Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champions Cup 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

In awe of the stupidity of the Sharks 15. Just given away a yellow card because he took out a Clermont player who was trying to regather a kick. But it was easier for the 15 to just regather the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

disgraceful from Pearce. SHould have been penalty try. fullback wasn't even looking at the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

Dickson didn’t think it was foul play, which I found even more insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭StormForce13

He didn't think that Danny Care deserved a red card last Saturday either! Guy is a five star cretin!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Gloucester too much for Bennetton in other challenge cup semi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,493 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Stadium only started to fill up about five minutes ago and is nearly full now.

I think the last time I was in Croke Park was 31 years ago, place looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

If Sharks beat Gloucester...that will mean only the top 7 of URC in Champions Cup next year....

Connacht and Ulster could both miss out...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 19,536 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Appaling commentary from RTE ,not the first time they seemed to think that Leinster were home and dried early on.

It was blatantly obvious that Leinster were not converting possession into points and that even one try from Nhampton would shift the momentum…which is exactly what happened.

Not the first time these gloamers have done this. They need to take a look at themselves and cut this fcukkery out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Well said Mr. Bendar.....Hugh Cahill is worse than Ryle Nugent.....i didnt think that was possible...

You'd miss Jim Sherwin and Fred Cogleys innocence....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Madeoface

Yup. He's terrible but sOOoo long on rte they don't bother to check his performance. Said today was urc top v prem top. FFS. Basic journalism. Glasgow are top of URC. He's sh##e

• Advertisement

If I recollect correctly the same two Cahill and Lenihan were at the same thing commentating on a Munster Northampton game in Thomond not too long ago.

Same scenario,Munster are cruising in total control Saints down to 14 players.

They weren’t in total control and Northampton eventually win as they nearly did today,

Surely one of the most experienced pundits in the game ,Lenihan, shouldn’t have been a complacent

as he was in the second half. .. until Northampton rocked in with a try and all bell broke loose.

Can these gloamers not read a game and understand what game momentum is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,050 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Out of interest what are 'gloamers'?

Its a derivation of the Scottish word 'gloaming' which is used to describe the 'half light' between dusk and darkness.

'Gloamers' when referring to people might describe them ,let's say, "In the twilight zone" or maybe " a bit hazy or not fully lit up"

I think that suitably describes the presentation of Cahill and Lenihan on the TV coverage of Leinsters game yesterday and they have form on that .

Northampton were in the game as long as the score remained 20-3..all they needed was one try to change everything and

Cahill and Lenihan seemed oblivious of that …till it happened!!!!

"IN the twilight zone"…. Hope that clears things up.

Toulouse starting hot, it's going to be a very rough day for Harlequins.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,040 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

They already look at sea.

Well, I take it back. Quins hit back very nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Toulouse blatantly in from the side there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,521 ✭✭✭This is it

Entertaining match so far 😂

This game is wild.

Was Kinghorn ahead of the kicker there?

• Advertisement

First replay I didn't think so, but from a few other angles it looked like he was... Pretty tight

Game over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭KH25

Harlequins can’t defend.

That's the end of that I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Quins letting themselves get sucked into the sort of frenetic game Toulouse love. Going to be interesting to see how well Nienbar's system deals with them, Lancaster had them in his pocket.

I was just thinking there I'd love to see Dupont and Marcus Smith play together. I just feel like they both think the same way and it'd be a wonderful half back pairing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Kinghorn maybe a nose ahead but Lynagh was beyond the halfway for that 50:22.

Counterrucks killing Quins.

Two tries from Quins lost lineouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

There was a lot of doom and gloom after the Leinster result yesterday. But Toulouse are definitely beatable.

They're electric on transition and can easily run the length of the pitch to score. Any mistakes made will be pounced upon. They pile players into the breakdown to try and steal ball and launch a counter attack.

You can definitely eke penalties out of them as well. They've conceded some very silly ones at the ruck and put themselves under a lot of pressure. Quins also kicked smartly and found a lot of space in the backfield to exploit.

Toulouse have a habit of scoring two or more trys in quick bursts to take the game away from you. They want you to force the game, make a mistake and give them a chance to transition quickly. But if you can limit your errors and keep your set piece solid you can definitely play your way into the game.

Well the problem for Leinster yesterday was errors. Unforced ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Shocking call there by the ref, Toulouse straight off their feet to kill that ruck

Advertisement