Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v10] Read Post #1 Before Contributing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,478 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes, it was my first week days of college when it aired.

It was strange how the Dillion's ended up in Dolly's house.

Mentioning her.

I thought Dolores was delighted to get the gossip.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,127 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fidelma said the body was fully clothes yet how can dna not be taken, is the face very bashed in, fingerprints etc., I am confused by what condition the dead body is in, I thought just bones by Tommy's reaction

Nice photo of when they all younger and had different heads.

I wouldn't mind Louise Doyle to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Photobox

Looks like Mark has the same head at least in the next episode..you would think Victor and Kira would be wary of meeting up in the house after the last escapade..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭con747

Pure shite writing as normal, Dolores says in the flat she hadn't heard from Laura in ages. Mairead says she rang Dolores when in the garda station later but Dolores hadn't heard from Laura in ages 😂 Fidelma says she never knew Laura but then her and the inspector gadget lookalike detective say the corpse was wearing clothes similar to what Laura wears, who told them that? Damo and Mark not being concerned after 3 odd months hearing nothing from their sister, only in fair city land.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Sean went with Olwan and he was back in 2 or 3 episodes later with no mention of Olwan AFAIR

Yes, Mondo is the only current cast member.

That photo is very of it's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Otis Hill

Yeah that was another nonsensical plot. Didn't Sean have to go with her to drive the van that Cass used back because she was afraid of flying on her own but also couldn't drive because her eyesight had deteriorated with age? So Sean flew over with her, they got Cass out of jail and then he and Cass drove back in the van leaving a partially blind senior citizen behind in a foreign country? Or did they fly back and leave the partially blind AuldWan to drive the van around in a country with looser driving regulations???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭threetrees

So when the guards ask Damo etc when they were last in contact with Laura, wouldn't you think he'd go to his phone and see the last text, phone call or WhatsApp? I wouldn't remember when someone was in touch, but my phone knows! Also, a bit stalker-ish but if I see on WhatsApp the last time the person was active, and it was a few days ago, I'd check!

God forgive me, but when my mum is away and my dad is alone in the house I sometimes check to see when he was active last. If I phone him too many times he just gets annoyed and says it's ok I'm still alive!

• Advertisement

It's beyond ridiculous now. No consistency whatsoever. First the gardai said the time line was sometime in the last 3 years, then it was shortened to 3 months, then specifically 11th, 12th or 13th of Jan. I would presume that there's a massive difference between 3 months and 3 years in terms of how much decomposition would occur. Unless Laura was killed on her way back from a medieval cosplay / re-enactment event, there's no way Tommy and the rest could be speculating it was viking remains. Didn't Tommy and Damo see the remains? Surely Laura was wearing modern clothing like a hoodie and jeans or yoga pants etc if the body was fully clothed. The fact that Tommy wasn't sure it even was human remains now beggars belief if the body was fully clothed.

To me it seems the storyliners decided on the victim first, hence the potential 3 year timeline of the corpse being there since Laura left at some point in 2022. Then they realised it wouldn't have made sense for her to have been there since 2022 as it would be a massive stretch to say Damo, Mark, Dolly, Mairead etc never bothered to contact her for 2 years worth of birthdays and Christmases etc. So they shortened it to 3 months but it doesn't match the initial few episodes of the body being discovered and Tommy and Co not being sure the remains were human or if they were even from this century

I know Georgie was looking suss the last few episodes but I'm actually starting to suspect Victor now too. When he was having a conversation with Kira about Laura and claimed not to even know of Laura's existence I was wondering if he was just covering his tracks. He was fairly tight with Damo and Mairead for a while and played poker with Damo a few times, you'd think Damo would've mentioned his siblings in passing at least once during that time (although I suppose he doesn't bother checking up on them for 3 months so maybe he pretends to new neighbours that they don't exist). I think Victor would make more sense than Georgie if Laura maybe found out about one of Victor's affairs and he killed her by accident trying to keep her quiet.

Another suspect is Nina. Sash's ex that cheated with Laura. Or was it Laura's ex that cheated with Sash? In any case Carol mentioned her this evening as being the author of a news article which apparently said the victim was bludgeoned or something. Since the cause of death isn't public yet, if that story turns out to be correct then Nina would look fairly suspicious if she printed the cause of death long before it became public. As an ex, she'd have the motive

I wonder will Nina come back into it? She is currently in the new Supervalu ad.. that's very true about Victor, he immediately said I didn't know Damien had a sister..but I can't see any proper motive, your 100% right, the timeline is all over the place with the murder. Even the fact Damien hadn't heard from her in months and no happy birthday text should have been alarm bells especially with their tragic background. Nonsensical as usual unfortunately.

YOU'D think Laura would be active on social media with photos of her travels

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

Yes it's truly bizzare that no one has heard from her in so long. There was no big falling out for there to an explanation of why no one has heard from her.

Unless there's a huge twist to the tale... Laura had a twin sister and they were separated at birth and she had rocked up looking for her long lost family... but still doesn't explain the lack of contact from Laura 1.

I'll go back to writers school

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Rfrip

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Hope the writers are talking to eavh other at least. Rte should put it out to drama school 12 year olds at this stage to write the scripts

Eurovision Semi Final 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Waa funny they had Mairead casually ask Damo if he got Laura and Dolly saying she hadn’t heard from her… just as the Gardai are coming up the stairs. Could they not have had that conversation a few weeks ago? Although they were probably on their breaks back then.

Also, Dolly must’ve been straight on the phone with the goss if Kira knew her best friend from school was the one murdered by the time Damo even got to the station.

Yeah poor Laura, nobody had heard from her in months and nobody gave a shite.

(lots of face pulling to follow from Damo, cant wait)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

No Fair City tonight thanks to the first round of this year's Eurovision

• Advertisement

Next week Mairead discovers the person below is a person on interest and doesn't tell Dimien. So, I take it we can rule out them because soaps nearly always chase the innocent person first.

Georgie.

Yeah it's the golden rule of whodunnits that the first suspect is wrongly accused.....but the first suspect was Zak so the person listed in the spoiler there is a possibility, especially considering how quickly FC burns through storylines in some instances. In all fairness though, Zak would actually make more sense as a killer than some of the current cast.

Did Melanie really sail off into the sunset scot free over the car robbery? I really thought Alex had better morals than that

Yeah it's beyond a joke that business savvy Joan didn't notice 2 transactions worth over €10,000 from her business account in the space of a few weeks. I know solicitors charge a bomb but surely there'd be something in the remittance info or would the bank not flag weird transactions over that amount especially to accounts that haven't had dealings with them before. Presumably a lot of clients would be regulars so payment wouldn't be suspicious.

Also how did Melanie get the €10,000 from GooEyes to her account to Joan's in a such a short space of time? I presume GooEyes gave her cash rather than revoluting her. And if she had to lodge that much cash and then transfer it, surely the bank would flag that as suspicious

Post edited by Otis Hill on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,278 ✭✭✭con747

Hughie who's in the shed now obviously can't add 2+2 and realise she needed the money he didn't give her so then she tried to get it off Maxine with a dodgy fake receipt who's in the shed with him so maybe they might get 2+2 to make 4. The amount of story lines that just fall off a cliff is unreal TBH.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Exactly Pete must be going to every chemist in ireland now trying to feed his kodine addiction

I think her comeuppance for now is Alex's disgust of her.

I don't think they want to give her a criminal record because it suits the stories of her being a go getter business woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Sparko

I think the actress playing Melanie is on maternity leave now so she'll be gone for months so presumably when she comes back the whole 10k nonsense will just never be mentioned again.

I don't know who's doing Joan's accounts but they didn't realise 10k vanished in December without being matched to an invoice, and then 10k appeared in January, also unmatched. She needs a new accountant!

With Mondo still working away, Sean offers to keep Kira company for the night, but she declines. Orla is concerned when Kira admits that she has developed feelings for Victor. Victor’s plans to spend the day with Kira are dashed when Babs pressures him to keep an eye on Ruby. Kira runs into Ruby and Victor and arranges another rendezvous under the guise of booking a taxi. Kira is oblivious to Victor’s anger over her flirting in front of Ruby. Ruby follows Victor when he leaves to meet up with Kira

• Advertisement

Kira lives with Juliet and Alex as well as Mondo. Don't see why Sean would see the need to keep her company. Might be loneliness on his part moreso than hers 🤔

Advertisement