Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time for a zero refugee policy? - *Read OP for mod warnings and threadbans - updated 11/5/24*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭bobster453

Issues around immigration have been there for years be it unfortunates spending years in direct provision or a lack of political will to resolve issues.

All exacerbated by Putins war and invasion of Ukraine. Brexit hasnt helped either as we are the only english speaking country left in the EU and the highest number of immigrants apart from Ukraine come from Nigeria which again due to the empire has a large proportion of english speakers.

However, as seen years ago on the comedy series Yes Minister, it is civil servants who pull the strings not the politicians.

All politicians newly elected become rapidly subsumed in the system once civil servants tell them what they can and cannot do.

Doesnt matter what platform they were elected on.

Better the devil you know than one you dont.

I live where there are 2 independents who will jump on any bandwagon and spout whatever soundbites they need for public consumption and yet always..always vote with the government because it is expedient.

So dont expect any different from anyone who gets elected..its just the system we have.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fran38

Yeah that was my point. Unless they start deporting, which is not going to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

I believe a journalist from the Irish times gave the same spiel as well.

So if you're from North County Dublin or the rest of the country saying this makes you a racist and you're part of the "far right" but if you're from South Dublin these are perfectly legitimate excuses.

If really is unbelievable how much contempt for the working classes leftists in Ireland have and the pure gall they have to think they can get away with.

Sorry but I do not accept that ordinary hardworking people would purposely destroy anybodys property..they work too hard keeping the roof over their heads to do that.

Have you any proof to back up your claims?

Personally I believe it is either the usual radical ragheads or dregs of society who do it for the craic.

Agreed but what is driving them here?

Is it Rwandafear as Sunak claims or is it our welfare system?

Must be some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,931 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Yeah but we won't be voting for cute hoors like them. So called Independent Fianna Fail and Independent Fine Gael. From the gene pools.

That is unless they nail their colours so firmly to the mast, that betrayal is unthinkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭slay55

I think largely due to O’Gorman promising them keys to their own home after 4 months.

also the lavish benefits on offer to entice them

Lastly , knowing they don’t need to work or integrate- set up for life on the benefits

This has very little to do with Rwanda- that’s the government just trying to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Fred Cryton

Could we not find another third world country that is definitely safe, and fly them there. A Rwanda style deal except not Rwanda. Botswana is booming these days.

Where did the idea come from that a sense of persecution entitles you to come to a first world country and be put up by the taxpayer in hotels? Step back for a minute at the absurdity of it. Reminds me of seeing those Pakistani guys being served breakfast by hard working Eastern European waitresses in a hotel down the West. If you don't laugh you'll cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭tom23

our system is soft they know this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fran38

The gov does not want to fly anyone or get rid by any other means. This is a plan to enlarge our population for reasons only knoen to our elites. Some conspiracy theries will tell us that its to dampen our nationalist fervour, maybe to destabilise our combined wealth to usher in a 'you'll have nothing and you'll be glad about it' new world order type scenario. But whatever the reasons are, it's all by plan. So no, nobody is going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭baldbear

Was reading a terrible story of a an attempted rape in town.

"The court heard Mohamed claimed to be from Somalia, which he had fled in 2017. He was in direct provision in Italy before being refused asylum in Germany, Italy and France. He travelled to Holland, where he got a false Swedish passport, which he destroyed while travelling to Ireland"

Stories like these make me sick. No mention of him been immediately deported after prison release.

Are people not fingerprinted when they apply for asylum here so previous European applications are shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭combat14

considering simon harris got in on the 15th count people would want to be very careful with their vote to effect real change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

horrible story. I seriously fear situations like this will become commonplace.

I’ve a massive question here and it involves the present existing sex offenders register. How does this register exist in its full & rightful manner when we have such a massive amount of undocumented MALE foreign arrivals being admitted with zero historical documentation? Is the Irish government responsible if a vulnerable person or child is abducted or attacked?

Let's face the reality here. They are the entity that has facilitated that person into the country that has committed the abduction / attack.

This is going to have horrific consequences and it won’t surprise me in the least that RTE (goebbels level propaganda media) will probably not cover the realities of these crimes when they’re ultimately committed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭drserious4

We have a nice local man running in the local election here. Well liked, decent community man. Have voted for him before, as have all my family. Unfortunately he is Fianna Fail and a vote for him is a vote for the same old policies so I will not be doing it again.

It really is worth remembering when you cast your vote whether the nice local lad's party are likely to do anything about the migration mess we find ourselves with.

That rules out FF, FG, SF, GP, SD, LAB and PBP. Am I leaving anyone out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭nachouser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭nachouser

This thread is a parody now.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Repro212

Absolutely Slay55, 200%. The mass influx began long before Rwanda and is down to the virtue signalling clowns in power. Like certain posters on here, these politicians have nothing but contempt for their own people but would sell their soul for those that have poured in under false pretences. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭aziz

Yeah , 15th count and now Taoiseach,how lucky can you be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭combat14

interesting to hear ivan yates believes upcoming june elections are a referendum on migration

he could well be right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭riddles

This is the case across the country. A lot of councillors will say they can’t effect change on decisions coming from central government down to country managers. Well if that is the case they should run as independents to reflect this discontent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,325 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

• Registered Users Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭brickster69

This lady seems to know what she is talking about and sounds quite sensible

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Coolcormack1979

Katie Holland,Ivana Bacik,hazel chu, you want them u house them in D4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭DeadHand

He is.

The referendum was also, to a lesser extent. It was more a statement of how wretchedly unpopular this government is, though the main objection the nation has with this disgraceful administration is their calamitous handling of migration.

They haven't simply done nothing, they've actively made the situation worse.

The vast majority are thoroughly sick of this government and their feeble submission to endless immigration at any and all costs. Their blatant prioritisation of corporate interests, progressivist nonsense and their own supranational standings over the dignity, happiness and security of the Irish nation.

There is a sense out there that the country has changed: it has become more tense and unhappy as a result of de facto open borders.

There is a sense out there that the Irish people and the Irish homeland is being exploited hugely.

We are, it is.

The Sligo, Tullamore and Parnell Square outrages represented an end of innocence moment for us as a nation on this issue. They made clear, in blood, the consequences of the prevailing politic.

And it all chimes with a fundamental, European truth: mass immigration from the Global South is, and always has been, bitterly unpopular among the native peoples of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

General election in October/November. Just around the corner really.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Fotish

I’m inclined to agree with you.

There are people badly in need of protection alright , but these people are sitting in Afghanistan and Syria and places like that, unable to go anywhere.

They are not camping in Mount Street, after swanning around Europe after purchasing false documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Sunjava

We as a country possess no ideology on what we're supposed to be. All ideologies have positive and negative components depending on what perspective you look upon them.. All I can see is a country that is reactive to everything, allows everything and anything to develop and hopes for the best. I'm sure the EU's influence is significant and perhaps there is an institutional effect but we really have no solid principles. It's likely that we had the Catholic church holding us together for so long that we are lost without it, a child orphaned unable to figure out the world. We are like one big NGO, completely based on human rights of this or that...meanwhile things are beginning to crumble.

It's time to stop wanting to be liked by the big kids in school and stand up to the bullies, read the room and grasp what's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭dalyboy

true. 5 to 6 months and counting until early political retirement for many of our sitting ministers and their TD’s

It’ll be interesting to see just how much more damage FF/FG/GP can inflict on us before then. Namely from their authoritarian goodie bag consisting of a supposed hate speech bill (which no democratic citizen asked for or wants) and this wonderful immigration pact that 80%+ of our population are against.

They re probably leaving these two society redefining infliction nuggets as parting gifts to the Irish voting public as their final insult as they leave the dail closing the door behind them after being ousted .

Advertisement