Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

COC for a BMW 3 Series (Japan Import)

Options
  • 03-05-2024 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm in the process of importing a car from Japan and I can see I need a COC for registration and for paying VRT.

I've requested the seller for the same, but they charge around $500 for that. I can see some online services providing that for around $200. Has anybody used any of those services and what would be the recommendations here to go through these services or have it done through the seller?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭JPup

Importing a BMW from Japan is unusual. They aren’t produced there and non-Japanese brands have a very low market share.

Are you confident in the seller and the history of the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 zeerox92

I'm importing it from JapanCarInfo.com - they are JUMVEA members. I am getting complete history of car's maintenance and service history. That's all i've confirmed so far.

The reason why am I importing it from Japan is because the car has very low mileage on it and getting it a much better price here in Ireland. I can see lots of car dealers here in Ireland do that as we..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's not though. Lots of dealers here importing used European models such as BMW, Audi, VW and even Fords from Japan now since Brexit killed UK imports. Cars don't have to be manufactured in Japan to be sold there.

Advertisement