Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2024 World Championships

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I know we're(including those on TV) all looking at the possibility of Jones being only 1 behind going into tonight. But it could just as easily be 5. Wilson with a good chance to win the first of these 2 remaining frames in this session.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,525 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Another “mile off”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭John arse

I'd say it's a long time since Kyren Wilson has played this badly?

Damning stats on BBC as well for Jones. 0/3 long pots to the top left and 0/4 for the top right. As you say he wasn't even remotely close. Nor was he with that red, his true long potting ability is shining through now.

• Advertisement

Wilson took those well in fairness to him. Jones's effort on the blue was poor, along with all the others, but he was hampered and forced into it with the red hanging over the corner pocket.

What's the excuse this time for another poor break off by Jones?

I want Jones to win, only for the soul searching snooker might be forced to do.

As I posted previously,how has Jones got this far???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Poor enough standard but its better than a absolute hammering which might have happened against one of the other top lads.

I was a bit surprised by Wilson turning down the red after a poor break off by Jones. But I think he knows if he just waits, Jones will present him with an easier chance and he has.

• Advertisement

I’m not gone on either of them but f@#k me- Jones as the world champion?😤

That's what I think about Wilson who was hammered 13-2 here last year. Barely made the evening session in the 2020 final. Lost the 2021 semi-final 17-12 to Shaun Murphy, he was 10-4 up and lost 13 out of 15 of the remaining frames.

That's what Jones needs here this evening.

Post edited by sligeach on

my goodness. Really rooting for Jones to win. But missing that black, no, I hope he loses. Awful stuff

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Desperate miss on the black

Gah! There's no words for that missed black. I keep saying it, he's just not good enough. Poor from Wilson as well.

Neither of them deserve to be champion come the end of tonight, but one of them will be.

No. No. No. Some of this is making me want to switch off the TV now. Shocking stuff!

Wilson is going to be 5 clear and taking Jones to the cleaners. But a better player would have done likewise to Wilson. He's lucky it's only Jones he is playing.

Stop it! They're trying to make excuses in the studio for this drivel. This is the 3rd session. It's not midnight in the last session and it coming down to the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Jack Daw

Awful from Jones.

Hard to feel much sympathy for him when he's wasted so many chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Augme

Jones is such a limited player. It's a miracle he's made it to this far. But the standard overall has been awful at times.

Yeah it's a hard watch but there's nothing else on!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Jones could easily be leading now, so much wasted chances, Bingham or Trump would have had the ability to close that first session gap, Wilson just doing enough.

• Advertisement

God-awful yellow!!!!!

Wilson is a lucky man that his opponent is Jak Jones!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

At this stage its all on Wilson, all he has to do is hold himself together and keep tipping away, its very hard to see how Jones gets back into this without a complete collapse from Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭AllForIt

He was explaining what a difficult shot hit it was, it makes sense he didn't pull it off. If he replicated the shot on first attempt it would look like it wasn't as difficult a shot he was making it out to be. You will know of couse the problem with playing a shot with side is the cue ball doe not travel in a straight line which makes missing the pot more likely.

Speaking of it being a hard watch (going back a bit here)- it's kinda like watching Bambi again 😥😥😥

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭extra-ordinary_

Only loosely watching it now in the background. Jones's situation appears hopeless, and I don't really want to watch Wilson lift the trophy.

Jones has outscored Wilson 10-8 since the start, I remember in 2021 the only session Selby won in the final was 7-1, proved to be the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,188 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

I don't follow golf. How is LIV working out? I think the darts has worked well where the breakaway tour is now the big one. Open to correction on that.

Ronnie seems very keen on the breakaway snooker tour. Seems plausible at the very least.

It would be a real shame if the world championship goes to Saudi. Hope it doesn't happen.

And golf or darts fans here who could say how their breakaway yours are going?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,188 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

OK. I'll look up that podcast. Pity you don't have any of your own thoughts to share.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Danye

Darts is completely different and the PDC packaged it brilliantly. It’s an event that people go to and are usually well oiled. It’s similar to a football match atmosphere. This has what has contributed to its popularity. Throw in the fact that its a game played at a fast exciting pace.

Advertisement