few recent weeks of regress). He still has work to do on some of those as well, but definitely better than last season.

At least we have CL next season, CL but not as we know it, different format next season, a whole new world, a new fantastic point of view. Each side will play eight matches against eight different teams , four at home and four away, between September and January, on four different continents, Asia, Australia, Antartica & South America

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

What a weird feeling heading into this weekends fixtures with little to play for; 3 games left and we're done in terms of title contention. Yet if you consider odd refereeing decisions in just 3 games (Spurs away, Arsenal home, City home), and the possible 7 point swing as a result (also meaning -1 each for City & Arsenal), in an alternate world we would be on 82 points, Arsenal on 79, City 78. Oh well!

Also, who's to say if we hadn't taken more points in those 3 games (like we should have), that our heads wouldn't have dropped over the last few weeks? Confidence breeds confidence, just look at Leverkusen in Germany…. when it goes for you, it goes for you. If we had not been ripped off in those 3 games in particular, I think we would be in cruise mode right now imo, and dare I say, still in at least one of either the FA Cup or Europa League. Margins, margins…

• Advertisement
Advertisement